Guest Batman.
Tried to find a squire, Nearly bought a strat but looked away at the wrong moment and missed it. Kinda wanted a tele too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swift-Electric-Guitar-new-nat-Tele-/120783471809?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c1f4184c1#ht_500wt_1226

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swift-Electric-Guitar-new-Red-Tele-/130581943713?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1e674a55a1#ht_500wt_1226

These look quite nice, no idea about the playability though. Can't find any cheap Squiers on eBay

Nice :eek:

Hell, that natural one would be nice even just as a wall hanger. Didnt read anything about the wood etc. but those are some nice aesthetics for a £60 guitar.

Aaaaaah how superficial musicians can be :happy:

EDIT: Mfc, might be worth parting out that Tele when youre done with it.

For you guys waiting weeks and weeks for pedals you can easily get from all kinds of places, why haven't you just cancelled the order and bought from someone else at this point?

Sometimes its not that easy.

If you cancel an order, some places will not refund you the entire money (they'll usually hold shipping). Sometimes its hard to even order a pedal over based on availability and location.

Well I don't think I'll be getting my amp any time soon, my bass case had its handle break so I had to go out and get a new case which will make it slightly easier for me to fit in. Will need some foam.

wp000644.jpg

So slanty in this photo but at least the headstock is clear of the bottom.

EDIT: Our dollar has now gone to crap too, goodbye cheap gear from overseas.

If you cancel an order, some places will not refund you the entire money (they'll usually hold shipping). Sometimes its hard to even order a pedal over based on availability and location.

Well I don't think I'll be getting my amp any time soon, my bass case had its handle break so I had to go out and get a new case which will make it slightly easier for me to fit in. Will need some foam.

wp000644.jpg

So slanty in this photo but at least the headstock is clear of the bottom.

EDIT: Our dollar has now gone to crap too, goodbye cheap gear from overseas.

Nice slap ramp

Not that I think its an intentional slap ramp, I do use it for that :LOL:

Saddest bit was, I found another one on ebay for $400 but they replaced the original pickups with Seymour Duncan's and they won't ship down the coast. I'm not driving to Brisbane to pick it up :(

EDIT: Another recent purchase... lol I'll be getting a friend to pick it up when he visits Brisbane next week. I'll replace the knobs so they are like the original though, this quite clearly got modified by the owner before last.

bc001n.jpg

For you guys waiting weeks and weeks for pedals you can easily get from all kinds of places, why haven't you just cancelled the order and bought from someone else at this point?

THIS

Yeah this. I could easily have just cancelled the order weeks ago if I didnt know that it would only lead to more trouble and hassle.

I bought a presonus Audiobox USB last week. I only got it on Thursday and after fucking about for a couple of hours I got it working finally. Then, on Friday, with the exact same set up, the fucker stops working. I can install the drivers OK but whenever I select the Audiobox in Cubase it will use it, but no sound comes out - no lights on the mixer or anything. WTF?!?! Should I send it back?

I bought a presonus Audiobox USB last week. I only got it on Thursday and after fucking about for a couple of hours I got it working finally. Then, on Friday, with the exact same set up, the fucker stops working. I can install the drivers OK but whenever I select the Audiobox in Cubase it will use it, but no sound comes out - no lights on the mixer or anything. WTF?!?! Should I send it back?

You should Whammy it first, just to be sure

Done even more research into this.

I bought one of these guitars on a whim as I wanted another Telecaster that i could work on and upgrade (and if i messed up i only lost £70)

The guitar is alot better than i thought it would be. Sounded and felt better than any Squier/Stater guitar I've played out the box.

However. The neck on these thigns are HUUUUUGE. They are definately bigger than acoustic and Gibson necks. It almost felt like I was playing with a baseball bat so I have been spending time sanding it down to a playable level. I figured if this didnt work i could just buy another neck off guitarfetish or soemthing similar.

The nut is also slightly off by about half a centremetre so that will have to be sorted.

The intonation on my guitar is pretty accurate and that is even after sanding the neck down a lot.

I replaced the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan hot rail copy and everything was wired pretty well.

The headstock is also going to be re-shaped into a standard Telecaster shape.

Overall I'm very impressed with the guitar considering the amount I paid.

I did ask the seller the wood it is made out of but he couldnt tell me.

I'm also going to replace the bridge and the tuners.

Hopefully I'll have some photos up soon.

The other negative reviews have been because the strings have been broken etc, but from postage. Even the negative reviews have said it makes a beautiful sound... I hope its true. Should do me for a while. I might change the neck and pickups (like the look of iron gear) when I've got some extra cash. And definitely the pick guard - black will look better with natural honey than white.

Guest Batman.
*Massive Little Big Muff rage comic*

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'd start to think about just cancelling the order and getting a refund now :LOL:

It for a little big muff as well... talk about an anti climax! Could have waited for an MB1 in that time...

Anti climax? Mmmm apologies for getting worked up over something that doesn't cost £3000 but I'm still fairly excited about it...

Ringing them tomorrow after uni, unless they tell me its on its way I'm cancelling and buying somewhere else.

Anti climax? Mmmm apologies for getting worked up over something that doesn't cost £3000 but I'm still fairly excited about it...

Ringing them tomorrow after uni, unless they tell me its on its way I'm cancelling and buying somewhere else.

I'd advise thomann. They're get to work with and if something goes wrong on the way, like it has with you, you can ask them to take off the shipping at compensation and they will. Plus they're not that expensive.

Done even more research into this.

derp de derp de derpety derp

The other negative reviews have been because the strings have been broken etc, but from postage. Even the negative reviews have said it makes a beautiful sound... I hope its true. Should do me for a while. I might change the neck and pickups (like the look of iron gear) when I've got some extra cash. And definitely the pick guard - black will look better with natural honey than white.

Just from the outstanding number of things the guy had to do to the guitar, I will say it's probably not going to be too good even though that guy was going to mod the hell out of it anyway. The nut being off by half a centimetre is most definitely not a good thing.

I'm not doing too bad with this new purchase. The bass I just purchased is a 1988 SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB310 so it's older than the bass I have now. Everything is original since apparently the Seymour Duncans may have been original pickups on the earliest models before the built the pickups themselves (or rebranded EMG's). Very hard to get real good information on these basses but my understanding is aside the pickups and black hardware, it's the same make bass as I currently own. Should make a great backup/drop tuned bass.

EDIT: Also forgot, this came with it, solves my compression issue... hopefully:

bc005k.jpg

Archived