james90

good luck fixing a lens!

I don't know if it's actually the lens, it just seems to be stuck or something... sometimes it works, sometimes it makes a loud clicking noise

James, stop buying guitars and buy a decent floor.

I could tear that carpet up, but there's tile under there :facepalm:

I love that swirled aluminium so much! :$

Are you going for the swirled chrome pickups on your custom?

I will never forget the brief time we spent together before you left the British isles, ma balise brille d'argent swirly du désir :supersad:

*sheds a tear* :supersad:

You know if you've spent money on a DSLR it might be a waste without some rudimentary training. - not aimed at James but everyone who seems to have a nice camera but can't out-do an Iphone.

Maybe i'll get my girlfriend to write a post on how to photograph gear properly but STEP ONE GET A NICE FLOOR

You know if you've spent money on a DSLR it might be a waste without some rudimentary training. - not aimed at James but everyone who seems to have a nice camera but can't out-do an Iphone.

Exactly. Shooting a DSLR on full auto gets you no further than a compact really. Search the web for noob guides and buy at least one book for beginners. And a lot of practice and experimenting is crucial for learning.

These are very good:

http://www.amazon.com/Scott-Kelbys-Digital-Photography-Volumes/dp/0321678737/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326792751&sr=1-1

Edited by opie

Guest Batman.

Maybe i'll get my girlfriend to write a post on how to photograph gear properly but STEP ONE GET A NICE FLOOR

Oh god the amount of fucking hipster kids I know that get really expensive cameras off their parents, and then just use it to take blurry photos by holding the camera in one hand, pulling a nonchalant pose, and adding a sepia effect. And then they have the nerve to add 'Photography' to their work. You're not a photographer, you're a dirty talentless little hipster who hasn't even finished their GCSE's yet.

/useshisdamagedphonecamera

If your going to buy a book like that, its a good idea to get the book about the camera you have, not a "dslr" book. Some camera's are much much better at low light, also much better iso performance and so on, the only thing i was say do, no matter what camera you buy i would always be a external flash!

If your going to buy a book like that, its a good idea to get the book about the camera you have, not a "dslr" book. Some camera's are much much better at low light, also much better iso performance and so on, the only thing i was say do, no matter what camera you buy i would always be a external flash!

That´s a good idea if you can find a beginners book on your specific camera. A camera specific book walking you through menues and buttons on the camera will get you nowhere closer to better photos. Learning the basics on the effects of different apertures, shutter speeds, focal lengths and so on is generic for all DSLRs no matter who made them.

That´s a good idea if you can find a beginners book on your specific camera. A camera specific book walking you through menues and buttons on the camera will get you nowhere closer to better photos. Learning the basics on the effects of different apertures, shutter speeds, focal lengths and so on is generic for all DSLRs no matter who made them.

I just found that a all round book wasnt right for my camera. I know what you mean about the f stops and so on though, its good to have a understanding on how they work and not just click the green button.