THE Colosseum could hold 92,000 people. RATM can't sell out stadium shows, and that's the reason why they asked MUSE to join them. Muse can't sell out stadiums in the US, so that's why they play arenas and festivals only.

Muse are huge in Europe, but in the US.....they haven't quite reached stardom.

RATM, they aren't that good, that's why they can't sell out stadiums anywhere.

It's very hard for acts to sell out stadiums, and they are only few of them that could.

Paul McCartney and the Rolling STones are the only two acts that could sell out huge stadium shows every year.

The Police and U2 could come close to selling out.

I expect only 40,000 people for LA rising, 50 000 if they're lucky. It will be full on the Field, half empty in the stands.

Ratm are not that good.....there are still thousands of tickets left.......if they were good, they would have sold out the stadium. Paul McCartney is selling out stadiums like no tomorrow on his summer tour, u2 played to almost a full capacity 2 nights angle stadium . Ratms, when did they ever play to a sold out stadium ? Even muse sold out wembley 2 nights.....I don't think ratm could ever fill up wembley!!!!

Ratm are not that good.....there are still thousands of tickets left.......if they were good, they would have sold out the stadium. Paul McCartney is selling out stadiums like no tomorrow on his summer tour, u2 played to almost a full capacity 2 nights angle stadium . Ratms, when did they ever play to a sold out stadium ? Even muse sold out wembley 2 nights.....I don't think ratm could ever fill up wembley!!!!

That doesn't mean they're not good. RATM just doesn't have mass, generic appeal -which is a good thing! They're not very accessible, they're not celebrity types and they are not liked across the board because of their political stance and the edge in their sound. U2 and Paul McCartney are very soft in comparisson and both young and old can listen to them.

Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber must be the best in the world then, look at all those arenas they sell out...

Because clearly, the more popular you are, the better you are

Because clearly, the more popular you are, the better you are

Exactly. If everyone starts defining quality by popularity we're in deep shit because no one will be thinking for themselves- they'll just blindly follow the masses. And the level of RATM's current popularity couldn't possibly be due, in part, to the fact that they haven't released an album in 11 years, right? They were really only an active, touring act for around 8 years so they've been on hiatus longer than they were active. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes: And you're going to compare them with acts that have enjoyed worldwide popularity since before many of us were even born? Non-controversial, radio-friendly acts that appeal to entire families instead of mostly Gen X & Y?

I went to a Biffy Clyro gig in April in a TINY venue in Chicago and there was almost no one there. Show didn't sell out and I would imagine there were around 100-200 people there at most. And Biffy is amazing. You can't really look at an artist and say they're no good just because they don't sell out stadiums. That's a really narrow way of looking at things.

If you have a different reason why you think RATM isn't any good, I'm all ears. But right now your logic is lost on me.

Exactly. If everyone starts defining quality by popularity we're in deep shit because no one will be thinking for themselves- they'll just blindly follow the masses. And the level of RATM's current popularity couldn't possibly be due, in part, to the fact that they haven't released an album in 11 years, right? They were really only an active, touring act for around 8 years so they've been on hiatus longer than they were active. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes: And you're going to compare them with acts that have enjoyed worldwide popularity since before many of us were even born? Non-controversial, radio-friendly acts that appeal to entire families instead of mostly Gen X & Y?

I went to a Biffy Clyro gig in April in a TINY venue in Chicago and there was almost no one there. Show didn't sell out and I would imagine there were around 100-200 people there at most. And Biffy is amazing. You can't really look at an artist and say they're no good just because they don't sell out stadiums. That's a really narrow way of looking at things.

If you have a different reason why you think RATM isn't any good, I'm all ears. But right now your logic is lost on me.

Consumers, in general, act too much like zombies. They just flock to the same thing to fit in/survive. Thank The Beatles for McCartney's ability to sell out stadiums. Someone coming from possibly the worlds biggest band not selling out stadiums would be pretty sad. Polarizing bands DO NOT SELL which I think is the idea they go for. Why do you think bullshit Pop/ Rap music is the way it is right now?

No..... Because ratm are not an active group, they should sell out stadiums with ease. Historically , bands who haven't been on tour in years, they would be the hottest ticket in town . Paul McCartney, he is been consistently been toruring since 2002, and for him to be able to sell out stadiums every year , it's very remarkable. The police toured for the first time in 20 years back in 2007....and it was a massive success. They had no new album no nothing....yet they sold out dodger stadium , wrigley field,

Maracana stadium with ease.

Good music is timeless, that's why ratm suck, they don't even have 1 timeless song!!!!

Rap and hip pop don't dominate the current music scene because j z, snoop dog, eminem etc.. Wouldn't be able to fill up a small shady high school stadium......let alone a big stadium

Good music is timeless, that's why ratm suck, they don't even have 1 timeless song!!!!

So this has gone from a discussion over whether the event will sell out to a discussion over why RATM sucks? I'm sorry but I'm not really convinced with whatever point you're trying to make.

In other news, there's a new Guerrilla Video out, this time with Tom Morello! He talks about Muse around the 4:00 min. mark.

Foo fighters are better than ratm...ff sold out wembley stadium twice in 2008. Tom morello and ratm suck!!!! And muse should have turned down the offer to support them!!!! If anything , it should have just been just a muse gig...and that's it! No opening act no nothing...just like macca!

The discussion about ratms sucking and the event not selling out are connected...the even won't sell out cos ratm suck!!!! Simple as that.

Do you think if muse were supporting macca or the stones that there would still be tickets available now????

Case close, ratm suck!!!!

We should all

Come together and boo them off

The stage, throw tacos and burritos at them

, so maybe muse will play 2 sets ???

The discussion about ratms sucking and the event not selling out are connected...the even won't sell out cos ratm suck!!!! Simple as that.

Do you think if muse were supporting macca or the stones that there would still be tickets available now????

We should all

Just out of curiosity who are your favorite bands/acts besides muse?

We should all

You do know Muse are influenced by RATM, right?

Macca was influenced by Elvis and chuck berry....he turned out to be better than all of his idols combined....

I belong to you was influenced by sgt pepper.....per Matt Bellamy .

I still don't understand your argument

Archived