Only one :$

Nice! I thought you didn't like cool guitars Jazzmasters though? :erm:

That's....unusual. But then so are you :pope:

And no, it was just because the one I had wasn't a good one. fretwork was pretty bad, and there was a gap in the neck joint which could fit a credit card in :facepalm: The one in the link is MIM, but I don't mind. If anything, I just think it's a little overpriced (compared to the other MIM guitars)

The question is... standard or C standard?

That's....unusual. But then so are you :pope:

And no, it was just because the one I had wasn't a good one. fretwork was pretty bad, and there was a gap in the neck joint which could fit a credit card in :facepalm: The one in the link is MIM, but I don't mind. If anything, I just think it's a little overpriced (compared to the other MIM guitars)

The question is... standard or C standard?

Get TWO and do BOTH

:awesome:

they're coming today. i better not be disappointed this time.... icon_aufsmaul.gif

more recent purchases:

yellow LP DC (with the help of sherpa_man. I'm going to try to keep this one)

whammy 4 (need one that works with the X-Y pad)

orange OD120 carcass that I'm going to repair (wasn't one of these in shrew derply's video?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BatGk_6XbIY

0:51 eyebrows.gif~original

You have probably bought every yellow lp dc on this planet. :D

Almost :ninja:

But yeah, quite a few, as well as some blue ones. There's apparently a red version (according to gibson) but I've never seen one.

Do you still have yours? I think that might have been the best one, with the one I have now as a close second.

Yes, I still have it, but maybe I'll sale it, it sounds great but I don't really need this kind of tone, I play a lot with my strat ( road worn 50's ) and my mattocaster replica, and that's enough :D

I would've bought it back from you if I didn't just buy this one. That one was probably the nicest gibson I've had (mainly for playability reasons)

And it's quite a different sounding guitar from a MoC or strat. Or even a normal les paul... the middle position is pretty unique sounding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCOXHrL2zU

Also, Jim, I received peddles from JHS man. Haven't tried the mini fuzz yet, but the synth DS-1 thing is cool.

PM me when you want to buy it.

Someone needs to sell me a yellow Les Paul DC in the worst kind of way.

If muse59200 puts his up for sale, see if you can get it. They seem pretty consistent (considering the brand), but that one was particularly nice. Finish wasn't perfect, but it played and sounded better than any of the others.

edit: just don't put a roland pickup and black tape on it :supersad:

Well, for sunburn, yes, the middle position is perfect....I'll probably keep that guitar just for sunburn :D

I'm thinking of doing roland GK mod on my pacifica 120, but on the DC lite, I was wondering, where are the pots of the GK ?

About black tape, actually I tried it for fun.......:$ and it's awful.

Well, for sunburn, yes, the middle position is perfect....I'll probably keep that guitar just for sunburn :D

I'm thinking of doing roland GK mod on my pacifica 120, but on the DC lite, I was wondering, where are the pots of the GK ?

About black tape, actually I tried it for fun.......:$ and it's awful.

Well he rarely seemed to use the neck or bridge pickup by itself, so the middle position is pretty good for most of the early sounds. Sounds great with some overdrive as well.

I've wondered about that before... the pacifica has two additional controls added, but nothing on the DC (or peavey wolfgang for that matter). I think the GK pickup must have been set so it's always on full, and he adjusts the roland volume some other way (notice at the beginning of that sunburn video he says "more VG-8")

Notice how he has two separate cables coming from the guitar as well. Usually a GK equipped guitar just has one, but he had the GK and normal sounds completely separate

I don't know why the black tape was needed. Must have been to do with the cables.

But how is it possible ? trimpot inside maybe ?

About the two cables, yes, I noticed that, it's probably because he uses VG8 only for effects, and not guitar simulation.

Actually " more vg8 " I didn't understand that actually :$ but it seems logical because we can barely hear the " 2nd guitar " in the 2nd verse that we talked about few days ago :LOL:

black tape for cable, yes, probably, but all around the body, weird.

yeah probably, though i'm not too familiar with how the GK-2 works.

i'm not sure. it's probably just to run them to different amps/pedals or something.

I'm guessing it was like this:

guitar GK sound > VG-8 pedalboard > fender hot rod input

and

guitar normal sound > whammy etc > other amps (marshall, soldano, etc)

but then the DL-4 and DOD EQ are hooked up somehow, but judging by how they sound, he's still got a dry signal as well... so I figure the VG-8 is going to the input of the fender amp, and the EQ and DL-4 are going to the power amp in. I swear I've seen two cables going to that amp at the same time as well.

Or I could be completely wrong, but that makes the most sense to me. I don't think we'll ever know for sure though.

and more VG-8 just meant he wanted the tech to turn up the volume for it.

Honestly, anyone who's been using the GK stuff for a while could probably tell you why he has so cables. The wires inside the 13pin cable are so fine, Matt probably went through a new cable every gig. The newer GK3 pickups use pin 9 as an extra ground for improved reliability, but I would still do the two cable thing if my main sound was normal pickups.

Also of note, the Mansons with built in GK didn't have any GK controls mounted externally. If the GK is set internally to synth only, the mix mode via cable wouldn't work so that may also be a factor, though I can't see why they would do that.

In other news, and back on topic:

junky_lg.html

Looks like it has three jacks :confused:

One GK, one unused (maybe the original one left in place?) and one that looks like a neutrik locking jack

edit:

French wouldn't happen to be your first language, would it?... any chance of a translation?

mattyamaha03.jpg~original

If you can make out what it says anyway. I'll see if I can find one that's better quality

literally it says

" My guitars are equiped by roland GK2 for my pedal VG8. 2 pots on the guitar make me able to select the presets when I'm far of my board. the VG8 is mixed with the guitar signal, except for open tuning presets. The guitar has 2 jack outputs, one mono, the other one stereo, and then I can send each pickup on a different amp. "

literally it says

" My guitars are equiped by roland GK2 for my pedal VG8. 2 pots on the guitar make me able to select the presets when I'm far of my board. the VG8 is mixed with the guitar signal, except for open tuning presets. The guitar has 2 jack outputs, one mono, the other one stereo, and then I can send each pickup on a different amp. "

Thanks

I just found this

1517398_10153857306620305_467167483_n.jpg~original

I'm trying to figure out what the controls would do

Guessing the buttons are up/down for selecting patches, but then there's a little metal switch with a LED next to it

I imagine the extra control knobs have to do with the mono/stereo options. There are three volume controls, so maybe one is for GK volume

Archived