Kanrocksas Festival - 6/8/2011

jackparker

For everyone upset about already having paid more for Lolla for many of the same artists, think of it this way - A) Lolla is 3 days and this Kansas fest is just 2 days. B) Everyone is already meeting up for Lolla and the meet-ups are much of the fun. C) Chicago sounds like a nicer city, though I haven't been to either so don't take my word on that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must make myself feel better about not going by starting a #NSCforKanrocksas sabotage campaign. :LOL:

$159 for both days + free camping and parking? Might have to ditch Lolla plans.

Lollapalooza is not that much more and you get 3 days. And a LOT more acts spread over those 3 days. In the long run, Kanrocksas might have a good top tier (which is the EXACT SAME ACTS LOLLA WILL HAVE), but they won't have nearly as much to offer. You'll see at midnight!

For everyone upset about already having paid more for Lolla for many of the same artists, think of it this way - A) Lolla is 3 days and this Kansas fest is just 2 days. B) Everyone is already meeting up for Lolla and the meet-ups are much of the fun. C) Chicago sounds like a nicer city, though I haven't been to either so don't take my word on that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must make myself feel better about not going by starting a #NSCforKanrocksas sabotage campaign. :LOL:

Plus the possibility of a Chris footie match!

Having been to both Kansas City (KS and MO) and Chicago, Chicago is definitely nicer. :LOL:

Plus the possibility of a Chris footie match!

Having been to both Kansas City (KS and MO) and Chicago, Chicago is definitely nicer. :LOL:

Lollapalooza has so much more going for it too. Grant Park >>>>> Racetrack. It's got all the nice shaded areas with hammocks and cool stuff around the massive park. And they're expanding the electronic stage again this year!

I would be a very happy muser if they did Pointfest. But they are not in this years lineup :( Ahh well, I should just be happy that I am seeing them at Lolla.

There's gonna be another Pointfest in August, so that actually seems likely. But I really don't want them to play it, since they'll only get to do like 8 songs there, and they'll use that as an excuse not to come back to St. Louis in a long time.

Anywho, kinda sucks for me because KC is a hell of a lot closer to me than Chicago, but I'd rather go to Lolla anyway so oh well.

Lollapalooza is not that much more and you get 3 days. And a LOT more acts spread over those 3 days. In the long run, Kanrocksas might have a good top tier (which is the EXACT SAME ACTS LOLLA WILL HAVE), but they won't have nearly as much to offer. You'll see at midnight!

Yeah, if money weren't an issue I'd pick Lolla in a heartbeat, but with Outside Lands and LA Rising also on the docket I'm trying to save where I can. It's the $120-$160 extra I'd have to spend on accommodations for Lolla that's nagging me.

Last week, I jokingly suggested this to my friend in Kansas City just because of the name

Today, I'm half considering going myself.

But seriously this whole ordeal made me laugh. I expected a shit line-up, in fact I expected more classic rock and stuff like that. This was out of nowhere.

I think I'm going to both. I hope the Saturday set at Lolla won't be anything interesting to miss.

The undercard is looking really good but I don't know how much you care about smaller bands. :happy: Hopefully you'll only miss Eminem as a headliner though.

The undercard is looking really good but I don't know how much you care about smaller bands. :happy: Hopefully you'll only miss Eminem as a headliner though.

Muse > every other band. hahah

It kinda sucks, I wanted to see Eminem if I had the chance but seeing Muse again kinda makes up for it ;)

Archived