I Belong To You without French part?

Jetro

Does there exist a version of I Belong To You without the Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix part added to it? Mind you, I am not talking about the Twilight/New Moon Remix, just the regular song with the French part removed.

Think I saw an edited version on youtube some time ago but I'm too lazy to check. Why would you want something like that?

Not officially there isn't. At least no edits I've seen of or heard, and by that I mean none of promotional media, on Warner catalogues or on anything that's been released, but that doesn't mean that on Warner's database it doesn't exist (the database pretty much has everything, instrumental B sides, stems, live versions etc.).

The French part is ace though :(. In fact, it's one of Muse's best songs to date.

:LOL:

Not sure if serious, you know is a cover, right? The second cover in a Muse album after Feeling Good. Is a part from Samson & Delilah.

Anyway I love the song.

Oh, and a little offtopic, I find something dark and gloomy with the song. i know is a happy song and is about love and all it, but if The Resistance is inspired in 1984, the last part of the book after the brainwashing, when the principal character belong to the Big Brother could be the last part of the album (without Exogenesis, a song composed in a couple of years, not for the Resistance), You know, then is not a love song when one lover belong to the other, is a dark song when one zombie belong to the state.

Or maybe i think too much about it :rolleyes:

Not sure if serious, you know is a cover, right? The second cover in a Muse album after Feeling Good. Is a part from Samson & Delilah.

Anyway I love the song.

Oh, and a little offtopic, I find something dark and gloomy with the song. i know is a happy song and is about love and all it, but if The Resistance is inspired in 1984, the last part of the book after the brainwashing, when the principal character belong to the Big Brother could be the last part of the album (without Exogenesis, a song composed in a couple of years, not for the Resistance), You know, then is not a love song when one lover belong to the other, is a dark song when one zombie belong to the state.

Or maybe i think too much about it :rolleyes:

:stunned:

Of course I do ;). I mean it works as part of the whole song really well.

Tbh, TR would have been so much better it is had run Uprising > Unnatural Selection > MK Ultra > I Belong To You > Exogenesis.

Good album then.

On my itunes, The Resistance is a little messed up, and I Belong to You is shifted and is the last song on the album, and that works very well as the closing song. If it finished the album before the clarinet part, it would be magical :D

When it comes to being played live, I love the song, but I just don't think it works in a Muse concert, so I'm not too disappointed that I'll never see it.

On my itunes, The Resistance is a little messed up, and I Belong to You is shifted and is the last song on the album, and that works very well as the closing song. If it finished the album before the clarinet part, it would be magical :D

When it comes to being played live, I love the song, but I just don't think it works in a Muse concert, so I'm not too disappointed that I'll never see it.

So you put the Exo just before IBTY? Uhm, I wouldn't like the transition :/

So you put the Exo just before IBTY? Uhm, I wouldn't like the transition :/

The only thing I wouldn't mind coming after Exogenesis would be Unnatural Selection, even then I prefer Exo finishing the album. IBTY would just be a complete anti-climax if it was last.

Anyway, on topic - I love the French section, without it I think the song would lose a lot of it's fun. It's the only song where I actually enjoy the ridiculous amount of cheese, mainly because it's obviously not serious. Was there never a radio edit? I would imagine that would have the S&D section cut out.

The only thing I wouldn't mind coming after Exogenesis would be Unnatural Selection, even then I prefer Exo finishing the album. IBTY would just be a complete anti-climax if it was last.

Anyway, on topic - I love the French section, without it I think the song would lose a lot of it's fun. It's the only song where I actually enjoy the ridiculous amount of cheese, mainly because it's obviously not serious. Was there never a radio edit? I would imagine that would have the S&D section cut out.

Why would there be a radio edit if it was never a single?

There is the Twilight edit, but that one is awful.

Archived