How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

my god you people. are you sure this "is muse prog rock/what is prog rockˇdiscussion really belongs here? I keep pausing my Criminal minds episode just to check in on this thread and I keep reading nothing but nonsense. seriously, start whining about survival instead.

Just for the record Wikipedia has been shown to be more accurate than printed encyclopedias. Don't ask me to source this as I heard it at uni like 4 years ago but there it is.

On topic: I'm a bit alarmed at the cheesiness of that clip but will just to wait and see.

Wikipedia (2012)

If the rest of the song is just more of what the 20 sec clip is, then it is definitely EPIC. An EPIC sellout, that is. So, so sad.

The Olympics should have just used "Eye of the Tiger". It's a better song.

I have to believe that's just the verse though, or possibly the Prelude. It sounds like it'd be an interesting verse if there is a pretty good chorus and solo.

I don't judge a song on 10-15 seconds of bad audio quality, but again, I'm not surprised it's not Unsustainable (which is THE ONE Song I'm now targeting to listen to and will kick a lot of asses, big time :LOL:).

Survival fits more The Olympics thematic so it makes sense and this way, the so called "fans" won't bitch for this or that with an Uprising Bis song to appeal to their ears before Unustainable disgusts them forever :LOL::D

Doesn't that mean some people won't be able to contribute anymore? The ones that lack the capacity to think... It will get all quiet in here ;)

i still think more people should post on here (instead of the progrock/pop stuff) to express their thoughts about the single..

i mean, meh, i am interested how many people on here think it will be awful, hence twitter is fangirling and saying those 20 seconds were 'the best that muse ever done'

Just for the record Wikipedia has been shown to be more accurate than printed encyclopedias. Don't ask me to source this as I heard it at uni like 4 years ago but there it is.

On topic: I'm a bit alarmed at the cheesiness of that clip but will just to wait and see.

Wikipedia (2012)

Wiki is more up to date in some subjects-- like the majority of scientific fields. But it isn't more accurate at all. Anyone can tamper with them; and if it's not a commonly used page and is a little abstract-- you can tamper and no one would notice.

That's certainly been our experience through our degree.

Oh ok, sorry. I've been skipping a few pages of the thread cause I couldn't be bothered to read everything ;/ guess that'll teach me.

Don't sweat it.. you've only missed a load of crap ... mainly the age old discussion on Are Muse Rock or Pop...

i still think more people should post on here (instead of the progrock/pop stuff) to express their thoughts about the single..

i mean, meh, i am interested how many people on here think it will be awful, hence twitter is fangirling and saying those 20 seconds were 'the best that muse ever done'

I ignore a lot of the Musers on Twitter because god, some of them are keymashing without any sort of reason.

Archived