Haha, not so much. It arrived today, and I think i'll be moving it on soon as it doesn't really work for me.

I should mention that it's a Korg X911, not an MS20. It was intended as a guitar synth, but it's not really that good a guitar synth. As an expander module though it is pretty great, and you don't even need to use a CV converter, it can be driven from anything using the pitch to CV input on the X911 itself. which is pretty unique in itself. Do love that filter though.

CV out as well. Now that is cool.

Yes it is very cool, basically negates the need for a MIDI to cv converter, sort of.

Has cv in and cv out.

I'm 90% sure I'll be moving it on though. I can't really afford to keep it for the niche that it occupies in my gear collection.

Is it worth it? I've got my eye on it too and the more opinions I can get before I get back the better, haha! Been meaning to get a proper controllable reverb set up for a while. Just want to know if it's as good as it seems.

Is it worth it? I've got my eye on it too and the more opinions I can get before I get back the better, haha! Been meaning to get a proper controllable reverb set up for a while. Just want to know if it's as good as it seems.

I mean if you're looking for a controllable reverb it's probably between the BigSky and the Eventide Space. I've never been a big fan of the Eventide boxes so I can't comment on the Space, but the BigSky is fantastic.

Like I said, I haven't yet gotten to really delve into it, but the sounds are beautiful straight from the factory, it's full of extremely usable presets, and the editing ability--as usual with Strymon--is both intuitive and vast.

Leaning towards the Big Sky so far, just need to try and hear a bit more of it I think to decide. Have you played the Timeline by the way? Just having a look at it now and I'm very impressed, but I think you've got the same DMMTT as me so don't know if you've been able to compare them? I don't plan on forsaking my DMMTT anyway, but I'm very impressed by these Strymon pedals.

Leaning towards the Big Sky so far, just need to try and hear a bit more of it I think to decide. Have you played the Timeline by the way? Just having a look at it now and I'm very impressed, but I think you've got the same DMMTT as me so don't know if you've been able to compare them? I don't plan on forsaking my DMMTT anyway, but I'm very impressed by these Strymon pedals.

Yes and yes. Here's my current pedalboard:

10325425_10204266542450633_4016801425810337346_n.jpg

The Timeline is absolutely amazing - I love the flexibility it offers in being able to do almost any delay sound I can imagine. The tweakability is great. Imagine everything I said about the BigSky, but for a delay pedal.

The Timeline is absolutely amazing - I love the flexibility it offers in being able to do almost any delay sound I can imagine. The tweakability is great. Imagine everything I said about the BigSky, but for a delay pedal.

Wow, I hate you on those three in the top left corner, haha! Is it still worth having both the DMMTT as well? I wouldn't want either of them to be obsolete if I had both. They do look great though. I'm going to have to seriously try and figure out how to fit everything on my board again if I go through with these new purchases when I'm back, haha!

Wow, I hate you on those three in the top left corner, haha! Is it still worth having both the DMMTT as well? I wouldn't want either of them to be obsolete if I had both. They do look great though. I'm going to have to seriously try and figure out how to fit everything on my board again if I go through with these new purchases when I'm back, haha!

It is for me. I like having two delays. Obviously they're analog v. digital, but I generally use the Timeline as my "main" delay and then stack it into the DMMTT for a washy sound. Then again, sometimes the DMMTT is the main delay. Just depends. But a friend taught me to use a synced delay on the Timeline into a random long (or slapback) delay on the DMMTT and I use that technique a lot now.

It is for me. I like having two delays. Obviously they're analog v. digital, but I generally use the Timeline as my "main" delay and then stack it into the DMMTT for a washy sound. Then again, sometimes the DMMTT is the main delay. Just depends. But a friend taught me to use a synced delay on the Timeline into a random long (or slapback) delay on the DMMTT and I use that technique a lot now.

Today I was going to play my new shrew derply signature amplifier and experience shrew derply tone like never before

But then I realized I don't have one.

icon_aufsmaul.gif

Fuck that's sexy. Can you take another shot without the pedals?

I FINALLY received mine today and holy fuck, that filter! :eek:

Is an early or late model? The reissue uses the earlier filter and it is fucking amazing! I can finally nail the sounds I was attempting with the microkorg and ms2000 (which I still have).

Also love the fact that by default one of the envelope generators is patched to pitch :D

Is an early or late model? The reissue uses the earlier filter and it is fucking amazing! I can finally nail the sounds I was attempting with the microkorg and ms2000 (which I still have).

Also love the fact that by default one of the envelope generators is patched to pitch :D

Apparently need to open it up to double check, but its a dark grey, no screw model with a serial number starting with 141, can be pretty certain that its a 35 like the reissues.

Seems like its arrived with an issue with EG2. Doesn't seem to register letting go of a key, so release does nothing and sustain is just a volume control. Bit annoying and at the same time, a tad useful.

Archived