Muse Wedding First Dance Song?

crouchy221

The new Muse album came in the nick of time - Wasn't sure that the lyrics for Blackout weren't really appropriate. I've just edited down a 3:20 version of Aftermath. Comes in for the last 4 bars of intro guitar, then skips the 2nd verse, chorus and solo. I transissioned by the cymbol pre-2nd verse, with the cymbol pre-3rd verse and it sounds fine.

Should hopefully be using it on 8th August.

The new Muse album came in the nick of time - Wasn't sure that the lyrics for Blackout weren't really appropriate. I've just edited down a 3:20 version of Aftermath. Comes in for the last 4 bars of intro guitar, then skips the 2nd verse, chorus and solo. I transissioned by the cymbol pre-2nd verse, with the cymbol pre-3rd verse and it sounds fine.

Should hopefully be using it on 8th August.

I was of the same thinking with 'Aftermath' but my other half isn't digging it. I'm starting to think it'll end up being 'Invincible' as not sure NSC covers the criteria, plus I find it a bit cringey for a Muse song.

Thanks to whoever merged the threads, due a trip to specsavers I guess! :LOL:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
My wedding with rehearsed Aftermath foxtrot is this Saturday. Will hopefully get a video recorded!

Congratulations, I hope it went well!

A little update, that after a few months of listening to the new album, my wife to be has come round and decided 'Aftermath' is perfect.... women! :LOL:

So will be editing it down this weekend, ready for late October.

In even better news, managed to book tickets for the Vienna show of the World Tour next year, which fits in nicely considering we were planning to go there on honeymoon anyway! :D

Hey fellow musers,

I am getting married next year and my other half has agreed to let me suggest a song for us to enter the venue. He knows that it HAS to be a Muse one, I won't have it any other way :)

- I am playing the bride card on this one!-

Since I have to compile a list for him to decide, I need your help here! If I were to listen to myself, our wedding would probably turn into a " let's listen respectfully to muse, starting from Showbiz".

I love Megalomania but had to rule that one out for obvious reasons... Fury isn't a great choice either... It has to be happy ( obviously!) but not head banging as my granny will not enjoy that at all :)

Thanks for the help!!!

I wouldn't worry about oldies. You'll play loads of inoffensive mellow pop stuff for their sakes, but most of them really don't give a shit about music. And then when you crack on with the metal/rock section for yourself and any rock fan guests, then the oldies get in the spirit and start moshing :awesome: It's your day, play YOUR music! Nobody will care, they'll just be happy to see you having fun.

OH I SEE you want a 'walking in' song, okay. Ummm how about an instrumental one?

• 4 months later...
I've always wanted Ruled by Secrecy for my first dance song... It has a gothic ball room dance vibe about it...

The music accompaniment for the the first dance of the newlyweds is very important thing..:)

I have found great melodies feom http://www.melodyloops.com/music-for/wedding/ for my ceremony and for the first dance. But there are only classical music.Can you advice me some resource with the alternative ones??

• 1 month later...

Archived