Kanrocksas Festival - 6/8/2011

jackparker

what.... the... fuck...

I agree with Sprock, Chicago is way nicer than KC. For one, it'll be a lot cooler, which makes a huge difference at a fest. And let's just consider the fest venues... Lolla is in a lovely large park, which has nice shaded areas, a lovely water fountain, and more. Kanrocksas will be on a racetrack... flat, hot, and with bleachers basically. :LOL: I'm just saying, I've been to a lot of fests. Lolla has been around a long time for a reason and has a lot of nice features. A smaller fest like Kanrocksas will have lots of things go wrong (always happens at first few acts) and will have MUCH fewer acts spread over less stages over those 2 days, even if they are a lot of similar acts to Lolla. Just trying to help people get their facts straight before they make an uninformed decision, especially those who've never been to a fest and look at the Kansas lineup and go WOW without really knowing any better. ;)

I agree with Sprock, Chicago is way nicer than KC. For one, it'll be a lot cooler, which makes a huge difference at a fest. And let's just consider the fest venues... Lolla is in a lovely large park, which has nice shaded areas, a lovely water fountain, and more. Kanrocksas will be on a racetrack... flat, hot, and with bleachers basically. :LOL: I'm just saying, I've been to a lot of fests. Lolla has been around a long time for a reason and has a lot of nice features. A smaller fest like Kanrocksas will have lots of things go wrong (always happens at first few acts) and will have MUCH fewer acts spread over less stages over those 2 days, even if they are a lot of similar acts to Lolla. Just trying to help people get their facts straight before they make an uninformed decision, especially those who've never been to a fest and look at the Kansas lineup and go WOW without really knowing any better. ;)

August 4th I turn 18 and I plan on driving to KC from Denver (like 11 hours). If all goes to plan this will be my first festival, but even if everything goes wrong... in the end I get to see Muse. That's just my way of seeing it. :p

August 4th I turn 18 and I plan on driving to KC from Denver (like 11 hours). If all goes to plan this will be my first festival, but even if everything goes wrong... in the end I get to see Muse. That's just my way of seeing it. :p

Yep, and I'm sure you'll have an awesome time! Just make sure you have all your necessary equipment :p

There's gonna be another Pointfest in August, so that actually seems likely. But I really don't want them to play it, since they'll only get to do like 8 songs there, and they'll use that as an excuse not to come back to St. Louis in a long time.

Anywho, kinda sucks for me because KC is a hell of a lot closer to me than Chicago, but I'd rather go to Lolla anyway so oh well.

There's gonna be another one? :eek: Wow, I am a bad Pointfest fan :LOL:

Them playing it would be, meh, on one hand, I'd get to see Muse live, but on the other, short setlists... I am in the same situation as you KC is closer, but I already have everything planed for Lolla. Oh well.

Are these organizers intentionally shooting themselves in the foot by scheduling this the same damn weekend as Lolla? I swear something like this happened 4 or 5 years ago with a new festival on the east coast and it did indeed go belly up before even happening.

This festival is even closer in location to Lolla, and is nothing more than a watered-down Lolla line-up anyway. If this thing actually takes place, I will be shocked.

Are these organizers intentionally shooting themselves in the foot by scheduling this the same damn weekend as Lolla? I swear something like this happened 4 or 5 years ago with a new festival on the east coast and it did indeed go belly up before even happening.

This festival is even closer in location to Lolla, and is nothing more than a watered-down Lolla line-up anyway. If this thing actually takes place, I will be shocked.

if you are talking about All Points West, it didn't go belly up beforehand but I believe didn't happen the next year..

why wouldn't it take place? They have already got their lineup and money from promoters, people attending. Not so sure it will sell out but it certainly is going to happen.

if you are talking about All Points West, it didn't go belly up beforehand but I believe didn't happen the next year..

why wouldn't it take place? They have already got their lineup and money from promoters, people attending. Not so sure it will sell out but it certainly is going to happen.

It makes me want to go to this one instead of Lolla because there wouldn't be as many people. Will it be as epic as Lolla? Prolly not, but it's got Muse, so it can't be bad. ;)

Nope it was supposed to be Vineland Music Festival in New Jersey. I think they actually cited All Points West as the reason for being axed, but being on the same weekend as another major national music fest was also not the best of plans.

Kanrocksas may have something that resembles a line-up, and promoters, but there's nothing to suggest they have tremendous sales yet. And it seems like anyone even thinking about going to this would also be taking Lolla into consideration. Especially just from this thread alone. And if they go too long without sales, it probably won't end up happening.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to KRock with my boyfriend who is a huge APC fan! Having Muse and APC on the same day is the colliding of two very wonderful worlds for us :)

We thought about Lolla for a while but it was so expensive since we planned on traveling from TX. KRock ended up being cheaper. Never been to Kansas City but really looking forward to it!

Yeah, if I can't find anyone to ride with me I won't be going. No way I could leave Chicago at 10 PM and drive all night, then stand in the hot sun all day, then drive back all night and stand in the hot sun all day again. :LOL: I love Muse but I'm not going to kill myself to see them- especially since I'm lucky enough to be seeing them 3 times this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my boyfriend and I are thinking about attending this show. We just need to find carpool to and from Lolla (since we'll also be attending Friday night for Muse at Lolla). If anyone has any spots available, we'd be interested. We can help pay for gas and we wouldn't be bad company, I promise! Thanks! :happy:

Archived