james90

500k for both

and there's a 3 way mini toggle switch below the volume pot. lets you switch between series, parallel, and bridge P90 only. OR you can put it on a push/pull pot (which is more matthew) to switch between bridge only and series.

I can't say I use parallel too much. sounds slightly bigger than bridge only, but loses a bit of attack

Was talking to Phil last night about the wiring and I think we're going for something like 3 way switch (bridge, parallel, 'neck') and then a push pull on one of the pots (does it matter which? N00b at wiring) to switch between parallel and series

when you say neck, do you mean the actual neck pickup or the neck facing P90?

I don't really see a point in wiring it to use the neck facing P90 alone.

I'd do it like this:

3 way mini toggle to switch between bridge facing P90 only, series, and parallel

and then a standard 3 way toggle to switch between the actual neck pickup, the neck pickup and P90s, and then the P90s alone (basically just a standard pickup toggle switch)

when you say neck, do you mean the actual neck pickup or the neck facing P90?

I don't really see a point in wiring it to use the neck facing P90 alone.

I'd do it like this:

3 way mini toggle to switch between bridge facing P90 only, series, and parallel

and then a standard 3 way toggle to switch between the actual neck pickup, the neck pickup and P90s, and then the P90s alone (basically just a standard pickup toggle switch)

Nah not having a neck pickup, I mean the neck facing p90 yeah. Just figured that we might as well make it as versatile as possible

Brilliant pictures :D how do you find the mbk3?

it's a little darker and has more low end than the MBK-2. cleans are actually pretty nice, but the distorted tones can be a little muddy sometimes. I think I prefer the MBK-2 for distorted tones - seems to have a bit more clarity.

I did some sound clips a while back comparing the DL-1 w/ MBK-3 and MB-1 w/ MBK-2, and I recall everyone preferred the MB-1 for distorted tones, and the DL-1 for clean tones

Random cool gear I've worked on lately

A 1962 Vox Invader. Lots and lots of onboard effects. Distortion (gain control), treble/bass boost (EQ control), tremolo (speed control), tuner (just a light pitch when on), and a wah (the lever behind the bridge, that controls the sweep). Very very cool guitar.

BC721CBB-AC35-431E-8975-386BBB5B291E-15007-00000B470E699BAE.jpg

Chapman stick

6FF38926-D7C0-4F50-94CA-89CEBBD745BD-15007-00000B471C9B5CD7.jpg

Rad shure mic

1E5E6BFC-0DE2-4905-9556-5C449E1283B0-15007-00000B4764250C73.jpg

Fernandes I think?

F5801714-AB31-4CD8-81BD-A9D6D1A64035-15007-00000B477471187E.jpg

Just a quick question, anyone selling a pedalboard? I was looking at the diago showman?

I'd sell you my old one, but assuming you're in the UK, it might not be worth it because of shipping costs :(

And those look cool Alex - what did you do to the mic?

Just a quick question, anyone selling a pedalboard? I was looking at the diago showman?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but it was I'm selling mine, Warwick Pedalboard, I think it's one of the bigger ones at 30" wide (same width as my Marshall 2x12). Pedals can be powered from it

100_0972-1.jpg

Was £160 brand new and only had home use, I'd be happy for £120 including uk postage

:)

Damn shipping costs :( How much would you have wanted to sell it for anyway?

I can't even remember what I bought it for - I'd probably sell for about $75, but shipping would cost 3x that :eek:

I really wish we had a cheaper courier in the US. I know there are guys in the UK like parcel2go, interparcel, etc who get better prices than dealing directly with fedex and those guys. I think MFC sent me that londaxe for under £100 insured

Yet it still got here with the neck all wobbly...pretty sure it's because MFC got a bit carried away though :ninja: that packaging job was a masterpiece, wish I framed it.

I can't even remember what I bought it for - I'd probably sell for about $75, but shipping would cost 3x that :eek:

I really wish we had a cheaper courier in the US. I know there are guys in the UK like parcel2go, interparcel, etc who get better prices than dealing directly with fedex and those guys. I think MFC sent me that londaxe for under £100 insured

Yet it still got here with the neck all wobbly...pretty sure it's because MFC got a bit carried away though :ninja: that packaging job was a masterpiece, wish I framed it.

Real shame, I would of snapped it up at that price if there wasn't all the shipping costs :( ...How about a carrier pigeon :D

Real shame, I would of snapped it up at that price if there wasn't all the shipping costs :( ...How about a carrier pigeon :D

Haha I can look into mailing it USPS if you want. I've had two guitars sent from japan using USPS, and I recall it was pretty inexpensive

Only thing is they've been a bit iffy recently...something I sent Phill went missing completely (in thailand :wtf: ) and another pedal I sent out still hasn't been delivered after nearly a month

Sent two other things at the same time which turned up after a week and a half though

:awesome:

I dont think the neck was wobbly when I had it :confused:

I wonder if you could book a courier direct like those companies do...

just said goodbye to this...

704242_10151309792415944_229771866_o.jpg

I hope the new owner enjoys it, and realizes that the paper towels in the case were used to soak up my tears :supersad: That and because I ran out of packing material

BUT the replacement just arrived. Actually seems alright straight out of the box, but it's certainly not been plek'd or anything.... yet

And MFC, it probably wasn't. I think the issue was partially because of the design though (the neck joint just has screws and washers instead of proper ferrules)