I thought it sounded better on my active basses.

Mine's active, but then I wouldn't know how to set the pan and treble/bass controls for a good bass tone.

Do you know if Pedullas are usually active?

I've just found a hyper music backing track without bass, so I'll let you decide. I'm sure it will sound much better with the proper amp setup though... the amp itself should be done in the next few weeks, and then I need to figure out a speaker cabinet. Still leaning towards the Orange 4x10 (I'd go for the 2x10, but it's less than $100 cheaper :confused: )

I found an Orange 1x15 for a decent price on reverb, so I went for that instead. No idea what speaker is in it though, but it's 400 watts, so it should handle the amp just fine.

I think the 4x10 would have been a bit much, but I'm not sure how different the sound would've been

I would take just 10"s if I could

For a fiendish bass tone, I would stick to the bridge pickup, compensate with a bit of a bass boost on the pre-amp, then put it through 10,000 big muffs

I still haven't read the manual for my bass, so I don't know when I'm actually using the bridge pickup :facepalm: It just has a volume control, a treble and bass control (stacked pot), and a pan control (which I'm guessing is like a blend control for the two pickups)

put volume on full, centre both the treble and bass, then play with the pan pot. Play with your fingers up by the end of the neck. When it gets super bassy, that's the neck pup. When it gets thin and weak (or maybe punchy depending on the bass) that's the bridge. I like to use the bridge and boost the low end to compensate, this way I get a horrible nasty nasally punch in the nose type tone

put volume on full, centre both the treble and bass, then play with the pan pot. Play with your fingers up by the end of the neck. When it gets super bassy, that's the neck pup. When it gets thin and weak (or maybe punchy depending on the bass) that's the bridge. I like to use the bridge and boost the low end to compensate, this way I get a horrible nasty nasally punch in the nose type tone

Although for Muse I'd recommend the neck pickup... it's also a bit of a preference thing.

The balance should be straightforward. Turn towards the neck for neck pickup, towards the bridge for bridge pickup ;)

Chedda raps are back yo, getcha mom out, do bring ya bro, this guy is more then he seems, he's got mad skills, like lazorin' beams!

Matt I find you're too kind, like brine and time to meat your words make me soft and complete, full of tenderness, you make me want to undress, empty my own special holy water on your head to bless you while you confess your love for my funky touch, don't blush, your red face with my jizzle will look like a raspberry ripple, tweak my nipple, you turn my hear to mush, can't wait to see your stuff, no bluff, I'm not tough, come on bro, let's go, toe to toe, feel my flow while I plug into your animato

Matt I find you're too kind, like brine and time to meat your words make me soft and complete, full of tenderness, you make me want to undress, empty my own special holy water on your head to bless you while you confess your love for my funky touch, don't blush, your red face with my jizzle will look like a raspberry ripple, tweak my nipple, you turn my hear to mush, can't wait to see your stuff, no bluff, I'm not tough, come on bro, let's go, toe to toe, feel my flow while I plug into your animato

I still don't know how to reply/react to this, and neither does Matthijs from the looks of things.

Good news is that my bass cab just arrived. Can I run my super bass (which I still consider more of a guitar amp) through it, or will something get fried because of the different kind of speaker?

Check your Ohms and you should be fine.

Fair enough, and I guess if this guy used 15" speakers with a super bass, what could go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvK7PCO6T0M

I'm sure the actual bass amp will sound loads better through it.

Speaking of which, I requested that it has a built in big muff type fuzz. The question is... is just one enough?

Oh and also, do you remember what pickup settings you were using in those animato clips? I'm still messing around with mine.

Both pickups (soapbars), slight bass boost, mid range slightly higher and also boosted a pinch for more grit. It's a very warm bass, and very active, so that helps too.

Do you mean you were boosting the amp?

I tried the super bass through the 1x15 earlier. Much more convincing bass sound, but I still can't get the pedal to sound right. Spent a while adjusting the LS-2 levels, amp EQ (which had everything nearly all the way up as it was too dark otherwise) and animato settings (everything just below half seems to be best)

I think it's down to the amp really. I've only ever tried the old Marshalls with bass, and maybe they just don't sound good with this particular setup.

Anyone have a DBS they want to lend me?

Archived