Based on lining up for U2 shows where there are tons of crazy, er, dedicated fans I think getting there maybe 11 or 12 should get you in the front section, not rail, but the front section. Rail, you'd need to get there pretty damn early.

Remember, the floor of the Coliseum is pretty large, so that front section will hold a lot of people.

Based on lining up for U2 shows where there are tons of crazy, er, dedicated fans I think getting there maybe 11 or 12 should get you in the front section, not rail, but the front section. Rail, you'd need to get there pretty damn early.

Remember, the floor of the Coliseum is pretty large, so that front section will hold a lot of people.

I disagree, gates open for GA at 12 and there's 3 sections. My bet is to wait in line at least 3 hours.

Then again I haven't taken into account that people might get there later to see a specific band. Who knows, but better safe then sorry.

I disagree, gates open for GA at 12 and there's 3 sections. My bet is to wait in line at least 3 hours.

Then again I haven't taken into account that people might get there later to see a specific band. Who knows, but better safe then sorry.

What I've learned is hardcore fans on the internet comprise a tiny subsection of people going to a concert. If the front section can hold about a 3rd of the GA it's about 3K. Again, comparing to crazy U2 fans, with the exception of the Rose Bowl show which was an anomaly, getting to the venue when the gates opened got you in the pit easily with 3.5K. Given that gates open soooo early, I really think that unless you want a rail spot, you can get there at open for front section.

If you can get there earlier, by all means do so. But if you are stressing because you can't get there until noon, I wouldn't worry that much.

I personally don't see a purpose in rushing to a rail spot. I find all the action in the middle of the first section, which has more jumping/circle pits/stabbings in that area.

Flying from Philadelphia at 6am tomorrow, so excited!

E;9211163']I personally don't see a purpose in rushing to a rail spot. I find all the action in the middle of the first section, which has more jumping/circle pits/stabbings in that area.

Flying from Philadelphia at 6am tomorrow, so excited!

:LOL: True. But I like to watch the show that the band puts on. It's hard to watch when your running around in a circle, pushing each other.

:LOL: True. But I like to watch the show that the band puts on. It's hard to watch when your running around in a circle, pushing each other.

Here's how it works for me:

1. Find what looks to be the rowdiest area of the front section. Usually middle/left middle.
  2. Band get on stage, everyone goes nuts.
  3. First song starts, thrash around with everyone. Move if insufficient thrashing/jumping.
  4. Jump/thrash about.
  5. Glance up at band during solos/watch for Matt doing cool shit. Jump if required to see.
  6. Jump/thrash about.
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 until show is over.

Added bonus: mosh especially hard (to point of collapse) to the meaty deliciousness that is Stockholm Syndrome.

Here's how it works for me:

1. Find what looks to be the rowdiest area of the front section. Usually middle/left middle.
  2. Band get on stage, everyone goes nuts.
  3. First song starts, thrash around with everyone. Move if insufficient thrashing/jumping.
  4. Jump/thrash about.
  5. Glance up at band during solos/watch for Matt doing cool shit. Jump if required to see.
  6. Jump/thrash about.
  7. Repeat steps 3-5 until show is over.

I like the jumping, but I'm too uncoordinated to do all of that. It looks fun though, and I love the feel of the crowd when a good mosh pit is going, so keep up the craziness for us.

Added bonus: mosh especially hard (to point of collapse) to the meaty deliciousness that is Stockholm Syndrome.

:yesey:

And I can't believe I typed "your" instead of "you're" in my first post. :facepalm:

I like the jumping, but I'm too uncoordinated to do all of that. It looks fun though, and I love the feel of the crowd when a good mosh pit is going, so keep up the craziness for us.

There's just something about the raw energy of a crowd, the bass literally pumping through your veins (and every other part of your body), and looking up through the chaos of the pit to see Matt rocking out just as hard as you are. I'm pretty sure that just as he fuels the pit, the pit fuels him.

At least it used to. Here's hoping it does in LA.

There's just something about the raw energy of a crowd, the bass literally pumping through your veins (and every other part of your body), and looking up through the chaos of the pit to see Matt rocking out just as hard as you are. I'm pretty sure that just as he fuels the pit, the pit fuels him.

At least it used to. Here's hoping it does in LA.

I'm worried about your last statement. "Here's hoping it does in LA" I'd say it is 50/50 when it comes to these kind of shows in LA. Since Rage aren't the most commercially followed group around I hope we wont have to deal with the come late/ leave early LA fans.

I'm inclined to agree but I gotta ask- how many of us have actually encountered a Rage fan?

I'm a Rage fan and I get pretty lovey dovey when I'm drunk. :LOL:

I asked the LA Rising fan page if they could sell beer to the people up front as well, the way they do at venues in SF. :D

Hey, so we have room for one or two more people in our suite. It'll be around $31 per person. We already have 6 people. PM me if you're interested. :)

P.S. There are 2 beds, 1 couch, and 1 big chair with an ottoman. I guess it'll be first come first served as to whoever gets where. :LOL:

Hey Shelbi, when do you check into the suite? I suspected I wouldn't be able to get in until after the show, so I was going to pack accordingly (PJs, phone, wallet, and contact lens case in the tiniest backpack I can find, lol)

(Also, how are we all going to find each other in the massive crowd when we leave for the suite party? :))

I'm inclined to agree but I gotta ask- how many of us have actually encountered a Rage fan?

well maybe i shouldn't specifically say rage fans...i just don't like the thought of a bunch of drunk concert go-ers at a hard rock festival. they get all angry and cocky and will want to stir up shit.

The RATM fans I met at a festival last year were super friendly and chill, until the music came on and their true colors emerged. Nearly got trampled to death by those animals and it wasn't until the final "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!" that they calmed down and I knew I'd escape with all four limbs intact. :)

Pretty stoked myself. I keep typing http://www.muse.edu instead of my work homepage lately :$

Flying into LA on Friday at 10pm, leaving Monday around 12 noon and I intend on lining up early Saturday, possibly 7am. So looking forward to this concert and enjoying a nice LA Vacation before heading to Indy/Chicago with cool Musers!

As long as rage fans don't assault me like the guy at the staples center gig did I'm all good.

He went insane when he heard bliss and grabbed my shoulders and shook me violently :LOL: I didn't mind at the time cause I was super psyched too.

( not sure that's even considered assault :3 )

As long as rage fans don't assault me like the guy at the staples center gig did I'm all good.

He went insane when he heard bliss and grabbed my shoulders and shook me violently :LOL: I didn't mind at the time cause I was super psyched too.

( not sure that's even considered assault :3 )

Teeeechnically, it would be battery, if anything. An assault is the threat or attempt at unwanted touching, while a battery is the offensive touching itself. If you wanted to pursue it. :LOL: /lawschooldropout

Only one more day of work, then travel time! :dance:

Flying out in the morning and I'm so excited! I'm also going to Indy and Lolla and it looks like a few other people here are as well. If anyone wants my cell # send me a PM. I'm coming by myself and I've got a seat this time (booo!) but I may get there early to come say hi to everyone waiting in line.

^ I wondered that too when I heard the news the other day. TBH, even though I'm not a huge fan or anything, I was looking forward to her the most out of the first 4 acts. It could still happen, but the organizers are probably discussing it. That may also be what's delaying the release of set times. Getting very impatient...

^ I wondered that too when I heard the news the other day. TBH, even though I'm not a huge fan or anything, I was looking forward to her the most out of the first 4 acts. That may also be what's delaying the release of set times. Getting very impatient...

she's had six now? :stunned:

no offense but she's probably the real "warrior" in the having kids department :LOL:

Archived