How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

The whole song as in the whole song or the whole song as in the crappy video cut up version that has half the guitar riffs and solos missing and verses shortened?? I really hope they're playing the whole thing.

It's hardly a crappy version, I don't get why some people are complaining about it. It's only slightly shorter and is effectively a radio edit. People never seem to complain about radio edits so why complain about this?

It's hardly a crappy version, I don't get why some people are complaining about it. It's only slightly shorter and is effectively a radio edit. People never seem to complain about radio edits so why complain about this?

I always complain about radio edits. If they wanted to shorten it cut out a considerable amount of the first verse before it gets going fine but they always do it to the worst parts. I liked knowing that a song muse wrote for the masses had two long instrumental sections loaded with guitar but no ones gonna notice that now are they?

I always complain about radio edits. If they wanted to shorten it cut out a considerable amount of the first verse before it gets going fine but they always do it to the worst parts. I liked knowing that a song muse wrote for the masses had two long instrumental sections loaded with guitar but no ones gonna notice that now are they?

As I said, there really isn't that much that's cut out. Also, why do you care what other people hear? The masses may well not like drop Ab riffs and solos, which is probably a reason why that bit had bits of it cut out.

The song's really growing on me. I absolutely adore Prelude as well - so beautiful. Still a bit annoyed that it wasn't on the single, though. I listen to the ones on Youtube that have Prelude more than I listen to the single.

As I said, there really isn't that much that's cut out. Also, why do you care what other people hear? The masses may well not like drop Ab riffs and solos, which is probably a reason why that bit had bits of it cut out.

But they kept the falsetto in? Most people I know when they hear Matt's falsetto say "egh he's got no balls!"

Also they cut out the parts that sound least like queen.

The song's really growing on me. I absolutely adore Prelude as well - so beautiful. Still a bit annoyed that it wasn't on the single, though. I listen to the ones on Youtube that have Prelude more than I listen to the single.

Can you link me a good version of the full prelude from YouTube? The only one I can find has been moved up so it's in the wrong key :wtf:

But they kept the falsetto in? Most people I know when they hear Matt's falsetto say "egh he's got no balls!"

Also they cut out the parts that sound least like queen.

What's your point?

Also, I assume it may have been awkward to edit the falsetto out and Plug In Baby and Supermassive Black Hole are two of Muse's most popular songs in the mainstream so, evidently, people don't mind it that much.

What's your point?

Also, I assume it may have been awkward to edit the falsetto out and Plug In Baby and Supermassive Black Hole are two of Muse's most popular songs in the mainstream so, evidently, people don't mind it that much.

And why do you think they'd mind an awesome riff?

Just seen this on Twitter!!!

@jessicaredman: I will be over seeing a Piano being wrapped in Chrome,which will be performed on by Muse at the Olympics closing ceremony #HellYeahzz

really? does that mean...no Elton John?

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I don't think it was even a rumour, someone just suggested that's who they'd like Muse to play with

Well, it was never said that Elton would play with them, it was just a rumour.

well, the way I heard, they had him as 'an invited speacial guest' or waddahell. but anyway, I'm glad to hear it that it won't happen.

Archived