Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

WTF is this all about?

http://www.last.fm/event/1871457+Muse+at+Verizon+Wireless+Music+Center+on+4+August+2011

Any idea where this came from? Anyone heard any rumors?

EDIT: This is real now, people! http://www.livenation.com/event/050046A6D490B2A1?crosssite=TM_US:1400322:41099

Possible tweeters:

@violetjohnson39 (Renee/Furygirl)

@MoodyJ66 (SoapFan82)

@liz0_o (Liz)

@1WickedMuse (Wicked And Divine/Melanie)

@EllaB_ (Ellen)

@shlebeeful (Schlebee)

@xdeadxduckx (dead-duck)

@hcat78 (Heidi)

@librarylesley (steampunklibrarian)

@mamalynx

@_shiner_1

@crowbi_wan

‎@__hyena (yes, 2 underscores)

@hugenkiss76

@BaitInc

@Ripshawman (Mike/Mick4Kizna)

@bellamyzetagrl

@museplus1

‎@SarahSwan71

@cathmarl (Catherine)

@curie

@UltimaWeapon01 (Pistol Star)

@_silverrose_

@cccmercedes (Triple C)

@_isadora_

@simplysimple_

@tsthayer

@MUSEified_gurrl (DreamOutLoud)

@hunterrunfarm

WTF is this all about?

http://www.last.fm/event/1871457+Muse+at+Verizon+Wireless+Music+Center+on+4+August+2011

Any idea where this came from? Anyone heard any rumors?

Check the lollapalooza thread, people have been talking about it in there. Apparently someone on the lolla boards mentioned it (someone who people think is reliable)

It sort of makes sense... thinking back to '08 when they did V fest, they did the one off gig at Marlay Park before hand as a "warm up", so since they'll have had a bit of time off, they could want to do the same (especially if they have some sort of new stage design for the August festivals)

Thanks, Ducky! I haven't been reading the the Lolla thread, so I didn't realize. Maybe I'll go on there and be a smarty pants and say "wrong thread". :p

I only knew because people were mentioning it on twitter, then i looked at the thread. I haven't been following that one either, since it's too depressing/tempting ;)

I'm not buying this rumor. If there's a warm-up gig it will be on the West Coast. Just saying. Two US gigs this summer, Lolla and one out west. Might not even be a warm-up. Some say Outside Lands. Maybe, maybe not. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up and start making travel plans based on a post on the Coachella board, later copied to last.fm.

the only problem i have with this is...

doesn't this break that performance radius rule that most fests have? you know... where you can't perform within 100 days and a certain number of miles before/after the fest? of course, i could be wrong, but Indiana is quite close.

nonetheless.... i hope it's true. :D

doesn't this break that performance radius rule that most fests have? you know... where you can't perform within 100 days and a certain number of miles before/after the fest? of course, i could be wrong, but Indiana is quite close.

Indy's pretty close to what we think the radius is. It's right at 200 miles/3-3.5hr drive depending on traffic. Verizon Wireless is in the far NE suburbs of Indy, in the middle of a frickin cornfield. Per Nat, when Muse played ACL in 2007, they played Dallas area the next day. That's approx the same distance, and I would think be subject to the same radius rule since the same company runs those fests.

Again, prob won't happen because, well, that's the way my life works. If it does, traffic's going to be a bitch. I hate driving up to that part of town.

Yeah, I had thought of that... I don't know how far the radius is, Indianapolis is more than 150mi away according to google maps :unsure:

EDIT:

Indy's pretty close to what we think the radius is. It's right at 200 miles/3-3.5hr drive depending on traffic. Verizon Wireless is in the far NE suburbs of Indy, in the middle of a frickin cornfield. Per Nat, when Muse played ACL in 2007, they played Dallas area the next day. That's approx the same distance, and I would think be subject to the same radius rule since the same company runs those fests.

Again, prob won't happen because, well, that's the way my life works. If it does, traffic's going to be a bitch. I hate driving up to that part of town.

ah, we posted at the same time.... so you think the radius is 200mi?

oh the cornfields of Indy... :facepalm::LOL: gotta love them....

and i'm trying not to get my hopes up... but of course i've already planned how i'll execute this...

Yeah, I had thought of that... I don't know how far the radius is, Indianapolis is more than 150mi away according to google maps :unsure:

EDIT:

i sent my friend who works for C3 a message asking about the rules. i think Indy will JUST make it. if i remember correctly, muse performed in Michigan or Wisconsin the day after Lolla 07. or two days after... something like that.

EDIT:

At or below since the Grand Prairie (west of Dallas) show was the day after 2007 ACL. Although maybe that was a special case since Muse filled in somewhat last minute there. Wasn't White Stripes supposed to play ACL that year and cancelled?

Snap.

Radiohead, lol 2nd leg of 2008 Tour

08-01 Chicago, IL – Grant Park (Lollapalooza)

08-03 Indianapolis, IN – Verizon Wireless Music Center

It already happened. They allow it. Just saying.

Well, we have the radius clause question answered. Thanks!

I don't think ACL has the same radius rules, last year a ton of ACL performers came through Houston (I saw both LCD Soundsystem and Vampire Weekend the weekend of the last ACL in Houston) and Houston is less than 200 miles.

But I think Lolla makes exceptions sometimes, theres been bands who have played surrounding cities even though the radius clause doesn't allow that. And Indy is far enough away that I think Muse could get away with it.

I'm not buying this rumor. If there's a warm-up gig it will be on the West Coast. Just saying. Two US gigs this summer, Lolla and one out west. Might not even be a warm-up. Some say Outside Lands. Maybe, maybe not. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up and start making travel plans based on a post on the Coachella board, later copied to last.fm.

If you are going to be in the US for two weeks and already have all your equipment, why wouldn't you get in a few extra gigs and make the extra money? They have no reason not to. Its just going to be a short stint. I'm better there'll be 5 or so gigs, including Outside Lands and Lolla. I'm pretty sure Indy is happening, and then they'll probably hit up St Louis and Kansas City between Lolla and Outside Lands since those got canceled on the last leg (Maybe another California/west coast gig somewhere in there since they are in love with Cali)

And the person who posted on the Coachella boards about this usually knows his shit too.

I don't think ACL has the same radius rules, last year a ton of ACL performers came through Houston (I saw both LCD Soundsystem and Vampire Weekend the weekend of the last ACL in Houston) and Houston is less than 200 miles.

But I think Lolla makes exceptions sometimes, theres been bands who have played surrounding cities even though the radius clause doesn't allow that. And Indy is far enough away that I think Muse could get away with it.

Think we're OK on radius. If they let Radiohead do it 3 years ago, I don't see why Muse wouldn't be allowed to here. It's in Lolla's best interests to have Muse do a "knock the rust off" show.

If you are going to be in the US for two weeks and already have all your equipment, why wouldn't you get in a few extra gigs and make the extra money? They have no reason not to. Its just going to be a short stint. I'm better there'll be 5 or so gigs, including Outside Lands and Lolla. I'm pretty sure Indy is happening, and then they'll probably hit up St Louis and Kansas City between Lolla and Outside Lands since those got canceled on the last leg (Maybe another California/west coast gig somewhere in there since they are in love with Cali)

And the person who posted on the Coachella boards about this usually knows his shit too.

Crowbi Wan's info actually comes from a pretty reliable source with very close ties to Muse as of the end of February. The Indy rumor directly contradicts what he was told, and it's the main reason I'm still hesitant to believe the Indy gig is legit. But, this could be something that's developed since then. I've got my fingers crossed that is does happen (and actually, he does too).

Crowbi Wan's info actually comes from a pretty reliable source with very close ties to Muse as of the end of February. The Indy rumor directly contradicts what he was told, and it's the main reason I'm still hesitant to believe the Indy gig is legit. But, this could be something that's developed since then. I've got my fingers crossed that is does happen (and actually, he does too).

Yep, I do have a reliable source that specifically told me two shows are happening this summer. One being Lolla. The other will be somewhere on the West Coast around the time of Lolla. Sorry, no additional info was provided, nor could it be. Make up dates in KC and St.Louis would make sense, and some person that knows his shit posting about a gig in Deer Park certainly sounds nice, but again, two shows. Let's hope Shiner1 is correct and that the info I received has changed. I'd love a pre-Lolla gig and not one in some tiny LA club that only a handful of fans would be able to attend.

Not to bring Coachella forum shit over here, but I certainly wouldn't take the person who started this 100% - certainly not without a concrete source anyway. Same person had that place up in arms about a Portishead show in Hollywood last year that never happened, IIRC. I hope he is right about this, though. But the same info can't be corroborated anywhere at the moment.

This thread hasn't been shut down yet, though. So that might mean something.

Yep, I do have a reliable source that specifically told me two shows are happening this summer. One being Lolla. The other will be somewhere on the West Coast around the time of Lolla. Sorry, no additional info was provided, nor could it be. Make up dates in KC and St.Louis would make sense, and some person that knows his shit posting about a gig in Deer Park certainly sounds nice, but again, two shows. Let's hope Shiner1 is correct and that the info I received has changed. I'd love a pre-Lolla gig and not one in some tiny LA club that only a handful of fans would be able to attend.

:stunned::stunned::stunned:

Outside Lands is a possibility then, considering it's the weekend after lolla. I bought a ticket for Bumbershoot, just in case, cause I guess there have been some rumors going around that they'll be there. IF it was at a small venue in LA, darwin knows I'll be there. But at the same time, I really can't see that happening. :(

Snap.

Radiohead, lol 2nd leg of 2008 Tour

08-01 Chicago, IL – Grant Park (Lollapalooza)

08-03 Indianapolis, IN – Verizon Wireless Music Center

It already happened. They allow it. Just saying.

The Killers did the same in 2010, although with an Indianapolis show preceding that at Lollapalooza.

:stunned::stunned::stunned:

Outside Lands is a possibility then, considering it's the weekend after lolla. I bought a ticket for Bumbershoot, just in case, cause I guess there have been some rumors going around that they'll be there. IF it was at a small venue in LA, darwin knows I'll be there. But at the same time, I really can't see that happening. :(

Why can't you see a small LA show happening? Soundgarden played a surprise warm-up gig at the Showbox in Seattle before headlining Lolla last year. Muse is pretty much based in LA and a west coast show around the time of Lolla is going to happen. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see something like that happening. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather it didn't happen! A bigger show would obviously be ideal. I still think it's Outside Lands, but could be anything really. Yes, even Bumbershoot. Not likely, but certainly possible. My reason for saying Bumbershoot isn't likely is that the organizers typically don't spend the money to bring in huge acts. Muse would command a rather large payday and being that One Real/Bumbershoot lost a ton last year I doubt they have the capital to bring in Muse. Fingers still crossed, though. Muse in Seattle = WIN :D

Why can't you see a small LA show happening? Soundgarden played a surprise warm-up gig at the Showbox in Seattle before headlining Lolla last year. Muse is pretty much based in LA and a west coast show around the time of Lolla is going to happen. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see something like that happening. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather it didn't happen! A bigger show would obviously be ideal. I still think it's Outside Lands, but could be anything really. Yes, even Bumbershoot. Not likely, but certainly possible. My reason for saying Bumbershoot isn't likely is that the organizers typically don't spend the money to bring in huge acts. Muse would command a rather large payday and being that One Real/Bumbershoot lost a ton last year I doubt they have the capital to bring in Muse. Fingers still crossed, though. Muse in Seattle = WIN :D

It's the fact that Chris lives in Ireland and Dom is...gosh knows where, while Matt is here in LA...so why would Chris want to travel all that way for a small intimate gig here? I dunno. I'd love for them to have a show here in LA, but not so much small, because that means, smaller capacity, not as many people can get it. I'm just really feeling they'll be doing OSL. I knew I should have bought my eager beaver tix. :indiff: YES. That was the first time I saw Muse. Seattle. I miss the NW. :supersad:

Archived