Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

I am looking forward to a Muser meet-up in Indy! :musesign:

Me too! :party::dance:

Our local paper the Indianapolis Star revealed it online yesterday. http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011105100366

Thanks! :)

I'm not buying this rumor. If there's a warm-up gig it will be on the West Coast. Just saying. Two US gigs this summer, Lolla and one out west. Might not even be a warm-up. Some say Outside Lands. Maybe, maybe not. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up and start making travel plans based on a post on the Coachella board, later copied to last.fm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIrhVo1WA78

:p

I just booked at the Cambria Suites, which is within walking distance of the Venue. Anyone else staying there? :D

Yep! I have a room there! Would you prefer to save money and cancel yours and join us? Unless you like your space. :p

I'm doing the Indianapolis - Chicago trip (assuming I get a ticket on Friday for Noblesville). Not sure how I'm getting from Noblesville to Chicago yet - may be up for sharing a rental car, if anyone's interested. Haven't got my plane tix yet either, so trying to decide if I'm flying into Indianapolis, then flying to Chicago for Lolla, or flying into Chicago & renting a car to get out to Noblesville and back.

So glad Musers will travel for gigs, otherwise I wouldn't even think of driving out to the Middle of Nowhere, Indiana! You all were very helpful with transportation advice on getting out to Nassau Coliseum last fall.

Muse makes me go to places I would never otherwise visit :LOL:

Well, technically it merged with Ticketmaster a little while back, so they're the same company yet sort of different. Like, there are LiveNation venues and those are the ones that sell tickets on LN specifically I think? Idk.

You are correct. The companies merged, but "ownership" (or whatever you want to call it) of the venues stayed with the orignal company. In most cases you may see a gig listed on TM, but when you go to purchase tickets it transfers you to the LN site, and vice versa if a gig is listed on LN. Both companies suck because of their ridiculous fees, but I do appreciate their affiliation with Citi and Amex, because it has served me well during presales in the past. :LOL:

Frankly I'm glad this show seems to be a bit under the radar, you know? I'm not keen the fact that there's no GA, and it's gonna be a bitch to get tix. The fewer people that know on Friday morning the better!

Uh huh.

Yeppers.. have a room on reserve..:D

No airline ticket yet though, right? ;)

You are correct. The companies merged, but "ownership" (or whatever you want to call it) of the venues stayed with the orignal company. In most cases you may see a gig listed on TM, but when you go to purchase tickets it transfers you to the LN site, and vice versa if a gig is listed on LN. Both companies suck because of their ridiculous fees, but I do appreciate their affiliation with Citi and Amex, because it has served me well during presales in the past. :LOL:

Frankly I'm glad this show seems to be a bit under the radar, you know? I'm not keen the fact that there's no GA, and it's gonna be a bitch to get tix. The fewer people that know on Friday morning the better!

Uh huh.

No airline ticket yet though, right? ;)

yep.. no airline ticket yet.. need that concert ticket first.. ;)

I've spoken with someone at the venue, and they seem aware that this is an actual gig. Frankly I'm glad this show seems to be a bit under the radar, you know? I'm not keen the fact that there's no GA, and it's gonna be a bitch to get tix. The fewer people that know on Friday morning the better!

Welcome to the Muse forum! :) Where did you hear about this gig? We're all a bit perplexed because it was just a rumor for a couple of months, and then all of a sudden it shows up on Livenation's calendar with no confirmation from the band, and it hasn't shown up in the News threads here.

FYI if you have Muse as a musical preference on FB then its showing up there... so this may not be as under the radar as you would like...

Big problem - August 3, is the first day of school next year. :rolleyes:

FYI if you have Muse as a musical preference on FB then its showing up there... so this may not be as under the radar as you would like...

Yep, it's being talked about on the radio and stuff now, so I hear. It hasn't been posted on the official Muse FB page, though, that I can find anyway, so I'm not sure what Muse page you mean. :unsure:

Sorry about the school conflict. :(

Yep, it's being talked about on the radio and stuff now, so I hear. It hasn't been posted on the official Muse FB page, though, that I can find anyway, so I'm not sure what Muse page you mean. :unsure:

Sorry about the school conflict. :(

If you go to Muse's facebook page and check under their tour dates it's on there. It also shows Lolla's date as friday the 5th? Maybe confirming what day they're playing

If you go to Muse's facebook page and check under their tour dates it's on there. It also shows Lolla's date as friday the 5th? Maybe confirming what day they're playing

Hmmm . . . but it's not set up as an event yet.

I figure they probably are playing Friday, but that FB thing isn't official. If you look it says the end time is August 7, meaning they "could be" anytime that weekend. I'm expecting them to be Friday (please not versus Coldplay!), but I guess we'll see next month! ;)

Depending on if me or my buddy's driving from Cincinnati I might be able to add 1 or 2 people. If you live in Cincy and I'm driving I'll gladly take you to Indy. Or if you're in Indy goin to Lolla I can do that as well. Didn't go the meet up at Hofbrahaus (however you spell that) in October and I regret it.

What's the latest and greatest regarding the pit? Does anyone know? I am wondering if pit/orchestra tickets will be available for today's Muse presale. I can call the venue and see prior 1 EST any thoughts?

Yep! I have a room there! Would you prefer to save money and cancel yours and join us? Unless you like your space. :p

I'm trying to save as much money as possible, but I still have about 3 or 4 people on the fence that would need a place to stay. Thanks though :)

You start school Aug 3rd??? What the heck happened to good ol summer break? Is this a year round school?

Archived