wat

your amp warehouse burned down or what?

I know.

Basically, this is what happened.

I found what at the time was a bargain on ebay - a functioning Marshall JMP chassis, which needed some work, but wasn't too bad overall. I think I posted that on here several months back.

So I sent it off to my amp tech, intending to just have it restored to factory specs with the proper parts, which wouldn't have been too expensive.

But not long after that, I learned that I got it cheap for a reason. It's apparently a bad sounding amp in stock form...basically Marshall's take on a Fender of some sort. Crap reverb, and one of the two channels is pretty much useless.

So I asked how it could be improved....one thing lead to another, and now it's pretty much a completely new amp. One channel is based on an AC30 top boost (with cut control), and the other a blackface bassman (with an added mid control). It's also running on KT88s in class A, instead of EL34s in A/B. I think right now he's just trying to improve the reverb on it.

I know.

Basically, this is what happened.

I found what at the time was a bargain on ebay - a functioning Marshall JMP chassis, which needed some work, but wasn't too bad overall. I think I posted that on here several months back.

So I sent it off to my amp tech, intending to just have it restored to factory specs with the proper parts, which wouldn't have been too expensive.

But not long after that, I learned that I got it cheap for a reason. It's apparently a bad sounding amp in stock form...basically Marshall's take on a Fender of some sort. Crap reverb, and one of the two channels is pretty much useless.

So I asked how it could be improved....one thing lead to another, and now it's pretty much a completely new amp. One channel is based on an AC30 top boost (with cut control), and the other a blackface bassman (with an added mid control). It's also running on KT88s in class A, instead of EL34s in A/B. I think right now he's just trying to improve the reverb on it.

on paper this actually sounds pretty awesome but still dat price:stunned:

I wasn't counting the pedals I already put up for sale :phu:

There's also that peterson tuner (highly recommend this), but I think I already mentioned that in here.

There's also the GMD luther drive, but I won't have that for a few weeks.

You and your german made car. I drive this - it's cheddatom approved.....I think

wooden-opel-car_image2_591.jpg

:LOL: Now I know how you have all of those Mansons....here's mine:

007b0755.jpg

Just saw it for the first time...his name is Earl :facepalm: Taken with an iPhone IV

just bought one of these, going to have the same exhaust and everything . WIll be in next week I think . Not guitar stuff but

We have too much money and all of us (americans) are spending our money on british companies

:LOL: That's so, so true...I'm even thinking of college over thar. Nice bike, btw. Triumphs were :awesome:

Screw you all and your fancy cars, for my recent purchase (recent fixing more so):

296399_10150821716825122_798025121_21303792_1684437688_n.jpg

Since it broke down last week, the entire interior got replaced, replaced the rear axel (incl. suspension), cut out a new boot well for it and the distributor which is what caused it to break down. $250 and a case of beer. (un)worthy modding right there :D

I'll repaint it all over the holidays again too and then use the excess paint on the partscaster :D It's done 300,000km, of which, I've done 100,000 of them in 3 years so its going alright.

just bought one of these, going to have the same exhaust and everything . WIll be in next week I think . Not guitar stuff but

We have too much money and all of us (americans) are spending our money on british companies

That made me cry inside... it's... beautiful! :)

That is a NICE tree.

Right there in the background.

All blowing in the wind and what not.

Definitely a nice tree.

Green.

Yeah, BMW have some seriously nice trees. Their cars are meh, but the trees...:yesey:

I would've thought something like Dorris would have been more appropriate...

Wasn't that our old server's name?

:LOL: Now I know how you have all of those Mansons....

I don't actually have a car of my own. If I did, I don't know what it would be.

popemobile? :pope:

I might have already mentioned this one, but I think it's coming in fairly soon (special ordered it a while back). Can't wait.

BB1200_JH_m.jpg

Not that exact one, but the same model.

Buy my other one Jim :awesome:

I might have already mentioned this one, but I think it's coming in fairly soon (special ordered it a while back). Can't wait.

BB1200_JH_m.jpg

Absolutely love that.

BB1200_JH_m.jpg

My dream car is a Delorean.

That Josh Homme guitar looks ace :awesome: do want. How much was it?

if we are showing rides... this is my truck after the first night of my brothers bachelor weekend

img0027id.jpg

Is that a pig...?

on paper this actually sounds pretty awesome but still dat price:stunned:

It's basically an entirely new amp. I don't know just how much work it requires, but I think he's still using the original PCB at least.

I'll have to check it out once I get it back. Got some nice speakers and a 2x12 cab waiting for it.

What I find odd about the popemoblie. They sell us an image of heaven thats perfect and wonderful, yet the pope gets car made to stop him from getting there as long as possible

I'm still amused at the name 'Popemobile'. Who does he think he is, Batman?

What I find odd about the popemoblie. They sell us an image of heaven thats perfect and wonderful, yet the pope gets car made to stop him from getting there as long as possible

I know your just making a side comment that doesn't really mean anything, but it was so moronic i had to say something :LOL:

Yes that's a little pig. It was in a group of like 20 little ones. They tear the place up and destroy everything, but I've killed some 250+ pound boars.

I know your just making a side comment that doesn't really mean anything, but it was so moronic i had to say something :LOL:

Moronic? I suppose logic doesn't make much sense to a guy who goes pig chasing in his free time. Still, I bet you've experienced some of that real male bonding I keep hearing about. Mmmmmm man milk.

Archived