GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

Get one and cover some El Ten Eleven songs.

Slightly odd coincidence: supported these guys a few weeks back. Really very cool stuff indeed and can't believe the sounds they make live! Even helped out their guitar/bass player out with a power supply when he was having a few whammy issues during soundcheck.

Slightly odd coincidence: supported these guys a few weeks back. Really very cool stuff indeed and can't believe the sounds they make live! Even helped out their guitar/bass player out with a power supply when he was having a few whammy issues during soundcheck.

Seeing them live in a few weeks. Their tracks are really fun.

They don't seem to be too expensive but they're fairly rare :(

Yeah, surprisingly great basses. :D

A bass I missed out on getting but I still gas for is... a Peavey T-40. It's like having a small car strapped over your shoulder but it's just a wall of solid sound. I used it to record once and my guitarist turned around at the end asking why it sounded so good to see me holding the T-40 instead of the 70's P Bass in the studio. :LOL:

peaveyt4001110429med.jpg

They're pretty much all that colour. :LOL:

I remember playing a T60 that came into my local shop once, sounded good but my God was that thing heavy. Probably more so than any '80s Les Paul I've ever played.

Right there is the biggest issue. I have a Musicman clone 5'er that weighs a lot but nowhere near as much as the T-40 which really says something. I can imagine the T-60 would be ridiculous for a guitar. I just can't believe it would be the wood alone making the weight. The bass has a bridge that can probably double as an anchor. :LOL:

I will most likely pick up a T-40 as my next bass because I love it but I can't see it being toured/gigged purely because of the weight of it. Also, they are a bitch to find in reasonable condition. The one I used had broken pickup covers and the knobs were scuffed/dented. It looked like it had been dragged down the road and back.

Also, every single one I've seen in Australia (incl. the one I played) has been that natural finish which just looks a bit ordinary. :(

As Dave also pointed out with the ATK300, Ibanez produced some pretty awesome sounding basses which sound much better than their looks suggest. They did produce some awful ones too but in the bass world, I do kind of wish they get a better look in than they do.

Yeah, surprisingly great basses. :D

A bass I missed out on getting but I still gas for is... a Peavey T-40. It's like having a small car strapped over your shoulder but it's just a wall of solid sound. I used it to record once and my guitarist turned around at the end asking why it sounded so good to see me holding the T-40 instead of the 70's P Bass in the studio. :LOL:

peaveyt4001110429med.jpg

They're pretty much all that colour. :LOL:

Theres an odd one or two knocking around on ebay here. I'm kinda interested but the weight is a downside (I'm a big guy but I like to move about when playing).

As Dave also pointed out with the ATK300, Ibanez produced some pretty awesome sounding basses which sound much better than their looks suggest. They did produce some awful ones too but in the bass world, I do kind of wish they get a better look in than they do.

I actually really like the look for at ATKs. They look heavy duty but with a sunburst finish they still have a bit of style to them.

I'm trying to find a sunburst ATK300 but if I can't I'll try and get a ATK800.

What I want to do with one at some stage is replace the bridge with one made of brass, particularly the walnut-looking ATK800 (And probably a black pickgaurd to replace the rosewood) or the sunburst finish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived