So elliott is like a jazzmaster, but with all the bad things removed? And also, have you tried telliot or whatever it's called? or any of elliott man's other creations for that matter.

Have you already put Veritas on order?

and that's not surprising really... I'm order #54, so mine probably won't be ready anytime soon....I was so close too...

AC30 is arriving on friday. I'll try to make some sound clips with my delay peddle and '73 strat... you'll have to tell me if I'm doing the dotted eights properly...

:LOL: Yeah, basically. And yes, I've played a couple of his Teles...they're phenomenal as well. I really want one. And a Raven.

I won't order the Veritas probably until the end of the year.

Jason got his Revival yesterday, he said it's amazing. I'm sure you won't be disappointed ;) looking forward to hearing that AC30, too!

Radial SGI and some gaff tape. Not the most glamorous piece of kit, but it means I can use my Matchless without blowing the roof off of a smaller church, which is great :awesome:

But I thought that was the reason you bought it

How will you have this setup exactly? Is the amp going to be placed somewhere else so it can't be heard? Because the speaker will still need to be hooked up (unless you use a load box)

I want to see how you're going to pull this off :pope:

But I thought that was the reason you bought it

How will you have this setup exactly? Is the amp going to be placed somewhere else so it can't be heard? Because the speaker will still need to be hooked up (unless you use a load box)

I want to see how you're going to pull this off :pope:

It was, but the church I play at in Memphis is huge and the one I play at in SA is small (sunday crowds being about 5,000 versus 300).

Usually I just put my amp behind the curtain onstage, run a cable to my board, and we're fine (Memphis), but back at home the Matchless is too loud to run onstage because it's a much smaller room and the stage volume is way quieter. The SGI basically just helps you keep the audio quality of your signal by buffering long cable runs. So I'll have my amp in a closet offstage and use the SGI to run a cable to it:

Pedalboard > SGI Transmitter > 75' XLR > SGI Receiver > Amp

It still functions as normal, just helps me move my amps further away from the stage without the degradation I'd get from using a really long 1/4" cable.

It was, but the church I play at in Memphis is huge and the one I play at in SA is small (sunday crowds being about 5,000 versus 300).

Usually I just put my amp behind the curtain onstage, run a cable to my board, and we're fine (Memphis), but back at home the Matchless is too loud to run onstage because it's a much smaller room and the stage volume is way quieter. The SGI basically just helps you keep the audio quality of your signal by buffering long cable runs. So I'll have my amp in a closet offstage and use the SGI to run a cable to it:

Pedalboard > SGI Transmitter > 75' XLR > SGI Receiver > Amp

It still functions as normal, just helps me move my amps further away from the stage without the degradation I'd get from using a really long 1/4" cable.

Good. I'm glad you know what you're doing.

Also, that AC30 can the edge pretty well (although I think it could be a little brighter) but has very little overdrive available. I think a lot of what I was hearing in that video was the 15 watt celestions being pushed.

Doesn't matter though, I wasn't going to sound like Brian May since I don't have the hair anyway... but it won't stop me from building a treble booster

Still waiting for a confirmation from derply amplification. :(

Good. I'm glad you know what you're doing.

Also, that AC30 can the edge pretty well (although I think it could be a little brighter) but has very little overdrive available. I think a lot of what I was hearing in that video was the 15 watt celestions being pushed.

Doesn't matter though, I wasn't going to sound like Brian May since I don't have the hair anyway... but it won't stop me from building a treble booster

Still waiting for a confirmation from derply amplification. :(

The Memphians have taught me a lot :awesome:

It doesn't have the top boost though, does it? I think a lot of Edge's toan comes from driving/boosting the AC30 with pedals, anyway...you may be closer than you think, son :ninja:

I'm sorry it's taking so long to get your shrew amp...that sucks.

Sold my Line6 / Tech21 rig and got a Kemper, DXR10 and FCB1010.

http://distilleryimage7.ak.instagram.com/7a9087aca39c11e3be431213a9d130e3_8.jpg

So impressed, my current favourite is a Marshall '68 Superlead profile I purchased :D

Nice!

Speaking of that, I like the profiles this guy has. Not sure if it's the same one you bought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ma_NXrJ4rQ

The Memphians have taught me a lot :awesome:

It doesn't have the top boost though, does it? I think a lot of Edge's toan comes from driving/boosting the AC30 with pedals, anyway...you may be closer than you think, son :ninja:

I'm sorry it's taking so long to get your shrew amp...that sucks.

Nah it doesn't. Supposedly these take pedals better, but I haven't tried anything besides my delay pedal yet. It's got a decent amount of brightness, but I have the tone control all the way down (or up? :wtf: ) on the brightest setting anyway

When did he use that boss FET booster? Because I built a clone of those a while back... it works too

It's not your fault son. Tone is worth waiting for, right?... right?

That's the one! The only profile(s) I've purchased so far, some great free ones available on the rig exchange :)

What other ones do you have?

Also, on the subject of super leads... Mansons are having a sale this month, and they had a super lead listed. You can guess the rest, but the handwired version for £500 (to a tax dodging american) was a great price, even with shipping

We'll see how this stacks up (pun intended) with the original one. Need to get a fresh set of EL34s in there as the current ones are rattling like mad.

Also, on the subject of super leads... Mansons are having a sale this month, and they had a super lead listed. You can guess the rest, but the handwired version for £500 (to a tax dodging american) was a great price, even with shipping

We'll see how this stacks up (pun intended) with the original one. Need to get a fresh set of EL34s in there as the current ones are rattling like mad.

:eek:

You're my least favourite VAT-avoiding person right now. :mad:

Nah it doesn't. Supposedly these take pedals better, but I haven't tried anything besides my delay pedal yet. It's got a decent amount of brightness, but I have the tone control all the way down (or up? :wtf: ) on the brightest setting anyway

When did he use that boss FET booster? Because I built a clone of those a while back... it works too

It's not your fault son. Tone is worth waiting for, right?... right?

That BOSS booster? I think he mainly uses it as a solo boost.

Totally worth the wait :awesome: I can't wait to hear how it sounds...

:eek:

You're my least favourite VAT-avoiding person right now. :mad:

Haha it wasn't that much less than what a second hand one would go for over here (once shipping was added). Certainly a better deal than a new one for $2800 though (you could get an original for around that price)

Going to properly try it out today now that I've got some new EL34s in.

That BOSS booster? I think he mainly uses it as a solo boost.

Totally worth the wait :awesome: I can't wait to hear how it sounds...

So it won't make me sound like

vyyTBeAmZIc

And I hope it is. The AC30 will keep me busy for now... I was told about an incredibly minor modification that will make it sound more overdriven, but I'm not sure if I should mess with it. It's perfect how it is now for a light overdriven sound, but it definitely has less than I was expecting

The only purchased ones so far are the 68 from Top Jimi, think it had around 10 profiles of different amp sweet spots.

Using a TwoRock clean (free), Morgan AC30 for mid / dirt, Super lead '68 Profile 3 for main dirt, Super lead Profile 4 for darker dirt (maybe for a strat?) and 5 is assigned to an acoustic amp profile to be used with my Roland Strat on acoustic mode.

I've only setup 1 'Performance' so far, that's my 5 amps for slot 1 or 128!

Haha, not so much. It arrived today, and I think i'll be moving it on soon as it doesn't really work for me.

I should mention that it's a Korg X911, not an MS20. It was intended as a guitar synth, but it's not really that good a guitar synth. As an expander module though it is pretty great, and you don't even need to use a CV converter, it can be driven from anything using the pitch to CV input on the X911 itself. which is pretty unique in itself. Do love that filter though.

Archived