New Photo Gallery Live

KirkBot

I've fixed Museiwki to be reflective of the fact that no one actually knows what it is.

thank you!

where can we discuss the meaning of the titles? on Musewiki it says that Animals can be re: The Animal Farm, but I have other ideas

I've fixed Museiwki to be reflective of the fact that no one actually knows what it is.

cheers.. working title does look like Chalice now, but lets be scientific about it shall we!

Toms new photos do look really good.. if only there was a picture of the whiteboard itself (no extreme close-ups!) with their scribblings on it

I just googled what 'Chalice' means...its interesting.

'A chalice (from Latin calix, cup, borrowed from Greek kalyx, shell, husk) is a goblet or footed cup intended to hold a drink. In general religious terms, it is intended for drinking during a ceremony.'

It has heavy Christian connotations, which isn't very Muse. :/ But then i found....

'The term "poisoned chalice" is applied to a thing or situation which appears to be good when it is received or experienced by someone, but then becomes or is found to be bad.'

That appears to make a bit more sense.

Sorry for being a bit investigative, but i found it interesting :)

'A chalice (from Latin calix, cup, borrowed from Greek kalyx, shell, husk) is a goblet or footed cup intended to hold a drink. In general religious terms, it is intended for drinking during a ceremony.'

It has heavy Christian connotations, which isn't very Muse. :/ But then i found....

'The term "poisoned chalice" is applied to a thing or situation which appears to be good when it is received or experienced by someone, but then becomes or is found to be bad.'

That appears to make a bit more sense.

It's just a song title though. 'Chalice' could just be a word used frequently through the song, doesn't mean it has to have anything to do with Christianity or anything deep.

It's just a song title though. 'Chalice' could just be a word used frequently through the song, doesn't mean it has to have anything to do with Christianity or anything deep.

yeah i guess, but most Muse songs dont actually say the title in the song

I'm bored and should be revising, so i'm on here

yeah i guess, but most Muse songs dont actually say the title in the song

I'm bored and should be revising, so i'm on here

Some people still argue on here about meanings of songs that we've heard, know the lyrics and have come out years ago. I just think it's a bit pointless trying to gather anything about a song from a working in progress title

Just chill out till we get any real news/reviews/releases

Some people still argue on here about meanings of songs that we've heard, know the lyrics and have come out years ago. I just think it's a bit pointless trying to gather anything about a song from a working in progress title

i know, but i'm just excited to hear new material. It's been so long

It has heavy Christian connotations, which isn't very Muse.

I was about to do the same.

the other example i can think of is "Absolution", and I do think Christian connotations are very muse. if you recall a lot of talk around Absolution time was related to the Templars and other related stuff, because Matt was reading Da Vinci Code

knowing Muse as long as I do, it is hardly ever just a word

I just think it's a bit pointless trying to gather anything about a song from a working in progress title

I think it is fun. And it does not prevent me from chilling out. :p

I think Matt will have moved on from George Orwell by now :chuckle:

Exactly. We know Matt's lyrics are heavily influenced by what he reads. We know other books he read since 2009. For example he was reading "Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen " by Deckle Edge about developing super abilities in humans, and the title SUPREMACY is very fitting with the theme of that book.

knowing Muse as long as I do, it is hardly ever just a word

It's a working title though, so it could very easily just be a word from the song. My point is, it's not very often you can tell what a song will be about from it's working title and this one certainly isn't an exception. People need to just chill and wait until things actually get confirmed or at least until we have something solid to speculate on.

It's a working title though, so it could very easily just be a word from the song. My point is, it's not very often you can tell what a song will be about from it's working title and this one certainly isn't an exception. People need to just chill and wait until things actually get confirmed or at least until we have something solid to speculate on.

i get your point. can you understand that to some fans who lived through setlist anagrams and treasure hunts it is interesting to discuss the working titles? i personally learn a lot when I google words like Chalice and try to associate it with all that have been said and done by the band before

We're Musers. 'Chill' is not in our vocabulary. 'Spaffaboutconspiracytheories&speculateeveryminute', however, is. ;)

thank you!

where can we discuss the meaning of the titles? on Musewiki it says that Animals can be re: The Animal Farm, but I have other ideas

Better to only add actual information like with Wikipedia. Forums are for idle speculation and opinion, on Musewiki you should cite a reliable source for anything you add to it.

Better to only add actual information like with Wikipedia. Forums are for idle speculation and opinion, on Musewiki you should cite a reliable source for anything you add to it.

Great, well what is the source of the Animal Farm idea?

We're Musers. 'Chill' is not in our vocabulary. 'Spaffaboutconspiracytheories&speculateeveryminute', however, is. ;)

and besides, we have hyper even in our screen names ))

Great, well what is the source of the Animal Farm idea?

'Animals' was a working title for one of the songs so people jumped to the conclusion that, because Matt read 1984, it had something to do with George Orwell. So really, there is no source at all :rolleyes:

'Animals' was a working title for one of the songs so people jumped to the conclusion that, because Matt read 1984, it had something to do with George Orwell. So really, there is no source at all :rolleyes:

I know , so that is why I am asking, according to the rules it shoud be removed

Archived