GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

Right if you have the fulltone octave, I would be even less inclined to get a blender. You can get a similar sound by feeding a splatty fuzz into the fulltone, though there's a but of EQ in the fender blender that gives it a nasal tone. That's from memory , could be mistaken.

Suffice to say, it's a one trick pony. Decide if you like that trick before spending money.

narrowed my GAS list down to just two things... :ninja:

johnny marr signature fender jaguar

photo1.jpg

matt bellamy signature gibson les paul

large_54.jpg

sucks that i couldn't afford an mb-1s after being offered one, hopefully i'll be offered one on the next run.

Can this be a thing? Because I really want this :p

picture is titled dream bass #1

Where are the rest?

narrowed my GAS list down to just two things... :ninja:

johnny marr signature fender jaguar

photo1.jpg

matt bellamy signature gibson les paul

large_54.jpg

sucks that i couldn't afford an mb-1s after being offered one, hopefully i'll be offered one on the next run.

JimbobElliottToneMeister had one of those jaguars for about a week from what I remember. I think he must have traded it for that dodgy jazzmaster copy of his.

And what happened to that custom build idea of yours?

JimbobElliottToneMeister had one of those jaguars for about a week from what I remember. I think he must have traded it for that dodgy jazzmaster copy of his.

And what happened to that custom build idea of yours?

oh dear :supersad: this jag seems like the perfect jag, i'd never sell it

i'm definitely gonna go for that custom at some point, properly after (if ever) i get an mb-1s. it'll most likely be a substitute if i can't get an mb-1s the next run.

Before Alice in chain gig on saturday, I spent the day annoying the stores of denmark street obviously with the intent of purchasing all the products I tried :ninja:

One of the shops now has this awesome 'pedal room' :facemelt: with the entire dunlop range on the wall in like this huge switching setup, me want it.

I've been wanting to buy my first Wah pedal so I was mainly trying the wah's out, I tried the EVH, Slash, Dimebag and the classic wah but Jerry Cantrell Wah just stood out the most for me, plus the beaten up bronze look is pretty facemeltable... So when payday comes this month might have to 'invest' in one :awesome: Im still tempted by an ibanez Wh10 *Fruciante mode activate* but heard so many bad things about the reissues, people seem to really reccomend the willson ten spot (wh10 copy) but it's damn pricey :$

243334.jpg

Before Alice in chain gig on saturday, I spent the day annoying the stores of denmark street obviously with the intent of purchasing all the products I tried :ninja:

One of the shops now has this awesome 'pedal room' :facemelt: with the entire dunlop range on the wall in like this huge switching setup, me want it.

I've been wanting to buy my first Wah pedal so I was mainly trying the wah's out, I tried the EVH, Slash, Dimebag and the classic wah but Jerry Cantrell Wah just stood out the most for me, plus the beaten up bronze look is pretty facemeltable... So when payday comes this month might have to 'invest' in one :awesome: Im still tempted by an ibanez Wh10 *Fruciante mode activate* but heard so many bad things about the reissues, people seem to really reccomend the willson ten spot (wh10 copy) but it's damn pricey :$

243334.jpg

Mate, Wah's are such a personal thing I would never go on someone else's recommendation. For me, I need one with a nice loooong sweep, so Dunlops are out. The Vox has the sweep I need, but the peakiness doesn't work for my setup. I think they're only good for very dark amps. That's before you even get into things like the treadle height and motion. I like my treadles to be flat and low, which rules out most of the current dedicated wah. Currently i'm using a WhammyWah XP whatever, which is a bit meh, but there's one program on there that 'works' for me, and the treadle is low and smooth so that's what I use.

Was this the shop with the basement full of pointy guitars and mesa amps? I recall they had a full pedalboard of MXR/dunlop gear, but it was for bass.

The stuff in that shop wasn't really my style (except for that cheap guitar with the weird finish), but the staff seemed nice.

aghghgh there's a WH10 copy? how does it compare to the original? I imagine it's better than the reissue anyway

I highly recommend the dunlop CAE wah. Pretty versatile and plenty of vowels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz3gknlGcFQ

Mate, Wah's are such a personal thing I would never go on someone else's recommendation. For me, I need one with a nice loooong sweep, so Dunlops are out. The Vox has the sweep I need, but the peakiness doesn't work for my setup. I think they're only good for very dark amps. That's before you even get into things like the treadle height and motion. I like my treadles to be flat and low, which rules out most of the current dedicated wah. Currently i'm using a WhammyWah XP whatever, which is a bit meh, but there's one program on there that 'works' for me, and the treadle is low and smooth so that's what I use.

Yeh this was to be honest my first ever 'proper' try out on different wahs, I've only ever mucked around with my friends standard dunlop one which doesn't feel 'right' for me. Proper enjoyed testing them out but for me the cantrell wah seemed to just click straight away with me, I really didn't get on with the Kirk hammet and EVH wah, I just couldn't get on with them :LOL: Yeh im not too fussed whether the wah treadle is flat or not, however I don't like using wah's when were angled on a pedalboard (puts me of pedaltrains so the kitchen cuboard door pedalboard will do :awesome:)

Was this the shop with the basement full of pointy guitars and mesa amps? I recall they had a full pedalboard of MXR/dunlop gear, but it was for bass.

The stuff in that shop wasn't really my style (except for that cheap guitar with the weird finish), but the staff seemed nice.

Yeah thats the one! and I agree 100% the guitars were all boring, I'd love to have tried some of the big mesa amps they had though but only played through a mini rectifier in the pedal room :awesome: and funnily enough thats been the only time I've been there when I could actually try some guitars without being sent away!, the dude this time was really chilled and left us to try out all the pedals for as long as we wanted :awesome: Last year I wanted to try just a cheap schecter 7 string and was given grief for not having the intent to purchase it so I was 'wasting' his time, It's fair enough if he constantly has teenagers coming into his store just playing the instruments but you walk into Wunjo guitars accros the road and they'll let you play anything through any amp, speaking of which got to play the steve lukether sig music man which was :facemelt:

aghghgh there's a WH10 copy? how does it compare to the original? I imagine it's better than the reissue anyway

There sure is :facemelt: Apparently its more or less a complete replica of the original circuit in the wh10? (Not too sure though thats just what I've read in the comments of yt reviews) They seem to be really hyped up and apparently blow the reissue out the water plus its true bypass :awesome: which is great because apparently the bypass on the reissues are terrible. Well you know it's going to be good if Klinghoffer's uses one :facemelt:

http://www.wilsoneffects.com/TenSpotIIFunkFactory.html

Edit: Damn I didn't realise I wrote that much...

I've got a Dunlop Hendrix fuzz/wah and a Rosac Nu-Wa/Fuzz from the sixties. I love 'em both but hardly ever use the wah function.

I've generally found their stuff with Hendrix's name on it to be pretty disappointing. Apparently the JH-1 wah is nearly identical to the GCB-95.

Just had a listen to the CAE and man that thing sounds good. Really like the yellow setting, though I think you could probably get a similar range just changing out the caps and resistors. Just can't get on with Dunlop treadles though.

Yeah I always have mine on the yellow setting. What specifically don't you like about the dunlop treadles though? I can't say I prefer this over any other one out there...except for morleys which feel more like a whammy pedal for example (insert comment about jabnit here)

Yeh this was to be honest my first ever 'proper' try out on different wahs, I've only ever mucked around with my friends standard dunlop one which doesn't feel 'right' for me. Proper enjoyed testing them out but for me the cantrell wah seemed to just click straight away with me, I really didn't get on with the Kirk hammet and EVH wah, I just couldn't get on with them :LOL: Yeh im not too fussed whether the wah treadle is flat or not, however I don't like using wah's when were angled on a pedalboard (puts me of pedaltrains so the kitchen cuboard door pedalboard will do :awesome:)

Yeah thats the one! and I agree 100% the guitars were all boring, I'd love to have tried some of the big mesa amps they had though but only played through a mini rectifier in the pedal room :awesome: and funnily enough thats been the only time I've been there when I could actually try some guitars without being sent away!, the dude this time was really chilled and left us to try out all the pedals for as long as we wanted :awesome: Last year I wanted to try just a cheap schecter 7 string and was given grief for not having the intent to purchase it so I was 'wasting' his time, It's fair enough if he constantly has teenagers coming into his store just playing the instruments but you walk into Wunjo guitars accros the road and they'll let you play anything through any amp, speaking of which got to play the steve lukether sig music man which was :facemelt:

There sure is :facemelt: Apparently its more or less a complete replica of the original circuit in the wh10? (Not too sure though thats just what I've read in the comments of yt reviews) They seem to be really hyped up and apparently blow the reissue out the water plus its true bypass :awesome: which is great because apparently the bypass on the reissues are terrible. Well you know it's going to be good if Klinghoffer's uses one :facemelt:

http://www.wilsoneffects.com/TenSpotIIFunkFactory.html

Edit: Damn I didn't realise I wrote that much...

Yeah I tried the EVH wah, but couldn't get along with it for some reason. It sounded too dark (?) not sure how to describe it.

Haha really? Maybe it was just because it was a slow day when I went - just the three of us were there as far as I can remember, but they seemed pretty friendly and let us crank up the mesa stack. I need to find out what that cheap guitar was though... you didn't see any guitar that stood out from the other ones did you? It had a really weird but cool finish.

And yeah, Wunjo was probably my favorite shop. They have a good inventory, and the customer service was great. Didn't feel pressured or anything when trying out the guitar, but I ended up buying it anyway. Got some free strings and a guitar strap too. They also had this strange guitar which must have been made by a small luthier. sort of a weird shape, and I think the body was walnut with a satin finish. Had a few switches and a floyd rose... I wonder if that's still there...

I'll have to check that out! I heard something about the switching on the reissues being pretty bad. But then I think it was Jim who said that :ninja:

I've generally found their stuff with Hendrix's name on it to be pretty disappointing. Apparently the JH-1 wah is nearly identical to the GCB-95.

Yeah I always have mine on the yellow setting. What specifically don't you like about the dunlop treadles though? I can't say I prefer this over any other one out there...except for morleys which feel more like a whammy pedal for example (insert comment about jabnit here)

Jabnit? Blast from the past!

RE: the Dunlops, I don't know exactly what it is, but they seem clunky. They're really high and the sweep is so shallow I feel like it's not very expressive.

Archived