Agreed. Only way I can see that existing is if some rich recluse commissioned it. I don't see how it would not have surfaced at some point.

Also, really hoping it's true because if I don't have it nobody can.

I recall the rumor was that it was built for display but someone could buy it if they wanted to. I think this was on the old musegear website, but I might be wrong... I originally read this back in 2004/2005

But like I said, I doubt it's true

You bought the firebird X, didn't you?

The fact that you avoided this question makes me a bit nervous, Tom

Is it time yet?

I recall the rumor was that it was built for display but someone could buy it if they wanted to. I think this was on the old musegear website, but I might be wrong... I originally read this back in 2004/2005

But like I said, I doubt it's true

The fact that you avoided this question makes me a bit nervous, Tom

Is it time yet?

Oh no it's not the Firebird. Probably will be a few weeks yet :( Waiting on things from the US is unbearable!

Oh no it's not the Firebird. Probably will be a few weeks yet :( Waiting on things from the US is unbearable!

Not many people joined the revolution from the sound of things.

And how did they send it exactly? It usually takes 3-5 days for stuff from the UK to arrive here, depending on customs. It takes much longer for the standard USPS/royal mail stuff to get here (still waiting for my fretboard oil, strings, etc from Mansons) but fedex, UPS, etc usually arrive in less than a week.

I'd keep an eye on the tracking status though. I can't imagine you'd have to deal with the same problems I do, but it'll tell you if there's a delay and there's additional information required in order to deliver it. Sometimes they don't contact you either, and you have to contact them, which slows things down even more.

Nope nothing yet. The place I ordered it from was actually out of stock so it's taken a while to ship. Hopefully shipping this week then 10 days delivery. Fingers crossed.

Do they have it in stock now? I hate when that happens. I finally ordered that amp I've wanted for so long, and they didn't say it wasn't in stock. Took over two months for them to get it.

And the dealer I ordered my TVL jazzmaster from kept pushing the date back, so I cancelled it. Only to find that they now have them in stock, but I think I'll get it locally once they become available.

Also, this...

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=10288425&postcount=6103

...should finally be in my filthy hands in the next couple of weeks. With more modification and a free strap.

Do they have it in stock now? I hate when that happens. I finally ordered that amp I've wanted for so long, and they didn't say it wasn't in stock. Took over two months for them to get it.

And the dealer I ordered my TVL jazzmaster from kept pushing the date back, so I cancelled it. Only to find that they now have them in stock, but I think I'll get it locally once they become available.

Also, this...

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=10288425&postcount=6103

...should finally be in my filthy hands in the next couple of weeks. With more modification and a free strap.

It's been despatched :D Also I still can't believe you've got that E, such an awesome guitar!

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got it this morning. Unfortunately a tiny bit of damage in shipping (typical Royal Mail), nothing that effects playability though thankfully. Pics in a few days :)

Nice, and shame about the damage. Luckily it didn't arrive with a broken headstock... I hate it when that happens

a few days? I don't know if I can wait that long. I'm just going to have to keep guessing what it is for now.

Archived