How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I don't wanna judge but... shit I'm gonna judge anyway. for me, Muse have always represented one of the few remaining bands I regard 'special'. Now if they make retards out of themselves in front of the whole world with one shitty song after 13 years of awesomeness, I'm literally going to kill myself.

Amen.

It's more than blind positivity is frowned upon. The attitude that we should love everything they do, regardless, or we're not real fans.

Yeah that's what I meant. Perhaps in my happiness of being able to complain openly without fear of my fingers being severed I didn't quite phrase it all that well.

To be fair, Resistance is pretty bad. Also, people were doubtful about NSC when they heard it's preview and people thought it was even worse when the full song came out so I'd say it's fair for people to expect it to be shit.

Well, I like Resistance. And I do remember quite a few people changing their minds after hearing the full song (the "It could be wrong" bit in the preview had put them off).

Anyway, of course people are free to expect/think what they want, but it's kind of annoying to me to hear people label it as a shit song already, after hearing just 20 seconds of what is likely only part of one verse.

Where has that clip gone? Something about it doesn't sound right, as if the music is slowed down but maybe it just sounds odd on it's own. Afterall the beginning of Plug in Baby doesn't sound all that promising.

Even if it's cheesy, it can't be that bad surely, or it wouldn't have been chosen. I don't care too much if the lyrics are cheesy as long as the music sounds good.

NSC is a good song, i dont know why it has a bad reputation :D

i don't think it's particularly bad, but WAY below Muse standards. It should've been an instrumental as well, since the lyrics are, well, let's say I'd rather listen to my literature teachers early teenage love-poems (believe me, you don't wanna hear those)

Archived