The phase effect is slower and less mid-heavy, as far as I can tell from Youtube demos. I'll give it a go and see how I feel about it (I'm saving for a Jazzmaster right now, so might end up trading it in and putting it towards that).

If it's the normal Script/Block mod switch, it just switches a feedback resistor in or out of the circuit. That's the main difference between the two versions.

I was looking at either the Classic Player or the Blacktop (with the P90 at the neck), but I imagine I'll have a proper hunt around to see if I can pick up a good deal nearer the time. I like the TVL model too, but I doubt my budget would stretch that far!

I'd go for the blacktop, even if it doesn't have the original style finishes.

Most recent purchase, hopefully a useful one (Thanks Matthijs)

60-SACVTBass2DI%20cover%20101013.jpg

Hope you'll like it! I have the small pedal of this one, and the Driver Deluxe.

Really great amp modeling, and it can do some nice drive sounds (though don't push it). EQ is very sensitive, I would suggest starting at all 12 or all 0 and slowly adjusting it.

Hope you'll have enough time to dial it in to fit the songs :)

Yeah, strangely enough it's pretty sensitive to how it's set. Plus there's the LS-2 to set as well.

Just bought an original whammy for what I consider a steal, but that depends if it's a scam or not...

If it is legit, I'll probably end up selling for a massive profit to a RATM fanboi.

No whammy, not even cheddatom's XP-100, will fill the void that Bs' whammy left on my pedalboard....

Hope you'll have enough time to dial it in to fit the songs :)

Yeah, strangely enough it's pretty sensitive to how it's set. Plus there's the LS-2 to set as well.

I will think I can wrap myself around it quickly since in absolute astonishment from both Japanese and Australian postage services... it's set to arrive today and we have 2.5 practice sessions to go before our gig. :D

Just bought an original whammy for what I consider a steal, but that depends if it's a scam or not...

chedda will be proud. :)

But seriously, nice find either way. :D

Strymon BlueSky

Didn't you already have the enhanced version of this pedal? Or was that Bs?

chedda will be proud. :)

But seriously, nice find either way. :D

He's missing all the action! It seems to have shipped today, so unless they sent something just to get a valid tracking number, it appears legit... yes, a fairly nice condition original whammy for $275 :ninja:

Other than that, I've got some pedals on a trade from our very own Bs.

-EHX tremolo (just as well, because the MBM tremolo seems to have an intermittent problem which I'm yet to figure out)

-EHX nano small stone

-vexter fuzz factory

Also, a proper case for the ovation since the 335 case I have is a bit big.... just a little...

Pedals not quite there yet? I haven't checked the tracking, but they shouldn't be far away, right?

Didn't you already have the enhanced version of this pedal? Or was that Bs?

Yeah, I have the TimeLine and the Big Sky, though I thought Jimbo had them both too!

The Frankenstrat paint job on that EVH phaser looks really shitty and cheap, now it's in my hands.

The quality of the finish or the overall look? I haven't had the phaser, but the flanger (black and white) seemed fine... but then I'm a massive VH fanboi.

The quality of the finish or the overall look? I haven't had the phaser, but the flanger (black and white) seemed fine... but then I'm a massive VH fanboi.

It's screen printed, so you not only have the texture on the paint, but there's some colour bleed and 'haziness' at the edges. That transparency on the logos/labels feels a bit cheap too. This actually seems like a pretty accurate representation:

evh-90_l-b1a561395d11bcbe430434275762c945.jpg

I don't know, maybe I'm just being fussy and that's how these things are. It does sound fine, and the script mod isn't half bad. Granted, I didn't pay for it, but my expectations of a pedal costing £100+ were pretty high, especially when the finish is one the big selling points.

It seems to have shipped today, so unless they sent something just to get a valid tracking number, it appears legit... yes, a fairly nice condition original whammy for $275 :ninja:

Tracking number didn't work, actually... BUT... I received it yesterday and I can confirm that this is in fact a $275 WH-1...

If a pedal's selling point is the finish, it has to be hand painted imho.

I imagine they'd want twice as much though, and it's more authentic this way, is it not?

Also, received the bass VT the other day. Any suggestions on settings? I'm going to try the suggested settings out first (SVT!)

It's screen printed, so you not only have the texture on the paint, but there's some colour bleed and 'haziness' at the edges. That transparency on the logos/labels feels a bit cheap too. This actually seems like a pretty accurate representation:

evh-90_l-b1a561395d11bcbe430434275762c945.jpg

I don't know, maybe I'm just being fussy and that's how these things are. It does sound fine, and the script mod isn't half bad. Granted, I didn't pay for it, but my expectations of a pedal costing £100+ were pretty high, especially when the finish is one the big selling points.

That's weird. I think the flanger I had was fairly decent, but again, that was just black and white. I wonder how much extra you're paying for the finish because it's copyrighted. Surely a good amount goes to EVH because of that.

If a pedal's selling point is the finish, it has to be hand painted imho.
Exactly. It seems weird to me that the finish is evidently where they tried to keep the cost down.

That's weird. I think the flanger I had was fairly decent, but again, that was just black and white. I wonder how much extra you're paying for the finish because it's copyrighted. Surely a good amount goes to EVH because of that.

I vaguely remember seeing the flanger in the shop, and although I didn't spend too long inspecting it, it seemed decent enough at the time.

I can't imagine the script mod costs that much to implement, and I understand you can approximate it anyway by clipping a resistor or two from the circuit. So really, you're talking the best part of fifty quid to have Eddie's name/design on there.

I think I'm going to pop this on eBay and pick up a Big Muff or something instead.

Nothing in particular, I play around in with the settings every time, and it is different with every bass.

Yeah, it definitely seems that way. The JPJ sounds pretty nice through it on most settings, but the gretsch... not so much. I think it needs a proper setup, and a heavier string for the low D.

Just sounds a bit weak with poor sustain. Any recommendations for a short scale bass in drop D? it sounds a bit better in standard, but in drop D it's lacking. It's currently got a 105 for the fourth string.

I'm guessing yours are standard scale though. If that's the case...bently pls. what gauge?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived