How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

explain your reasoning... cite sources pls?

Well no sources... But for everytime a song is being played on radio, or tv (or anywhere else) the songwriter get's paid for it.. so you can imagine how much this is going to be played around the world!

unless there is a special agreement on the songwriting rights.

Surely this means they'll be performing at either the opening or closing ceremony?

Yeah I'd imagine so. Probably the opening one though because it's ~official or something.

And the closing ceremony for the Paralympics has been announced to be Coldplay-- so I'd imagine that the Olympics closing ceremony would be along the same vein as unrelated.

it's quite obvious in all honesty.. the olympics, main song? shitloads of money

well not really?! Who's to say they will get PRS rights for every time it's aired at an event? They may well have sorted something else out in the background. It won't get any more radio play than any other singles, and royalties from radio play are nothing compared to what a band makes from touring...

oh nvm saw your reply

I've just realised that this will be played on the radio and stuff a lot next month.

I won't mind if it's good, but if it's shit....

Also yes, Muse haven't been a proper rock band for a while, they've gradually been moving away from it, more poppy. I just see them as an over the top wub wub queen tribute band :LOL:

Well no sources... But for everytime a song is being played on radio, or tv (or anywhere else) the songwriter get's paid for it.. so you can imagine how much this is going to be played around the world!

unless there is a special agreement on the songwriting rights.

Not how it works. It's all tied in with Warner and the songwriter, pay per play stopped a long time ago seeing as we're in the digital age. Yes of course they will get more if it is played tonnes more but not to the extent it used to, and the bulk of that money will go to the label. As they hold the contract for rights to the music. I can't imagine the Olympic splashing out on a soundtrack when the budget for the ceremonies is £27mil.

Trust me, it's not money influenced or selling out. Don't be so narrow-minded.

Okay, so it's official. Not sure how I feel about Muse being linked with the Olympics. It's a bit too showy and doesn't seem like it suits them; Muse are showy in a v different way! A film score or soundtrack (not Twishite) is more up their street. Plus, I think it's also my bias against London 2012 – I have to liaise with them for work and they always put the blockers on anything we want to do.

Qs:

1) Is Radio One playing Survival AND Unsustainable or just the former?

2) Same Q for XFM (I heard the presenter say they're playing Unsustainable with no mention of any other song).

3) Survival was one of the songs from the Twitpic wasn't it?

Exciting times nonetheless! :awesome:

This, or was it a guess and it was Survival all along?

Pop and rock are separate genres.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Maybe you should take some music classes.

Muse is a rock band, a prog one at that. This is crap.

Well this is the biggest shite I've read on the board this year. Try again.

Archived