Because it's been a while since I spent that much in one go! :LOL:

I'd assumed I'd have to wait until a couple of days before I went back to order them anyway, but I just found a site that offered free weekend delivery, so I went for it. They should be delivered tomorrow, and then they're there waiting for me when I get back. I'll still have to wait until the Tuesday to get my new guitar though. One more pedal to order anyway, but I'll do that after the weekend. I'll be well and truly done after that.

Phase 90 was another of the ones I just got, haha! I went for the script logo reissue though, just for the convenience of having the power supply option more than anything. You went vintage, RR? I like that it's a bit more subtle anyway. My Small Stone was a bit over-powering at times for my tastes. Big wide sweep if anyone wants it though.

Yeah, the Timeline was one of them actually. I got the Big Sky for reverb though.

i bought the eventide before i heard about the big sky unfortunately, considering selling it tbh and buying the neunaber mono shimmer as i actually love the tone

the timeline, however, is the most incredible pedal i've ever owned to be honest

Yeah, I found out about the Timeline and the Big Sky about the same time earlier this year, and they've been on my list ever since, it was just a case of waiting until I was heading back to the UK. Pretty excited to try them out as they seem to excel in the kind of sounds I love.

Caved and bought a Boss ODB-3. Overdrive for bass.

Well... It says overdrive. Kind of feels more like a distortion but it seems to hit the kind of sound I want. I'll get clips up at some point but I was quite impressed that it was able to retain the low end nicely and have a bit of clean signal come through. Paired with the LS-2 for more clean blend and even some lower end fuzz, it turned out rather nice at practice last night. I could hear my bass and still get that distortion that I wanted.

Can't wait for samples (don't forget to post cleans with it!); I am thinking of getting it again as it's so nice, cheap and easily replaceable.

Like I mentioned, I was taken away by the cost/sound value. Taken my guitarist has the adaptive distortion, Boss have some nice pedals when you look past the usual suspects (I rate the LS-2 as their best still). I really liked the fact my clean sound wasn't being completely overpowered. Even lined up really well with my Bazz Fuss if I wanted an even grittier sound.

Played it again live at practice. Holy freaking crap. Put an octaver behind it and it just became a wall.

I feel strange though. Two practice sessions ago, I used 0 pedals... Now I use 9. I used all of them recording last week and surprisingly, the favoured pedal was an EA Tremolo with the effect turned down and used as a preamp! It was only when we ran through an OD in Axe-FX that I realised that I needed an overdrive.

Treated myself to a Jet City this afternoon. It's going to be a long week waiting for it to be delivered.

Nice, is that the 20 watt? I've never tried one, but have heard good things about them.

Anyhow, not sure if these really count as purchases, but

EHX tremolo

vexter fuzz factory

small stone phaser (which I may end up modding if it has the volume drop issue)

also some bass strings, but somehow USPS sent them to puerto rico, so I have no idea when they're arriving here. over $30 for two sets, so they're not cheap.

also some bass strings, but somehow USPS sent them to puerto rico, so I have no idea when they're arriving here. over $30 for two sets, so they're not cheap.

Not cheap? I wouldn't mind those prices. I pay $45-70 for one set of DR's depending on if its for the five string or not. I usually have to wait for a 2 for 1 deal to get sets. :p

Not cheap? I wouldn't mind those prices. I pay $45-70 for one set of DR's depending on if its for the five string or not. I usually have to wait for a 2 for 1 deal to get sets. :p

maybe I'm just used to buying sets for six string electrics which are usually under $5 ;)

But it seems like $30 USD is equal to about $32 AUD, so I'm not sure how they cost as much as $70 :stunned: Haven't checked the 5 string sets, but the most expensive 4 string sets I saw were the rotosounds that were just under $40. I did get some flat wounds, but they feel weird... almost like the elixir coated strings

For what it's worth, the 4 string EB regular slinkies (50-105) I have for the JPJ bass are around $18 for one set. What would they charge for those where you are?

Nice, is that the 20 watt? I've never tried one, but have heard good things about them.

Yeah, I'm not gigging, so I've no real need for a high wattage amp. I've heard the Eminence speaker can sound a little generic and flat, but I'll wait and see how I feel in a few weeks/months (might end up swapping it out for a Vintage 30).

I was actually going to go with the VHT Special 6, but the price on the Jet City was too good to turn down!

• 2 weeks later...
Caved and bought a Boss ODB-3. Overdrive for bass.

It's a totally under rated pedal that gets a lot of abuse

You won't need to use the LS-2 with it. The clean blend can do 100% clean so no need for an extra blend. The low EQ control produces a monstrous amount of low end. Keep the gain low and the clean blend about 50/50 and it sounds incredible

It's a totally under rated pedal that gets a lot of abuse

You won't need to use the LS-2 with it. The clean blend can do 100% clean so no need for an extra blend. The low EQ control produces a monstrous amount of low end. Keep the gain low and the clean blend about 50/50 and it sounds incredible

On it's own, it sounds huge. That EQ does do a really good job and I'm actually surprised that less people use it. It blew everything else I tested out of the water that wasn't a $300-400 boutique pedal (pedals are expensive here...)

I use the clean blend on both the overdrive (I really set the gain low on it) and the LS-2 so when I combine it with my fuzz pedal underneath, it's freaking massive. :D

Oh, also got a GEB-7 just as a quick way to scoop and brighten the fuzz pedal. NOW it sounds very close to what I would like. :)

That said... I have something on its way in a few weeks... and I'm probably going to destroy it for science. :stunned:

That said... I have something on its way in a few weeks... and I'm probably going to destroy it for science. :stunned:

Is it what I think it is? Something that can #hypermusic?

And I've got the ODB-3 as well. Sounds good to me, but a little better with the gretsch bass with passives. I haven't got my amp yet, so maybe that will change

Is it what I think it is? Something that can #hypermusic?

And I've got the ODB-3 as well. Sounds good to me, but a little better with the gretsch bass with passives. I haven't got my amp yet, so maybe that will change

#hypermusic indeed. The order is going in tomorrow since I sold one of my basses (sob) to fund it.

I'm actually quite nervous about doing it but I feel like I can probably handle it.

Interestingly, the ODB-3 actually sounds more like an Overdrive through my Precision but borders Distortion on the Pedulla. It's at least got a usable gain tone through a fair bit of the dial rather than some pedals that basically require cranked or ... cranked.

Actually, I'm glad you like it James. I feel like you're an authority on tone. :LOL:

Archived