Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

Just out of curiosity does anyone know why they decided to do this show here? I mean all their other shows in the US this summer are festival shows and I would think if they were going to do a regular gig it'd be somewhere that they cancelled on The Resistance Tour (either St. Louis or Kansas City)

Absolutely no idea. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out why Muse does the things they do. I do think the Kanrocksas gig is their attempt to make up for KC.

Absolutely no idea. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out why Muse does the things they do. I do think the Kanrocksas gig is their attempt to make up for KC.

Yeah, you're right :LOL:. I just wish they'd have a show here; it was hard enough to get my parents to let me travel to see them once, twice might be impossible

:'(:'(:'( I do enjoy all this travelling for Muse (even if my bank account doesn't), but I'd love to see them here at least once.

Hopefully you'll get them next tour! :( Maybe they'll play that new Festival Republic fest at the Citrus Bowl in October? It is put on by the same people who do Reading and Leeds, so that makes it slightly more plausible because of contracts and such. :D

Hopefully you'll get them next tour! :( Maybe they'll play that new Festival Republic fest at the Citrus Bowl in October? It is put on by the same people who do Reading and Leeds, so that makes it slightly more plausible because of contracts and such. :D

That would be awesome, although incredibly doubtful. But maybe next tour. I'm not sure what October fest you're talking about, but I'm going to look it up now. We only have a couple of crappy fests down here that I know about.

edit: Found it! Announced in January, called Orlando Calling (:LOL: The Clash), scheduled for November, with no information released since. I wonder if this will happen...but I hope so! We get skipped by so many good bands. :(

/off topic

That would be awesome, although incredibly doubtful. But maybe next tour. I'm not sure what October fest you're talking about, but I'm going to look it up now. We only have a couple of crappy fests down here that I know about. /off topic

It's a brand new festival, don't even think it has a name yet! So who knows. ;)

EDIT: It's called Orlando Calling.

I saw Nine Inch Nails there in '09 and it's a really nice venue. Staff was really nice (and had to deal with them a lot because I was part of a meet and greet) and the sound is better than any of the amphitheaters around Chicago. A little bit of a drive from Chicago and it's in the middle of nowhere, but there are hotels/motels in Noblesville. I don't really get why it's so pricey, but I'm going to try to get lawn in a few weeks. Last time I was there I paid $119 for a presale GA ticket.

Yeah, you're right :LOL:. I just wish they'd have a show here; it was hard enough to get my parents to let me travel to see them once, twice might be impossible

I will not rest until I see Muse play a gig in my hometown. :LOL:

If I did that I'd never rest. I don't think Muse is interested in playing in a town with a population of 18,000 in northern Idaho :LOL: Be fuckin' sweet if they did though.

Well you never know... stranger things have happened. :D

Seeing Muse in an amphitheater (with reserved seats) has always intrigued me, and I value it way higher than seeing them at Lolla. So I am gonna sell my Lolla ticket I am pretty sure... and yeah, I already got tickets for this show! I guess I'll be flying to Indiana in August (I do have a friend I can stay with for a day or two).

As for setlists... keep in mind they will be playing Origin of Symmetry in its entirety a few weeks later, so they will probably use some of the US shows to warmup for those... then again, they might treat this like a more intimate show and have a setlist full of Undisclosed Desires, Feeling Good, Unintended, etc. To be honest I wouldn't mind them breaking out Endlessly at this venue!

Archived