2012.11.01 - MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

L.

Epic gig! A million miles away from the Resistance tour, where we really questioned if we would ever fall back in love with Muse...well we did last night! Nice long setlist, although would've liked Stockholm Syndrome instead of New Born (although this was also great), and Sunburn instead of Falling Down (I'm probably in the minority as I don't really like Falling Down..!), but I'm nitpicking here.

I got in the queue around 2pm, they messed up with the standing queues inside the venue, its usually a little more organised, but we took a punt and moved queues which worked as we got barrier :D How tense is the march down the steps with arms up in the air lol!? :LOL: Crowd was pretty calm near me, had LOADS of room!

New songs sound great live, apart from Explorers, pointless song IMO. Liquid State was particularly awesome. Love how they all interacted with the crowd....Matt was really on form. My husband shook Matt's hand AND nabbed us a setlist! :D

I took a zillion photos as the light was great but have narrowed it down to 69. Link here:

Loads more here

or here http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavita41/

Your photos are amazing! Mine were pretty crap! Stupid camera :p I'd have preferred Hysteria, Stockholm and Sunburn/RBS but oh well. I really enjoyed Panic Station, great song to dance to :happy:

:eek:

Where were you standing (Want one as well:$)? You're so lucky:happy:

I saw it happen, she was right in the centre at the front, Dom came down and thought for a moment and then handed it straight to her, then threw one to the crowd.

Which doors were you at? The one where everyone was wondering if we were in the right place 'cause there were only about 10 people there? :LOL:

Yep, I was the tall one with the black atticus jacket, I can't believe how easy it was to get barrier, and how quiet our entrance was

Got a handshake from Matt!! :D :D Or as I called it at the time, a 'hand grab'!

Was on the barrier right in front of Matt's podium (a lot higher up that it looked at the other shows, lol). It was brilliant to see the guys up close! And even got a fangirl-worthy shot of Chris rocking out (yes, he's fecking hot!)

Chriiissss :eyebrows:

I've experienced barrier once, which was wicked, but I'm gonna go back to my traditional close-but-not-dying area of the arena in Dubs tomorrow - hopefully on Chris's side: I miss jumping about/moshing etc with the hyper crowd :D

3rd muse gig last night and it was indeed amazing. was standing, close-ish to the front on matts side, managed to get near the barrier by the end thanks to the mosh pits. it felt amazing to see them playing host and falling down. incredible night.

Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place!

I saw the signs, stuck to the doors, saying that the performance was being filmed ...... Anyone know anything about this? Intrigued.

We were 'rear view' last night .... and of all the six Muse gigs I've been to - this was by far the best! Even better than Wembley! I loved rear view and would choose it again!!

This was my first Muse concert. I have been to a few concerts and this was one of the best concerts I have been to. What was the name of the warm up act at the beginning. I didn't catch the name of the band. I am curious as they said they come from my neck of the woods North Wales.

This was my first Muse concert. I have been to a few concerts and this was one of the best concerts I have been to. What was the name of the warm up act at the beginning. I didn't catch the name of the band. I am curious as they said they come from my neck of the woods North Wales.

The Joy Formidable :)

I saw the signs, stuck to the doors, saying that the performance was being filmed ...... Anyone know anything about this? Intrigued.

We were 'rear view' last night .... and of all the six Muse gigs I've been to - this was by far the best! Even better than Wembley! I loved rear view and would choose it again!!

Is this true? Because I'm going to be seriously embarrassed if videos surface :LOL:

Seen them five times before, and I think this is the best I've ever seen them! Loved Falling Down, the grand piano was a beaut! So gutted for the guy who caught the drumstick! Even tho I'm a little one I had a great view standing, was dead pleased as I'm normally obscured by v tall people, not to mention the band!

Just back home from Manchester, I thought Glasgow last week was epic, but f-me, the MEN was electric last night! To echo vivienmolko, they really seem to be enjoying themselves, there's a real energy and tempo to the gigs and a great mix of material.

Answered my own question in terms of the view from the disabled area, it was exceptional! Loved seeing the full stage show from afar, it's something else. Also nice to hear Falling Down again, that was a real nice surprise :)

Been putting vids up, Madness is live but I know the forum will much prefer Falling Down ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j69yk9fTiA&feature=youtu.be

i was rear view too :D

i also saw a guy with a pwoper camera filming, so who knows (who)

last night was the tits

Muse actually record every Gig or at least their management do. I'm assuming its more for the screens than anything else. Just incase they get someone who is like "I did not agree to be filmed" They can turn around and say you were warned

Epic gig! A million miles away from the Resistance tour, where we really questioned if we would ever fall back in love with Muse...well we did last night! Nice long setlist, although would've liked Stockholm Syndrome instead of New Born (although this was also great), and Sunburn instead of Falling Down (I'm probably in the minority as I don't really like Falling Down..!), but I'm nitpicking here.

I got in the queue around 2pm, they messed up with the standing queues inside the venue, its usually a little more organised, but we took a punt and moved queues which worked as we got barrier :D How tense is the march down the steps with arms up in the air lol!? :LOL: Crowd was pretty calm near me, had LOADS of room!

New songs sound great live, apart from Explorers, pointless song IMO. Liquid State was particularly awesome. Love how they all interacted with the crowd....Matt was really on form. My husband shook Matt's hand AND nabbed us a setlist! :D

I took a zillion photos as the light was great but have narrowed it down to 69. Link here:

Got a couple of short vids to upload too.

Here's some of my fave pics:

Loads more here

or here http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavita41/

What camera did you use? The quality is great!

Archived