james90

You absolutely have a choice. Don't buy broken gear. It's dumbass's like you that HAVE to have something that you really don't and you can't afford and buy it anyway. It's called personal responsibility.

Haha what, I've never even complained about the UO being broken, just posted on here in case someone who knew about electronics on case they knew roughly what the issue is. Does anyone have to have a guitar pedal? No course they fucking don't, but it was £40 and I figured if I could send it off to get fixed (which I did) I'd have a reasonable deal. What point in that makes me a dumbass?

Also I haven't made a remark about how poor I am compared to everyone else's wealth cos that is a shitey argument, but yes I am a uni student living off a tin of beans

/IntelligentAl

Can we fuck off with this personal responsibility shit?

You absolutely have a choice. Don't buy broken gear. It's dumbass's like you that HAVE to have something that you really don't and you can't afford and buy it anyway. It's called personal responsibility.

If your jealous of someone's money, grow the fuck up first, then get a job. If you have a job then be smart, budget your money until you can afford the gear you "need".

You'll never get anywhere thinking people owe you something or being jealous of others money because there will always be someone with more money than you.

What... the actual fuck?

:srsb33f:

Nah, but clearly something in your own personal life is up so you're taking it out on the mean rich Texan kid over the Internet :(

Oioi, hold it Tex

Err no fuck off? I get angry when cunts like you start chatting shit like that. Where have I got angry about the whammy or UO not working? I knew well about the condition of the UO when I bought it from James as he made it clear when he put up the ad that there was an issue with it. And when I bought the whammy there was nothing actually wrong with it apart from being beaten up, it was the Sunburn incident that fucked it up. I only got annoyed when the guy was taking ages just to reply to an email so why don't you just piss off and stick a beemer up your arse?

/:awesome:

Even after all of Chedda's brutalizing, a Bimmer wouldn't fit up my fat arse.

Ever thought someone buys 'cheap' gear because they have no choice, rather than they choose not to spend their millions on it? Ever thought people cant actually afford fucking BMWs and £3000 guitars at 17? It's exactly the naive idiots like you who are what's wrong with the world. Nob.

Lulz

I'm not criticizing Dom for purchasing "cheap" gear - he said himself he bought it cheap. I have a ton of secondhand stuff, I'm just suggesting that he shouldn't be surprised if it isn't working right, especially if he bought it that way. Maybe he isn't angry, but maybe he should expect some issues with it. All I'm saying.

On another note, you're a nob because you assume you know everything about me and my life - and that I'm a nob - simply because of the things I have. Now who's the naive idiot who's everything fucked up in the world? Sorry I have a BMW and a Manson and that you're jealous of that, but it really doesn't say a lot about me as a person.

If your jealous of someone's money, grow the fuck up first, then get a job. If you have a job then be smart, budget your money until you can afford the gear you "need".

You'll never get anywhere thinking people owe you something or being jealous of others money because there will always be someone with more money than you.

+1 for AMERICA *high five*

Piss off back to the gear page then.

This, again, really? :facepalm:

I probably would...if I were a nob :ninja:

I'm not criticizing Dom for purchasing "cheap" gear - he said himself he bought it cheap. I have a ton of secondhand stuff, I'm just suggesting that he shouldn't be surprised if it isn't working right, especially if he bought it that way. Maybe he isn't angry, but maybe he should expect some issues with it. All I'm saying.

When did he ever say that he wasn't expecting any issues? Or that he was surprised?

Even after all of Chedda's brutalizing, a Bimmer wouldn't fit up my fat arse.

Lulz

Maybe Chedda should upgrade to a Whammy DT, they're a bit more of a stretch apparently

But I was expecting issues! That's why I sent it off with the Whammy to get fixed, but apparently all the wiring in it was fine and the guy testing it didn't encounter any problems, which is why I posted saying I imagine it might be something else in my gear that's dodgy, like the wiring in the guitar or amp, in case any electronics whizz knew anything and BOOM, I'm a dumbass for buying cheap gear

Noooooope

Maybe Chedda should upgrade to a Whammy DT, they're a bit more of a stretch apparently

But I was expecting issues! That's why I sent it off with the Whammy to get fixed, but apparently all the wiring in it was fine and the guy testing it didn't encounter any problems, which is why I posted saying I imagine it might be something else in my gear that's dodgy, like the wiring in the guitar or amp, in case any electronics whizz knew anything and BOOM, I'm a dumbass for buying cheap gear

Noooooope

:LOL:

Mreh maybe your whole setup is dodgy and you should just sell it all and buy a Manson. Problem solved?

/sarcasm

Inb4 Jamie complains that not everyone can afford a Manson, when he has a Manson.

:LOL:

Mreh maybe your whole setup is dodgy and you should just sell it all and buy a Manson. Problem solved?

/sarcasm

Inb4 Jamie complains that not everyone can afford a Manson, when he has a Manson.

I do think there is actually something dodgy about the wiring in the Reject so I'll try get that checked out soon, there's probably one really simple fix to all this but I know fuck all about electronics

Lol this thread. *awaits James*

Who cares whether your gear is cheap or not or if you bought something broken. Fuck it, you can buy whatever the fuck you want and then do (almost) whatever you want with it. If Dom bought the pedal and just wanted to hang it up on his wall or have an expensive paperweight, what's the harm? It's his money, he can do what he wants.

Dom was saying that he has had a bad experience with a "professional" in repairing a pedal. If I had something with the intention of getting it repaired by someone else whether purchased broken or not, I'd be annoyed if they took so long with it/not bothered fixing it. I wouldn't mind if they said they couldn't fix it early on, you just go on. Rather it's the attitude of the person Dom has had to deal with. Dom has done nothing wrong. Some may find it silly to buy a non-working pedal but many people do it but they are the kinds of things where a cheap repair job can usually get it working.

Dom, would you be able to post some guts of the pedal in the (Un)Worthy Mods thread? If it's sounding like a FF, chances are you could have a faulty transistor/IC/component OR the voltage entering the pedal might be too low (replace the battery?). Could be a number of things but in some cases there will be a visual cue. Do you have a multimeter too because that way you can check certain components to see if they work.

Typed from an old G5 mac I picked up for free and fixed over three days because I live like a uni student too

Dom, sorry that wasn't to you because you said you knew what you were buying. Even though it did sound like I was talking to you, I apologize. Even being 16, you seem to have a head on your shoulders.

Bucket, Good call on the what the actual fuck, whatever that means. Good argument you totally got me.

Jamie URRGGHHhhhheuhuh deadstar fuck is the one that seems to dislike jimbo the most and trolls him. There is no basis for his dislike except jealousy as much as he would deny it, it's the truth, proven by his posts. And the fact that Jimbo can get under his skin so easily is hilarious.

I don't have beef with anyone here and will defend Jamie or whoever when they are right. This is all just a bunch of middle school bs.Grow a set of balls and Go get laid you virgins.

He's not 16?

Whatever fucking 18 or however old he is . That still doesn't change what I said. 16-18 he still said he bought shitty gear and didn't expect it to be anymore than a pile of crap.

I'm totally against the constant unwarranted trolling of jimbo by a bunch of twats is all.

Whatever fucking 18 or however old he is . That still doesn't change what I said. 16-18 he still said he bought shitty gear and didn't expect it to be anymore than a pile of crap.

I'm totally against the constant unwarranted trolling of jimbo by a bunch of twats is all.

Was just pointing out a mistake. I wasn't trying to make an argument with it or anything :p

Woooahahh james any more info on that metallic orange beast? Any audio clips? That's right up ma street!

yeah

http://www.starkguitars.co.uk

more pics on there, but the basic spec is

mahogany body

maple semi thru neck

ebony fretboard

ibanez lo pro

gotoh 510 tuners

bare knuckle mississippi queen and miracle man

really an amazing guitar. i'll try to get some sound clips up soon - only got the yamaha thr to work with at the moment!

yeah

http://www.starkguitars.co.uk

more pics on there, but the basic spec is

mahogany body

maple semi thru neck

ebony fretboard

ibanez lo pro

gotoh 510 tuners

bare knuckle mississippi queen and miracle man

really an amazing guitar. i'll try to get some sound clips up soon - only got the yamaha thr to work with at the moment!

Looks so crisp and a total no-nonsense workhorse, bet it plays like buttter!