GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

CE7 OWNERS, ATTENTION. I'm thinking that I may in the near future purchase one.

Those of you that own one, can you tell me how close the colour is to Matt's? A lot of the photo's I've seen make them look a bit orange. Can I just call them up and buy one?

CE7 OWNERS, ATTENTION. I'm thinking that I may in the near future purchase one.

Those of you that own one, can you tell me how close the colour is to Matt's? A lot of the photo's I've seen make them look a bit orange. Can I just call them up and buy one?

Orange? If anything, the production models (the prototype looks a bit different) could use a bit more orange. They're pretty red. It's close I guess, but not exact. I can get some hi res of mine tomorrow if you want.

And yeah, if they have them in stock. No idea how many are in one batch though, or how many batches they've done so far. For example, the black E-62s are out of stock from what I've heard, and will be for several months... so I imagine they don't build them THAT fast, even though they come from the czech factory

Yes James, pics would be ace. Maybe next to something Triumph TR4 red for colour reference?

Just not sure it's dark red like Matts.

Is the piezo option worth the £400 upcharge??

The red MB-1 is supposedly triumph red.... but it's covered in glitter. Will that do?

The CE-7 isn't quite as dark as the original, but definitely darker than the prototype. It also has more black on the edges than the prototype. I'd say it's more that it's a really bold red.

As for the piezo, mine doesn't have one. Maybe ask crazybobbles. In general though, it's a nice thing to have (especially for those filthy overdriven tones blended with the neck pickup) but I don't know how it would sound with a 7 string

They also have an option for a neck MBK-1 single coil from what I remember.

Yeah, though the base color on the prototype was a bit more orange than this. This has a little more black on the edges as well.

Here are a few pictures I got of the prototype. You can see that there's practically no black on the edges. I don't think it was this bright orange though

8900562943_5d78059bbb_z.jpg

Manson E-62 by crystallettuce, on Flickr

8897152547_0578171e02_z.jpg

Manson 7-string E guitars by crystallettuce, on Flickr

Haha thanks

If it wasn't so risky and the guitar wasn't irreplaceable, I'd bring chrome MoC over for a family picture with yours and Kev's

It has to be done though...we could even photograph them in front of that stone wall near Mansons where that picture of the laser, delorean, and 007 was taken many years ago

Oh and Jaicen, here's another picture of the prototype. I think in real life it was most like the first picture I posted above. Further away from the real thing than the production model anyway

552602_10152118192432619_1765647875_n.jpg

Yeah man, that first pic is closest to my memory of it. My wife was very taken with the black CE6, she REALLY didn't like the red, and I must say looking at that it is pretty nasty looking. However, if it comes in the correct dark red I'm all over it.

Anybody want a kidney? I have a spare.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah thanks for pointing that out :) I'll have to keep an eye on that. I'm about a grand short at the moment so I might have to consider part exchanging my MA-2

Archived