How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

i know that there is no lack of whining here but damn! damn! damn!,this is neutron star collision all over again,and yeah none of us should get their hopes up,even though that we only heard like 15 seconds of it we know that musically it's nothing like the muse songs that we know and love,the lyrics are super cheesy and even matt's voice doesn't do it for me,why would they do this?,this ain't just about twilight fans,is this how they want to represent themselves to the whole world?,sorry but this is the very definition of selling out.i was getting constant goosebumps since i read the news,feeling super proud,close to tears and then that preview just killed it foe me :(

no one can say this better. I am with you on this, sadly :(

Of course it's going to be cheesy. It's the Olympics and they'll want to do slo-mo shots of crying athletes and stuff. Songs like Micro Cuts or CE don't work with that shit.

Not but something like B&H would have been perfect. Just because it's for the Olympics doesn't mean it couldn't be good. Hopefully, the lyrics on the rest of the album will be better than the ones we've heard from this song so far.

I don't judge a song on 10-15 seconds of bad audio quality

Thank you! Here I thought I was the only one.

Is it me or the preview sounds like they are making a replica of the song 'We are the Champions by Queen'?

It's Queen-y, but not the song I had in mind. The synth part is similar to The Show Must Go On.

i still think more people should post on here (instead of the progrock/pop stuff) to express their thoughts about the single..

i mean, meh, i am interested how many people on here think it will be awful, hence twitter is fangirling and saying those 20 seconds were 'the best that muse ever done'

Oh give me a fucking break. They can say the people here are miserable as fuck, but a lot of them just blindly love everything even if it's shit.

Wiki is more up to date in some subjects-- like the majority of scientific fields. But it isn't more accurate at all. Anyone can tamper with them; and if it's not a commonly used page and is a little abstract-- you can tamper and no one would notice.

That's certainly been our experience through our degree.

When I heard this, it was in relation to Zoology (my degree) so this makes sense.

Oh give me a fucking break. They can say the people here are miserable as fuck, but a lot of them just blindly love everything even if it's shit.

meh, not all of them are like that,but i am forced to agree

Not but something like B&H would have been perfect. Just because it's for the Olympics doesn't mean it couldn't be good. Hopefully, the lyrics on the rest of the album will be better than the ones we've heard from this song so far.

Oh, Muse why have you developed a fanbase with the population of Lady Gaga? :mad: Of course they're fangirling it on Twitter...

At least the other bitter fanbase forum I visit, the Pumpkins, have the delusional asskissers but they're just hipsters.

I feel bad for Chris and Dom.

As much as I'm all for BlameBellamy2012, if Chris and Dom thought it was shit they should speak up. If they thought it was shit but went ahead with it anyway don't they have no backbone which doesn't deserve any respect.

Definition of progressive rock:

a style of rock music originating in the 1970s and characterized by large-scale compositions, often on epic themes, in which musicians display instrumental virtuosity

Exogenesis fits there all by itself.

Erm, as amazing I think Exogenesis is it doesn't really display 'instrumental virtuosity' :LOL:

'And I will wiiinnn, yes I will wiiiinnnnn.'

The reason Usain Bolt will be inspired to win, the only reason.

:LOL: That's incredible.

When I heard this, it was in relation to Zoology (my degree) so this makes sense.

Ahh, there you go. Scientists are probably the only ones that can safely use wiki.

Justin, what is your opinion about Survival, expectations?

Korni, my opinion is it will be the greatest lump of cheese ever and that it will be played in stadiums for the rest of time. All the win, it will have ALL TEH WIN.

Oh, Muse why have you developed a fanbase with the population of Lady Gaga? :mad: Of course they're fangirling it on Twitter...

At least the other bitter fanbase forum I visit, the Pumpkins, have the delusional asskissers but they're just hipsters.

Hah, Smashing Pumpkin fans are amazing. Let's be fair though, Billy Corgan means inherently they put up with a lot of shit.

When I met some fans at their show in November though they were actually pretty nice.

Archived