Do they have it in stock now? I hate when that happens. I finally ordered that amp I've wanted for so long, and they didn't say it wasn't in stock. Took over two months for them to get it.

And the dealer I ordered my TVL jazzmaster from kept pushing the date back, so I cancelled it. Only to find that they now have them in stock, but I think I'll get it locally once they become available.

Also, this...

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=10288425&postcount=6103

...should finally be in my filthy hands in the next couple of weeks. With more modification and a free strap.

I can vouch for the awesomeness of that guitar

298551_260214550667208_6080090_n.jpg

BFG?

...that's what I thought, but he said he got it from a dealer, and the BFGs were discontinued a while back

Maybe one of these?

image.php?lang=en&identifier=id&size=normal&module=product&product_id=96516

I can vouch for the awesomeness of that guitar

298551_260214550667208_6080090_n.jpg

When was this? I haven't been lucky enough to meet Simno, but I do have an autographed picture of him playing rust_relic's DL-1

Only thing is that I later found out the autograph was forged :ninja:

I had the white X-Y filter changed to black, but I'm not sure how it looks yet. Should have it at the end of next week though.

Not a great picture as the light isn't great but I'm sure it will do for now :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk99lv769t06wig/IMAG0138.jpg

The original scratchplate got damaged during shipping so I bought one from axesrus but it doesn't seem to fit quite right. I will get a better one soon.

That's weird, it doesn't pop back into place when loosening the screw on top?

Looks nice though, what model is it? '59 reissue?

Also, out of curiosity, where did you buy it from? There are a few small things that strike me as unusual, but if it's a new one, then it could very well be normal knowing how gibson is!

What strikes you as unusual with it?

Also, I am surprised that with shipping a Gibson, the only thing that broke was the pickguard, they are notorious for arriving with disaster necks.

yeah exactly.

and i'm referring to the pickup selector surround and truss rod cover (assuming it's a '59 reissue)

i've never seen a pickup selector surround like that on a gibson. those are usually on epiphones.

but i don't know. it's hard to say what's right and what's not, especially with the newer ones

yeah exactly.

and i'm referring to the pickup selector surround and truss rod cover (assuming it's a '59 reissue)

i've never seen a pickup selector surround like that on a gibson. those are usually on epiphones.

but i don't know. it's hard to say what's right and what's not, especially with the newer ones

Hmm, Selector ring looks normal to me, unless I am missing something. The Truss rod cover also looks fine, they didn't all have an engraving on them. Possibly the angle of the picture throws you a bit? But it does appear to be a two screw cover, and does not have a flat bottom edge against the nut, which is also a standard for Gibson, but not epiphone.

Hmm, Selector ring looks normal to me, unless I am missing something. The Truss rod cover also looks fine, they didn't all have an engraving on them. Possibly the angle of the picture throws you a bit? But it does appear to be a two screw cover, and does not have a flat bottom edge against the nut, which is also a standard for Gibson, but not epiphone.

I've always known gibsons to have a smaller font is all.

2008-epiphone-les-paul-limited-edition-custom-shop-pickup-selector-switch.jpg

LPST6VSCH1-Features-Toggle-Switch.jpg

and I didn't mean the engraving, I meant that the '59 reissue usually has one like this

PRTR_120_1__43089.1367850493.380.500.jpg?c=1

but then I'm not sure which model Tom's is exactly.

I did change the truss rod cover when I changed the scratch plate as it had a bit of a scuff on it. You have sharp eyes James! But yeah the picture doesn't do it justice. I will get some better ones when I have a bit more time :)

Cool, so which one is it exactly? one of those VOS things or whatever they're called?

I definitely can't keep up with the standard models anymore.

http://www2.gibson.com/Gibson-USA-2014/2014-Guitars.aspx

Black Manson strap with red logo, fits the jazz niceley :happy: just need to get different straplocks (old are worn out anyway)

Nice, remember the leather hole punch, otherwise you're going to have trouble installing them!

Never said the strap was new :shifty:

Sherpa_man's?

Simno was kind enough to throw in a free strap with my recent purchase.

Mansons were the last ones to see the guitar though, so the strap might have been misplaced :ninja:

OMG did you get a Revival :awesome: Sell it to me for half off!

Yes, and that was the plan

Yup :) Now I can be cool too.

I think I must have at least one of each type, but if you want to play awesomeness, buy a £147 strap like sherpa_man did

also

IMG_0303.jpg~original

i like it. it's not as transparent as the white one, but still visible enough

:kiss:

are these built to order? because revival man (if he actually exists, in which case he's the bastard amp building child of shrew derply and that erik guy) hasn't sent me a confirmation. i didn't know if they have them in stock or not.

I don't know if this is going to be like waiting for the elliott all over again, but I don't mind waiting if you don't; be patient.

Waiting for hi-rez photos!

will do. did you see that other purchase that arrived with it? of course you didn't, because I haven't posted it yet :ninja: I'll have to get some pictures of it.

Archived