I got a used Boss BF-2 of €45 including postage. I should have it by Wednesday/Thursday.

I can finally Justin Chancellor :happy:

Underrated pedal. Opening it up and fiddling with the trimpots, can get it to some weird stuff. :happy: Or get the rate right up, keep the feedback and depth to taste and does a cool leslie-esque thing, think of Dirge by Death In Vegas.

Underrated pedal. Opening it up and fiddling with the trimpots, can get it to some weird stuff. :happy: Or get the rate right up, keep the feedback and depth to taste and does a cool leslie-esque thing, think of Dirge by Death In Vegas.

I would have gone with the BF-3 (easier to find) but I'd heard of guys not even needing a clean blend on the BF-2 so I went with that, waited a few months (!) and finally got one at a great price.

I really needed some modulation for my bass, clean and dirty sounds get boring after awhile.

Apparently need to open it up to double check, but its a dark grey, no screw model with a serial number starting with 141, can be pretty certain that its a 35 like the reissues.

Seems like its arrived with an issue with EG2. Doesn't seem to register letting go of a key, so release does nothing and sustain is just a volume control. Bit annoying and at the same time, a tad useful.

Weird. You'd think it would get stuck 'on' if it wasn't picking up letting go... Sustain is a volume control anyway (in a way) though, surely?

Weird. You'd think it would get stuck 'on' if it wasn't picking up letting go... Sustain is a volume control anyway (in a way) though, surely?

Yeah, sustain works as it should. Just letting go of a key, it stays wherever sustain is set, release does nothing.

The tiny amount of info that exists on the internet suggests the MS20 is prone to issues with EG2 and probably just need to replace an IC or two.

James do you have an e906 mic? Tempted to get one

Yeah I do. Can't remember the exact reason I bought that one, but it seems like a good mic. Haven't actually used that little switch on it though; it's always been in the neutral position

nice, you using it for axe fx? let me know how the setup goes

I use it to control all midi gear I have. Now it is only POD HD500, Digitech Whammy, Clavia Nord G2, Kawai MP8 and Diezel VH-4. I also have AXE FX II XL, SS Switchblade GL and Rack Kemper in shipping. Hope to get it for late June/early July.

I use it to control all midi gear I have. Now it is only POD HD500, Digitech Whammy, Clavia Nord G2, Kawai MP8 and Diezel VH-4. I also have AXE FX II XL, SS Switchblade GL and Rack Kemper in shipping. Hope to get it for late June/early July.

Wow

• 4 weeks later...

Archived