Muse Wedding First Dance Song?

crouchy221

I'm planning on using Blackout for my funeral. So no, I don't think it is suitable for a wedding.:D

Same actually :LOL:

It's not exactly a song for a happy occasion.

Me too, actually. Great minds? :LOL:

If it was just the instrumental, maybe.

• 2 months later...

Really like this topic as got a similar dilemma as will be me next year. I have thought about this for years and I guess I agree with the person who said Feeling Good. Lyrics very positive (how the day will feel). Yes it is a cover but i guess everyone in the room will connect with the lyrics and even the Grans will remember the Nina Simone original !!!! :)

Besides plenty of songs during the evening to embrace some proper hard hitting Muse songs. Knights of Cydonia a great finale IMHO

Always thought the Exogenesis Symphomy would be great background music before entering venue/reception/ceremony etc

Anyway only my thoughts, it's all personable i guess

I can't understand how one would like to have Muse song at his/her wedding. Choosing the first dance song from only Muse songs, not for the big group of songs which would fit the wedding is strange even if the couple love Muse to death. Wedding is for me something more important.

But all in all I'd choose Blackout.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post but I think a waltz to Blackout would be amazing. The lyrics aren't perfect but the music is. It's the best for a dance. Neutron star doesn't make sense as it speeds up too much for a slow dance. You've got to look from a dance point of view.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Hardly ever come on here but have been a Muse fan since 'Showbiz' (not before that like some of the cool kids, those cool kids being in their 30's now definitely, like myself)...

.... anyway, getting to the point, both me and my (soon to be official) other half, are big Muse fans, going to various gigs together yada yada yada, and would really love to have a Muse song as our first dance but aside from narrowing it down, we're yet to hit the nail on the head.

We're both after something lyrically nice for the occasion, I think it should be something not too over the top tempo wise but not too slow paced either, she doesn't really mind. (That's what she said :LOL: )

And so between us she came up with 'Neutron Star Collision' ;):rolleyes: and I came up with 'Invincible'. I also like 'Aftermath' on the new album but think it might be a bit slow.

So, if it were up to you, what song from the Muse catalogue would you have for a first dance?

Sincere or obscure as you like, I need a good laugh too! 'Execution Commentary' anyone? :D

I was going to come in & say 'Execution Commentary' before I read your last line :p

In all honesty, there aren't many Muse songs I can think of that would be suitable. From a purely musical perspective I'd say Blackout (waltz, so it's a 'proper' dance) but the mood & lyrics wouldn't really befit a first dance. Especially as I've recently said in another thread that Blackout would be the song I'd want played at my funeral :LOL:

I'd go for a song that means something to both of you & isn't too over-the-top. If it were me, possibly Bliss - love the song, the lyrics & mood fit, not sure how easy it'd be to dance to but that'd be the case for almost all Muse tracks I like...

Archived