We will be driving to this show from our hotel...does anyone have any advice on the safest area to park? On the website it looks like there are two choices.. "exposition park" and the campus of USC. I imagine the campus of USC is safe, just not sure what you have to walk through between the campus and the venue.

Park at USC. It will be pricey, think $25 but it's safe. I'd recommend Parking Structure 1 (which is on the corner of Exposition and Figueroa) or if on campus Parking Structure A (Entrance on Vermont).

Does anyone still need a close-by hotel reservation? I pre-paid for a room at the Radisson and staying there, but made a reservation for 2 rooms at Vagabond Inn at USC while in a craze booking air, lodging, car rental for all the upcoming shows.:LOL: Room 1: $80/Room 2: $98

Vagabond reservations told me that they can do a Name Transfer. If anyone is interested send me a PM and I can transfer, otherwise I will cancel next week.

Not interested, but thought I would plug the Vagabond. It's safe, the staff is super nice and it is an easy walk to the stadium. My mom has stayed there for years and has never had a problem.

I can't believe it's less than a month away!

A buddy and I will be travelling from Calgary, Canada for the show. Landing on Friday the 29th, Leaving early morning Tuesday Aug 2nd. We'll be staying here:

http://www.stayonbeverly.com/map.html

If anyone else decides to book there (so cheap! and reviewed well!), we can all find our way down to the show. Split transit/cab, whatever

Also, we're looking for an afterparty! Anyone hear of anything yet?

A friend and I are going to queue over night and I was wondering where we should park over night since parking for the festival will open at 10 am the following morning. Also, anyone open to queuing with us over night and keep us company? Waiting in line will be boring and such.

I think I'm down to queue overnight, though I reserve the right to fall asleep :LOL:

Parking at USC is open 24 hours. There are two gates open 24 hours. Gate 3 at Figueroa just south of Jefferson and Gate 5 on Jefferson and McClintock Ave. You would be able to pay for parking there the night before for the regular daily rate which I think is like $8 or $10, then you'd need to buy another pass for the next day which would be the Event rate.

The Coliseum lots will not open until 5 or 6 at the very earliest the next morning.

Oh and USC does ticket and those tickets do get sent to the DMV, so I'd recommend paying for parking and not taking the risk.

The bigger issue is whether the LAPD will let people camp out overnight. My guess is they won't, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Parking at USC is open 24 hours. There are two gates open 24 hours. Gate 3 at Figueroa just south of Jefferson and Gate 5 on Jefferson and McClintock Ave. You would be able to pay for parking there the night before for the regular daily rate which I think is like $8 or $10, then you'd need to buy another pass for the next day which would be the Event rate.

The Coliseum lots will not open until 5 or 6 at the very earliest the next morning.

Oh and USC does ticket and those tickets do get sent to the DMV, so I'd recommend paying for parking and not taking the risk.

The bigger issue is whether the LAPD will let people camp out overnight. My guess is they won't, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Fantastic Info! Muchas Gracias!:thumbsup:

Very glad to hear that USC parking is 24 hours :) but the LA rising website said that parking for the coliseum will open at 10 am, and that's a little too late to get there if you want to be close to the stage, as the website also stated that the field will be sectioned off on a first come first served basis. I wouldn't think that LAPD would have a problem with waiting in line over night, but if that's the case I guess I'll have to rent a hotel room 0_o

Thanks for the information!

What the fuck is the deal with all of the RATM disliking going on in here? :wtf:

It's just the same guy that appears to have an extreme disdain for RATM and loves burritos, lol. Even if people personally don't like Rage Against the Machine we all know the immense influence they've had on Muse and how if it wasn't for them Muse possibly wouldn't even exist.

What the fuck is the deal with all of the RATM disliking going on in here? :wtf:

Rise Against, ugh. I'll be taking a dinner break.

It's just the same guy that appears to have an extreme disdain for RATM and loves burritos, lol. Even if people personally don't like Rage Against the Machine we all know the immense influence they've had on Muse and how if it wasn't for them Muse possibly wouldn't even exist.

The guy has been banned already and has not posted here for the past couple of days.

I cannot believe how quickly this gig is approaching! So excited.

The guy has been banned already and has not posted here for the past couple of days.

I cannot believe how quickly this gig is approaching! So excited.

I'm not referring to the troll, I'm talking about everyone else in here who is like "I don't even like Rage, I'm just here for Muse"

It makes me sad because so many people would kill to be at this epic show. Muse and Rage back to back? I'm so grateful, it bums me out to see so much "meh" all around.

I'm super excited too!

It makes me sad because so many people would kill to be at this epic show. Muse and Rage back to back? I'm so grateful, it bums me out to see so much "meh" all around.

No need to kill, there are still tickets available! :LOL:

And as a long time, old school RATM fan, it is exciting to see them live again, but I can see where the 'meh' comes from. They haven't had any new material in years, they hardly tour and when they do they always threaten that it will be their last. They were absent during the time where their music could have made more of an impact, and their setlist is still going to be the same as the last.

With all that said, I am still excited to see them.

Oh hi there.

I'm sorry :(

No need to kill, there are still tickets available! :LOL:

And as a long time, old school RATM fan, it is exciting to see them live again, but I can see where the 'meh' comes from. They haven't had any new material in years, they hardly tour and when they do they always threaten that it will be their last. They were absent during the time where their music could have made more of an impact, and their setlist is still going to be the same as the last.

With all that said, I am still excited to see them.

I meant the people who don't live within driving distance or in other countries who can't afford to fly here. We're so lucky that this is happening in our own state, I'm just sad that some people don't appreciate it.

I for one am giddy with anticipation to see Rage and Muse! It will be my first Rage show and it will be at one of my most loved venues.

<3

Since the news hasn't been posted yet.... :awesome:

Our lovely Shelbi and Justin talked to Dom yesterday, and this is what was learned (quoted from Shelbi):

"LA Rising information: He said the set would be more of a 'metal fest' this time around. Lol. So, definitely more of the heavier songs. Also, we will be getting some OoS goodies. Not telling you what. ;) He seems REALLY excited about the show."

Possible songs include CE, Megalomania, and Dead Star (less likely, but still). :awesome:

Huge thanks to Shelbi and Justin for getting that info <3

Since the news hasn't been posted yet.... :awesome:

Our lovely Shelbi and Justin talked to Dom yesterday, and this is what was learned (quoted from Shelbi):

"LA Rising information: He said the set would be more of a 'metal fest' this time around. Lol. So, definitely more of the heavier songs. Also, we will be getting some OoS goodies. Not telling you what. ;) He seems REALLY excited about the show."

Possible songs include CE, Megalomania, and Dead Star (less likely, but still). :awesome:

Huge thanks to Shelbi and Justin for getting that info <3

Holy shiiiit :D

Archived