and by the way, this did sneak up on me (sorta). Time to start breaking out the CDs and get in the mood.

This is seriously the greatest concert lineup I could have ever hoped for. Going to outside lands in august for the sole purpose of muse again, but this is going to eclipse that by far

I'm in Boston for a few days before, and then my flight gets into LAX about 10pm on the Friday night. I could be at the Coliseum for any time the following day, was planning on getting there about 12, but do you think this would be too late? I'm just conscious that it will be baking heat that I'm not used to and I don't particularly want to stand out in it for much longer than I have to.

I'm also in the pit, and worried that when Uprising comes on I will be the only one bouncing up and down! Anyone else in the GA want to throw themselves around like crazy with me?

Would love to meet up with you all, glad you're all such a friendly lot, haha!

Well seeing as how GA is sectioned off on a first come first served basis, and gates for GA open at 12 pm, it would be smarter to get there earlier.

I'd say get there around 5-8am, if you want a good spot, although 8 might be pushing it.

Don't worry I go crazy (almost embarrassing even) so you won't be the only jumping up and down and telling matt he should have had your baby instead of that monkey with a wig on.

>.>

I'm in Boston for a few days before, and then my flight gets into LAX about 10pm on the Friday night. I could be at the Coliseum for any time the following day, was planning on getting there about 12, but do you think this would be too late? I'm just conscious that it will be baking heat that I'm not used to and I don't particularly want to stand out in it for much longer than I have to.

It depends on how close you want to be. First couple rows by arriving at 12? Forget about it. I'd say you'd still be in the front wristband section, though.

I'm also in the pit, and worried that when Uprising comes on I will be the only one bouncing up and down! Anyone else in the GA want to throw themselves around like crazy with me?

Been in a Muse pit before? Because the majority of the front pit crowd does Uprising bouncing, at least from my personal experience.

and by the way, this did sneak up on me (sorta). Time to start breaking out the CDs and get in the mood.

This is seriously the greatest concert lineup I could have ever hoped for. Going to outside lands in august for the sole purpose of muse again, but this is going to eclipse that by far

It's sort of the other way around for me. I am absolutely in love with the OSL lineup, and even though LA Rising is still kinda cool without Muse, I probably wouldn't have been going if it weren't for Muse.

Btw looks like it'll be a high of 80 degrees day of the concert :D which is great news, seeing as we're in a heat wave right now with temps of 95-100.

Should be pleasant, but everyone should apply sunblock anyway. 80 degrees is actually pretty typical for July for those unfamiliar with LA (August and September tend to be nastier).

It depends on how close you want to be. First couple rows by arriving at 12? Forget about it. I'd say you'd still be in the front wristband section, though.

Been in a Muse pit before? Because the majority of the front pit crowd does Uprising bouncing, at least from my personal experience.

If you think 12 will be fine then cool, I'm not that fussed about being too far away, as long as I'm not the very back I'll be happy. First/Second section would suit me just fine.

I was at Wembley on the 11th last year and it was phenomenal when Uprising came on, but I'm aware that this is a Rage show and it will be predominantly Rage fans that go. Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive Rage fan as well, and I'll be going just as mental during their set, but I know that they might not be up for going as crazy when Muse are on.

Well seeing as how GA is sectioned off on a first come first served basis, and gates for GA open at 12 pm, it would be smarter to get there earlier.

I'd say get there around 5-8am, if you want a good spot, although 8 might be pushing it.

Don't worry I go crazy (almost embarrassing even) so you won't be the only jumping up and down and telling matt he should have had your baby instead of that monkey with a wig on.

>.>

Wow, 5am? Seriously, is that not a bit early...?

And yeah, cool as long as someone else is going crazy I'll be content, haha!

Well you should keep in mind that the festival starts earlier than most of the other muse gigs, that usually start at 7 or so. In my experience I waited in line at least 5 hours to get a decent spot. Also this is the coliseum-it's huuuge, I see where you're coming from though, but I'll play it safe and if they let me, I'll queue over night ^_^

Also, I'm not into pushing my way to the front, I'd rather earn my spot fair and [] :LOL:

EDIT: just called the venue and asked if they would allow queueing overnight and they said no :(

Ok Peeps, in case you haven't seen it:

NO In & Outs

NO Instruments

NO Knives / Weapons Etc.

NO Chains / Chain Wallets

NO Blankets

NO Outside Food & Bev

NO Camelpacks

NO Tents

NO Tailgating in Parking Lots

NO Refunds Or Exchanges or Cancellations

NO Chairs

NO Video Cameras

NO Audio Recording Devices

NO Bota Bags

NO Professional Cameras

NO Pets

NO Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia

OK Backpacks (medium)

OK Hats

OK Sun Block

OK Lighters

OK Cell Phones

OK Sunglasses

OK Cigarettes

OK Small Beach Towel

OK All Ages Welcome

OK Fanny Packs

OK Digital Cameras

(Non-Pro)

OK Disposable Cameras

OK Film Cameras

(Non-Pro)

Parking lots open at 10:00am

G.A. Field Gates open at 12:00pm

Reserved Seating gates open at 1:00pm

Box Office opens at 10:00am

Box Office Closes at 10:00pm

Rain or Shine

DAY Parking is $25

Everyone is required to have their

ticket at all times including the entrances to parking.

Line up/set times subject to change

Everyone subject to search upon entry

Be nice, have fun

I bought a G.A. Field ticket, what did it include?

General Admission Field gates open at 12:00pm off Menlo Ave. on the west side of the L.A. Memorial Coliseum. Parking lots open 10:00am please plan to arrive early.

Upon entry, G.A. Field guests will exchange their ticket for a color coded and numbered wristband. Wristbands will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Specific colored wristbands will allow access to one of three G.A. Field sections. Sections closest to the stage will be distributed first and in order.

G.A. Field guests will have access to all of the venue’s facilities and amenities including access to free refillable water stations in each of the G.A. field sections. Once wrist banded you will have in and out access to your color coded field section for the duration of the event.

I didn't even know they had a website until today...lol.

http://larisingfestival.com/event-info/info-faq/

Yeah, I've not been paying much attention until now. So in theory there will be 3 sections. This changes my plans. Now, I think I'll show up before the gates open, just to get a spot in the first part of the pit area. Then hang by the back of it for the show. I can always bail to the very back if it gets crazy.

I'm not doing a full GA queue. Did a couple of those for U2 in June and am done with that.

Listened to OOS today and damn I'm excited for Saturday!

In other news, Ms. Lauryn Hill had her baby on Saturday. If she performs on Saturday, that would be ridiculously impressive.

Btw looks like it'll be a high of 80 degrees day of the concert :D which is great news, seeing as we're in a heat wave right now with temps of 95-100.

Interesting, 'cause on the weather thing on my iPhone, it's forecasting 78 degrees for Saturday in Los Angeles. :p

Either way, it's looking like it won't be the "death by heat" I was worried about.

I'm from Seattle and I am most certainly not wanting to queue up in unknown heat, but I'm going to do it. We'll be sun haters keeping each other company!

I'd say noon is not going to get you a good spot. Queue earlier.

I'm in the pit as well and will probably out do you with the crazy rocking out. Just a warning.

Excited to meet you too!

Yeah although the rest of the country is in a massive heatwave, the heat in Los Angeles hasn't been that bad as previous years. It does tend to get worse into August and September though. Of course sun screen is still a must if you're planning on being at the gig the whole day [as I am, lol].

Alright, so my parents were NOT cool with the idea of me going with people they "didn't know" so that's not gonna fly. :(

However, my friend who's going got some tickets waaayyy in the back and I bought one. It's better than not being there at all!

Still bummed about not getting GA though. =/

Hey, so we have room for one or two more people in our suite. It'll be around $31 per person. We already have 6 people. PM me if you're interested. :)

P.S. There are 2 beds, 1 couch, and 1 big chair with an ottoman. I guess it'll be first come first served as to whoever gets where. :LOL:

at 3 am? :D I would but i'm sure it'd make me sick. Usually does. I'll stick with some granola bars :D

Chocolate chip Clif bars ftw! :LOL:

Now that I think about it, I'd much rather have those delicious seasoned fries from Denny's.

Alright, so my parents were NOT cool with the idea of me going with people they "didn't know" so that's not gonna fly. :(

Still bummed about not getting GA though. =/

Omg :( I'm sorry that really sucks! If anything changes you still have a seat in the car :D

Hey, so we have room for one or two more people in our suite. It'll be around $31 per person. We already have 6 people. PM me if you're interested. :)

P.S. There are 2 beds, 1 couch, and 1 big chair with an ottoman. I guess it'll be first come first served as to whoever gets where. :LOL:

Actually, having 6 people works out. That means no one has to sleep on the floor or in the bathtub. :p

Archived