Starting to wonder whether this is a standing only gig :)

It would seem strange as I've never seen Hall 4 do it and would be a bit unfair for those who can't be in standing (maybe disabled or kids?)

Is hall 4 the furthest away from the main entrance?

If so it normally has seating, although sometimes it's just one stand for VIP, disabled and what not.

There is plenty of space to roam at the back of the hall so unless you can't stand for a lengthy time, you can walk about and still have a reasonably good view.

Starting to wonder whether this is a standing only gig :)

It would seem strange as I've never seen Hall 4 do it and would be a bit unfair for those who can't be in standing (maybe disabled or kids?)

The SECC gig on the BH&R tour was all standing. Just means they sell more tickets.

I have a general (and probably very stupid question): Why does my order confirmation all of a sudden show a row and seat numbers but I ordered standing and my confirmation says floor standing?

Is that just a ticketmaster issue?

I have a general (and probably very stupid question): Why does my order confirmation all of a sudden show a row and seat numbers but I ordered standing and my confirmation says floor standing?

I didn't think there were any seating tickets

It's not actually row and seat, it's just for them to keep count. :D

I went there, what are you studying?

Technically marketing, though I'm pretty much treating it as a joke semester and taking all the "foreign student classes" like bagpipes, Scottish Culture, etc. Well, I hope, I don't know my schedule yet until I get there.

Eating deep fried Mars bars and drinking whisky and Irn Bru then? ;)

Hopefully. How does classes work over there anyways? Like, how strict are they about attendance? And do you have a lot of homework and tests and stuff? That's what it's like here.

Hopefully. How does classes work over there anyways? Like, how strict are they about attendance? And do you have a lot of homework and tests and stuff? That's what it's like here.

Dunno mate, I'm ancient :$

It will probably vary per department. In mine we had lecture (2 hours usually) + 1 hour tutorial. You had to sign an attendance sheet and if you'd miss more than 2 in a row they'd contact you "in case you were being eaten by your cat". I'd have one essay for semester 1 and an essay + exam in semester 2, but erasmus students were only required to do the essay.

It will probably vary per department. In mine we had lecture (2 hours usually) + 1 hour tutorial. You had to sign an attendance sheet and if you'd miss more than 2 in a row they'd contact you "in case you were being eaten by your cat". I'd have one essay for semester 1 and an essay + exam in semester 2, but erasmus students were only required to do the essay.

Hm, interesting. I've heard that's it a lot more self-study focused over there... in the States it's rigidly guidelined and they overwork you pointlessly. :rolleyes:

Archived