I have to buy new tickets and the best thing that comes up is in Section 4, do you guys think that's too close to the stage?

What row? if low enough you'll be fine. I actually got sec 25 row 4 and I'm as stoaked as can be. It also is on Matt's side!

Edit: I'm getting Sec 4 row 29 which should be pretty damn good. If Muse are bringing their Russia stage, people with higher up seats wont have anything overhead blocking their view.

My current Facebook status:

"Just getting to used to it here and I'm upping sticks. Sorry Boston, but I've got a date with messers Bellamy, de la Rocha, Morello et al in sunny California. I'm coming, Los Angeles!"

Guys, I'm so excited! Leaving for the airport in an hour, this is getting real now!

What row? if low enough you'll be fine. I actually got sec 25 row 4 and I'm as stoaked as can be. It also is on Matt's side!

Edit: I'm getting Sec 4 row 29 which should be pretty damn good. If Muse are bringing their Russia stage, people with higher up seats wont have anything overhead blocking their view.

Yeah, should be good, thanks.

Er, is anyone going to try to sneak some booze in? :LOL:

I'd like to, but it doesn't seem like I could pull it off.

I'm not. I'm packing lighter than I've ever packed in my life.

On that note, though, is this another one of those venues where you can't even keep the caps of the water bottles you buy? :rolleyes:

Er, is anyone going to try to sneak some booze in? :LOL:

I'd like to, but it doesn't seem like I could pull it off.

For an event like this it might be difficult. Last concert at the Coliseum we went through a metal detector and were patted down. It might work if you had a flask shaped like a phone or somehow easily concealed in a bag but otherwise it will be very tricky.

I'm not. I'm packing lighter than I've ever packed in my life.

On that note, though, is this another one of those venues where you can't even keep the caps of the water bottles you buy? :rolleyes:

Probably. For football they let us bring in sealed bottles (they aren't so much afraid of people throwing things as they are of bringing in bottles of vodka). However for a concert, I'm thinking they will be taking away bottlecaps.

There's a Coffee Bean on Figueroa across from Exposition Park. There's also a Chik-fil-A there, which I believe serves breakfast. Unfortunately, everything at USC will likely be closed since school isn't in session.

North on Figueroa there are a ton of fast food joints.

eh, ill scope it out when i get down around there tonight

eh, ill scope it out when i get down around there tonight

There is plenty of food walking distance to the Coliseum. My personal favorite is Chano's, it's a Mexican food place. Their tacos and burritos are great and they serve Horchata. There is a location across from Exposition Park, and their main place on Figueroa is open 24/7.

I am not sure if I bought the correct tickets...I bought them from ticketmaster.com from this link http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/090046949E8C5320?artistid=750164&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60 , but it doesn't mention Muse on the event title. Also they say that the starting time is 1pm, but on stubhub it says 3pm? I bought regular seats btw.

You did it right. :yesey: It says "also featuring Muse..." on the top right.

Hey, is anyone flying home on Sunday morning? LA cabs are crazy expensive, and the shuttles go too freaking early! :LOL:

Those are the correct tickets.

Also, I checked and there are still GA tickets available. Seriously?! :p

Guess the pit is not going to be as crowded and rough as we've been predicting. :chuckle:

Oh, it will be rough. The place is going to go off! I'm getting excited, even if I have to go it alone. All my friends are being wusses up in the seats.

Aww...you guys just ruined the mental image I had of all the seats being filled and there only being a handful of crazy Musers/RATM fans on the field. :chuckle:

I think I would be entertained watching how individual people act on a scarcely occupied field.

I am not sure if I bought the correct tickets...I bought them from ticketmaster.com from this link http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/090046949E8C5320?artistid=750164&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60 , but it doesn't mention Muse on the event title. Also they say that the starting time is 1pm, but on stubhub it says 3pm? I bought regular seats btw.

Doors open at 1pm and the first band takes the stage at 3pm, so technically they are both correct.

It's going to be interesting to see how full the Coliseum is tomorrow, it will really decide whether or not this will become an annual event.

Doors open at 1pm and the first band takes the stage at 3pm, so technically they are both correct.

It's going to be interesting to see how full the Coliseum is tomorrow, it will really decide whether or not this will become an annual event.

I've heard that it'll be full from either Morello or KROQ (can't remember). I took a look at TM last week and the best available was at the opposite end of the field from the stage in row 38 so thats pretty damn close to full. Probably 70% full in the seats, with another 5k on the field. My ballpark is 60k people. Hell, I'd say anything over 40k and they'd do it annually.

Archived