2012.11.01 - MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

L.

I'm not sure if hes done this before but Chris interacting with the crowd before liquid state made me laugh.

Matt seems to really enjoy not playing guitar and prancing around the stage for 2 songs (undisclosed and follow me).

Anyone catch what Matt was saying

All i heard was muffle

I just met Chris!!! Great way to end agreat gig!!!! Nice guy as well :)

Woah that's amazing! How did you manage that? Me and my friends did walk around the back for a bit but it was quite a feeble attempt really!

Anyone catch what Matt was saying

All i heard was muffle

Yeah i couldn't understand a word, I was really upet. Can anyone tell me?

I am definitely, definitely doing rear seats again, that was a total blast and so nice to have time to eat and meet people and hang out, though I do love being on the barrier. The performance seemed a bit bouncier and sillier? than the other two, maybe cos of the farting around at the BBC gig?

Minor whinge: I have crappy luck with setlists, as I got the same bar one song (MotP though :awesome: ) over all three gigs, and also last night was the first time I'd seen Chris throw plectrums in front of the podium where I'd been for the other two gigs, rather than in front of his main stage mic!

8th Muse gig last night and definitely one of the best. I'd have preferred Hysteria over MotP though and Stockholm over New Born.

Still had a blast though.... Even though a girl tried to kidnap me after the gig. My girlfriend thought that was quite amusing.

Sorry for the people stood around me for my bad singing.

Was 3 rows from the front in rear block 120 right next to the middle aisle on Matt's side - absolutlely INCREDIBLE. Actually can not believe how amazing rear view was. And I was on barrier in Liverpool the other year! I'd say this was at least on a par with that (mad as that sounds). Still buzzing from it. The crowd were fantastic too. And pretty sure me & my friend got some cheeky eye contact from Matt & Dom too we were waving so crazily!

We even got what I presume was one of the tech or stage people (he had a walkie-talkie anyway) come down the aisle next to us half way through and ask how we were liking the rear view - we must have looked enthusiatic enough! Bet the price of rear goes through the roof next tour!

Also, found Matt's shredding at the rear during Liquid State hilarious, he interacted with us so much more than he did last tour. Just amazing.

:musesign:

Last night was amazing, was at barrier behind 2 small girls, would have been able to lean on the barrier if some bell end didn't try to bring a bottle on to the floor. Anyway I was at least half a foot taller than anyone around me which was great for me, not too great for the people behind me. I touched matt, not quite a shake of the hand but close enough, and my girlfriend grabbed his wrist. I've never been so close at a Muse gig, I was surprised how easy it was to get at the barrier, bit of a mad rush but not too bad. Out of the 4 times I have seen them, that was easily the best.

Was 3 rows from the front in rear block 120 right next to the middle aisle on Matt's side - absolutlely INCREDIBLE. Actually can not believe how amazing rear view was. And I was on barrier in Liverpool the other year! I'd say this was at least on a par with that (mad as that sounds). Still buzzing from it. The crowd were fantastic too. And pretty sure me & my friend got some cheeky eye contact from Matt & Dom too we were waving so crazily!

We even got what I presume was one of the tech or stage people (he had a walkie-talkie anyway) come down the aisle next to us half way through and ask how we were liking the rear view - we must have looked enthusiatic enough! Bet the price of rear goes through the roof next tour!

Also, found Matt's shredding at the rear during Liquid State hilarious, he interacted with us so much more than he did last tour. Just amazing.

:musesign:

Oh it sounds :awesome:

:'(:'(

I...

I just... what.

I got a drum stick. He handed it to me. Holy shit.

http://imgur.com/CB9qy

http://imgur.com/veeTe

http://imgur.com/GCx1O

Haha I was stood directly behind you when that happened! Dom looked right at me and I thought he was going to pass it to me for a second but then he didn't. :( That, combined with JUST missing Matt's high fiving/hand shaking by a mere inch or two earlier on left me absolutely gutted, but overall the gig was incredible and I should probably be grateful for managing to get ight to the front! :D Glad that a true fan got the drumstick anyway and not someone that would have just stuck it on eBay when they got back home! :p

But yeah, that was probably the best gig I've been to thus far, Muse or otherwise! And that's saying a LOT because I attended the one at the LCCC a couple of years back which was mind-blowing! Seriously can't wait to see them again, whenever that may be! :)

It's not often I feel compelled to post on here but fuck me that was brilliant! Was a bit like some strange out of body experience being so close, just wish I’d been further towards the middle as it was super quiet at the edge. Alas, potential touching of the Bellamy was too great an allure to give up barrier for a more fun spot. I really love the fact that they genuinely seem to be enjoying themselves. Dom & Chris laughing their backsides off when Matt went walkabout was priceless.

I really loved all the new stuff (even bloody Survival). Panic Station, Animals, Liquid State & Falling Down/Host were prob my faves and Head Up was as beefy as I've ever heard it. When Map kicked in I screamed an embarrassingly loud yes. :facepalm:

Explorers. Just why?
I actually really enjoyed it, don't ask me why, it will remain one of the unexplained mysteries of the universe. :LOL:

...No matter what time you'd queued from (only 2pm in my case) it turned into a lottery as to whether your early queuing got you as near the front as you thought you'd be.
Agreed, I only arrived about 3pm and was just behind a girl who'd been there since 11am. We ended up in the queue that let you in right at the back of the arena too, I'd have been well pissed off if I'd been there since the crack of dawn.

...also last night was the first time I'd seen Chris throw plectrums in front of the podium where I'd been for the other two gigs...
Don't worry, I was under that platform to the right and what must have been the pure will of the crowd still made them land towards the middle! :LOL:

Finally, please enjoy this pic of Dom A. He came out front and was giving it a proper satisfied nod to himself, so I asked him to smile and this was the face I got (couldn’t zoom out quick enough though).

8148108338_b0ec72e07e.jpg

8148096225_870d39ba0c.jpg

8148108373_5fd8ddce1c.jpg

8148127076_84b89bcdc0.jpg

Sorry about the length of that.

Epic gig! A million miles away from the Resistance tour, where we really questioned if we would ever fall back in love with Muse...well we did last night! Nice long setlist, although would've liked Stockholm Syndrome instead of New Born (although this was also great), and Sunburn instead of Falling Down (I'm probably in the minority as I don't really like Falling Down..!), but I'm nitpicking here.

I got in the queue around 2pm, they messed up with the standing queues inside the venue, its usually a little more organised, but we took a punt and moved queues which worked as we got barrier :D How tense is the march down the steps with arms up in the air lol!? :LOL: Crowd was pretty calm near me, had LOADS of room!

New songs sound great live, apart from Explorers, pointless song IMO. Liquid State was particularly awesome. Love how they all interacted with the crowd....Matt was really on form. My husband shook Matt's hand AND nabbed us a setlist! :D

I took a zillion photos as the light was great but have narrowed it down to 69. Link here:

Got a couple of short vids to upload too.

Here's some of my fave pics:

8148110265_622d0baa57_z.jpg

8148135628_4afd0b3e17_z.jpg

8148120405_293e4638ee_z.jpg

8148118749_0e03365d39_z.jpg

8148121825_5215501e19_z.jpg

8148127771_e43979386c_z.jpg

8148165568_a5e8f04943_z.jpg

Just after he came past us!

8148170262_d8cc662b53_z.jpg

8148121825_5215501e19_z.jpg

8148199500_10e0b4d24b_z.jpg

8148142337_210d257704_z.jpg

8148172091_c3147cc1ca_z.jpg

Loads more here

or here http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavita41/

Wow! :awesome:

Have you any idea how it compares to other gigs this tour?

I saw them in Glasgow last week & got to barrier. Last night was about 6 rows back and ended up in the mosh pit by accident!!!

Both were amazing but experiences are different depending on where you stand. I think Manchester crowd were more enthusiastic :)

Catching a flight at 9.50pm tonight to see them in Dublin tomorrow :D:D:D:D:D

Archived