Kanrocksas Festival - 6/8/2011

jackparker

Catherine is on the barrier again!:LOL::LOL:

How does she do it? Without wishing to be rude, she is one of the older Muse fans and has never failed to make the run to the barrier!

pure Aussie bloody-mindedness innit :yesey:

Very, very true :LOL:

Nahh, truth be told, it's not overly hard to get barrier. I've managed to get barrier even halfway through a show, and that was after working my way from the back of the crowd!

...Maybe it is just awesome Aussie skill :D

They put on a great show last night! I honestly didn't mind that it was so short because it was soooo freakin' hot, I don't know if I could have taken much more. I was so happy I got to see CE though :D

They did a lot of riffs too, it seemed that aren't listed on the setlist. At one point, Matt tried to riff something I didn't recognize a couple of times, failed, and finally started laughing at himself, gave up, and moved on to Starlight saying something like "This one is always a crowd favorite."

I think Dom asked at one point if we'd seen Primus yesterday. There was a tweet last night about them possibly doing a short cover of Primus' "Jerry was a Race Car Driver." I have to admit, I'm not familiar with Primus or anything, but now that I listened to it, it definitely sounded like what they did a short bit of last night.

Overall, they all seemed like they were in a great mood. Dom wore tiny tiny neon yellow shorts that were hilarious. Matt was throwing his guitar around. They sounded great and Matt chased Dom offstage play-kicking him in the behind. Good energy and good short set! I'm happy :)

setlist on memory:

uprising

map of the problematique

supermassive black hole

hysteria

citizen erased

nishe

united states of eurasia

helsinki jam

undisclosed desires

resistance

time is running out

(house of the rising sun)

starlight

stockholm syndrome

encore:

plug in baby

knights of cydonia (chris did his harmonica shit too)

they also had the back in black riff, star spangled banner, and a little, little, little bit of jimmy was a race car driver

overall a very solid gig

Thanks for your report. Glad you enjoyed it.:) The guys do seem to be very happy at present.:happy:

Well, I know Matt was quite depressed leading up to Lolla. And right after. He wouldn't even come out of his trailer and eat dinner with Dom, Chris, Morgan, and Tom after the show! Not sure why he had a sudden change of heart, but I probably would've been able to meet the band if Matt had been in a better mood or if things hadn't been so hectic. But at least I was within an arm's length of Chris :awesome:

setlist on memory:

uprising

map of the problematique

supermassive black hole

hysteria

citizen erased

nishe

united states of eurasia

helsinki jam

undisclosed desires

resistance

time is running out

(house of the rising sun)

starlight

stockholm syndrome

encore:

plug in baby

knights of cydonia (chris did his harmonica shit too)

they also had the back in black riff, star spangled banner, and a little, little, little bit of jimmy was a race car driver

overall a very solid gig

It was basically Lolla without B&H, then. Well, I feel really lucky :p

Well, I know Matt was quite depressed leading up to Lolla. And right after. He wouldn't even come out of his trailer and eat dinner with Dom, Chris, Morgan, and Tom after the show! Not sure why he had a sudden change of heart, but I probably would've been able to meet the band if Matt had been in a better mood or if things hadn't been so hectic. But at least I was within an arm's length of Chris :awesome:

Well I'm just going by how he and the others have been described to be on stage and that Matt is tweeting again which is nice.

I tried looking for the attempt at the riff of "Jerry Was A Race Car Driver"- Primus before Starlight at Kanrocksas on youtube. There's barely any video in general.

I'd say given any videos of kanrocksas a good 3 days to surface on youtube, a lot of people had to drive a long ways (like me) and are totally exhausted.

Why was Matt so depressed?

How the hell do you 'know' Matt was 'depressed'?! Did he have a little heart-to-heart with you?

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Way to start rumours and speculation (as Jack has demonstrated) :rolleyes:

Why was Matt so depressed?

How the hell do you 'know' Matt was 'depressed'?! Did he have a little heart-to-heart with you?

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Way to start rumours and speculation (as Jack has demonstrated) :rolleyes:

Because I was with their tour manager (who talked to Matt) and Matt wouldn't come out of his trailer after Lolla and eat with the other guys... I wasn't allowed to know why he was upset but my friend was allowed to know (because her uncle is the manager).

I wouldn't make something stupid up if I didn't hear about it personally. :rolleyes:

Archived