I've been in and out on this thread so I'm not sure if anyone talked about this before but a few friends and I are hitting Six Flags on Sunday if anyone wants to join. :D Should be epic.

On a side note, does anyone have a good suggestion for an HD (preferably 1080 but 720 will do) point and shoot that will work well for this show? I'll hopefully be on the barrier (or close) but since they won't let me bring in my T2i :( lol.

Haven't seen you on here for a few weeks lol. I'm definitely down for Six Flags on Sunday, it's been a while... :D

I'll have my Sony TX9 Point and shoot and I also plan to queue so I should have some good footage. What time is everyone queuing that is attempting to make barrier?

Honest opinion. I wanted to record using my iPhone 4, since it is HD and I can keep it going throughout the whole concert. Does anyone know from experience if the microphone in the phone can stand up to the sound? So I don't have to risk ruining my chance to take great video/audio footage.

E;9197816']Honest opinion. I wanted to record using my iPhone 4' date=' since it is HD and I can keep it going throughout the whole concert. Does anyone know from experience if the microphone in the phone can stand up to the sound? So I don't have to risk ruining my chance to take great video/audio footage.[/quote']

I'd put a cotton ball over the micro phone and tape it down it works

Haven't seen you on here for a few weeks lol. I'm definitely down for Six Flags on Sunday, it's been a while... :D

I'll have my Sony TX9 Point and shoot and I also plan to queue so I should have some good footage. What time is everyone queuing that is attempting to make barrier?

Shweet :D Yeah, I've been to six flags once several years ago. I was probably 9. lol. And it was in Ohio. Magic Mountain looks sick. I can't wait :D This is really going to be the best trip eva. :D Also, we're hitting the dodgers game friday night if anyone wants to join :D

i hope that the setlist is a little older. i think im alone when i say this, especially here, but their new stuff just dosent do it for me. Anyways, I have a big problem. My ride flaked on me. Anyone have an extra seat, or 1/2 a seat thats driving from the san francisco bay area or around there?

Hopeful setlist, which is plausible now due to Dom promising a 'heavier' setlist.

-Siren Intro

1)Uprising

2)Map of the Problematique

3)Knights of Cydonia

4)Hysteria

5)MK Ultra

6)Nishe

7)Citizen Erased

8)United States of Eurasia

9)Megalomania

10)New Born [Matt on piano intro]

11)Time is Running Out

12)Unnatural Selection

Encore:

13)Dead Star

14)Stockholm Syndrome

15)Take a Bow

Killermojo's video is good but for even better audio (even from the barrier where you literally feel the sound-waves hitting you!), go for the Panasonic Lumix ZS3 or ZS7, proven track-record for both, used by many Musers ;)

They aren't 1080 but the 720p HD is still fantastic. I've actually just bought, then sent back, a new camera which did have 1080 HD and the difference was negligible, not to mention the fact YouTube couldn't play them properly (lines across the video which weren't there when watching on my computer).

This is what the ZS3 (known as the TZ7 here in the UK) can do, the ZS7 (TZ10 in the UK) has the same stereo microphones).

Depending on how good your speakers are you should be able to hear how great the audio is. Make sure you watch them in HD :)

Whoa holy shit! I bow to this camera, wish I had it in Japan.

Hopeful setlist, which is plausible now due to Dom promising a 'heavier' setlist.

-Siren Intro

1)Uprising

3)Knights of Cydonia

4)Hysteria

5)MK Ultra

6)Nishe

7)Citizen Erased

9)Megalomania

11)Time is Running Out

12)Unnatural Selection

Encore:

13)Dead Star

14)Stockholm Syndrome

15)Take a Bow

I could have sex with that setlist. That is a winner for me.

E;9197816']Honest opinion. I wanted to record using my iPhone 4' date=' since it is HD and I can keep it going throughout the whole concert. Does anyone know from experience if the microphone in the phone can stand up to the sound? So I don't have to risk ruining my chance to take great video/audio footage.[/quote']

Most video and audio sound pretty good on iPhones.

The only other thing you have to worry about is your battery dying. You can buy External battery packs from tech stores and online. Here is an example from ThinkGeek.com, although this one is out of stock.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/travelpower/e93c/

You may want to consider buying one, just to make sure you get the entire gig.

You think there is a good chance of them playing Butterflies and Hurricanes? I love that song live, and I'd rather hear that song in lieu of Micro cuts...

That song just doesnt do it for me live, seems like Matt struggles :$

You think there is a good chance of playing Butterflies and Hurricanes? I love that song live, and I'd rather hear that song in lieu of Micro cuts...

That song just doesnt do it for me live, seems like Matt struggles :$

There's probably some chance. They played it in Australia I believe

-Siren Intro

1)Uprising

3)Knights of Cydonia

4)Hysteria

5)MK Ultra

6)Nishe

7)Citizen Erased

9)Megalomania

11)Time is Running Out

12)Unnatural Selection

Encore:

13)Dead Star

14)Stockholm Syndrome

15)Take a Bow

Toss Fury, B&H, Bliss, and [i wish!] Invincible in there, and I could die happy :LOL: Not that I wouldn't be happy with that as is, mind.

Admitedly, it was better than Guiding Light :LOL:.

But I just can't stand wanky balladeering and particularly that wanky tapping solo :noey:. It kills the momentum too. On the Absolution Tour, we'd have the piano section going into Butterflies & Hurricanes which was a great way of switching back to guitar. On the BH&R Tour, we had piano section into Invincible and Starlight.

All four of those gigs died badly at that stage and only picked up again when they cracked out a hit like Time Is Running Out or Plug In Baby.

Admitedly, it was better than Guiding Light :LOL:.

But I just can't stand wanky balladeering and particularly that wanky tapping solo :noey:. It kills the momentum too. On the Absolution Tour, we'd have the piano section going into Butterflies & Hurricanes which was a great way of switching back to guitar. On the BH&R Tour, we had piano section into Invincible and Starlight.

All four of those gigs died badly at that stage and only picked up again when they cracked out a hit like Time Is Running Out or Plug In Baby.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of it either. Someone mentioned starlight as a possibility for LA Rising... Can you imagine how awful that'd go over with all the Rage fans in the audience?! I'm a lil scared to wear my Muse shirt because of this- if Muse throw on anything but their heavy stuff I'm afraid what'll happen to me when Rage gets on stage and I'm caught in a pit with a Muse shirt..

Yeah some of Immortal Techniques stuff is...really deep so to speak. I remember when I first heard Dance with the Devil it depressed the shit out of me. :LOL:

Toss Fury, B&H, Bliss, and [i wish!] Invincible in there, and I could die happy.

Invincible?

Really? . That's very nearly at the top of my list of terrible songs seen live, and I saw it at EVERY BH&R gig I went to (x4!).

I have no idea about the possibility of any rarities other than anything off of Origin of Symmetry simply because this is the first of a series of gigs leading up to R&L. I'm sure after this concert the next few gigs will be more predictable, but anything for this gig is essentially a crapshoot, imo.

As for Invincible, I thought it was pretty good live, one of the songs that really sounded better live than on the album.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of it either. Someone mentioned starlight as a possibility for LA Rising... Can you imagine how awful that'd go over with all the Rage fans in the audience?! I'm a lil scared to wear my Muse shirt because of this- if Muse throw on anything but their heavy stuff I'm afraid what'll happen to me when Rage gets on stage and I'm caught in a pit with a Muse shirt..

Really debating whether or not I should go to the gig with my Muse shirt...it's gonna have to be a day-of decision, lol.

I'm going to be neutral about it and wear a *gasp* non-band shirt. :eek:

Same. I might just wear a completely plain shirt.

I'll go all-out with band shirts at Lolla, though. Heck, I'll probably drag along a Florence and the Machine shirt even though they're not playing. :LOL:

10 days, think Muse will cut down on or intensify their rage riffs?

Like I've said, I think it would feel really weird if Muse did any Rage riffs here. Normally they're awesome, but here it would almost be inappropriate.

Yeah some of Immortal Techniques stuff is...really deep so to speak. I remember when I first heard Dance with the Devil it depressed the shit out of me. :LOL:

It is quite impressive though. I dig the lyrics and that he's actually trying to say something.

Archived