What kind of Stage are you expecting or you want for the 2012 tour ??

Muse-ik

Just want to know what are you expecting or what stage would you like to see :) really needless thread really i know :LOL: but me I guess for the next tour they will just have some concerts in Space and we'll have to buy tickets for a space's travel then a stadium on Mars :D so what d'you think 'bout that ?

Well, based on what Matt said, we could expect something artistic. I liked the ''lights and shadows" example that he gave. No need of enormous things, but something beautiful and attractive, in some way linked to the music.

Doubt "Just them and amps" would be better, despite what some people say. Video & lights can add a lot and improve the gig experience.

As many lights and visuals as possible, personally I love seeing that creative side as much as the music, I think it really adds something to the performance.

It would be nice if they could also do a more stripped back tour at some point, as it would probably be the only time we'd get to hear any rare songs, the bigger the band get the less chance that anyone in the crowd would actually know those kind of songs, so it makes it hard for the band to actually play them.

Well, based on what Matt said, we could expect something artistic. I liked the ''lights and shadows" example that he gave. No need of enormous things, but something beautiful and attractive, in some way linked to the music.

Doubt "Just them and amps" would be better, despite what some people say. Video & lights can add a lot and improve the gig experience.

Yeah that's pretty true ! I always hope that they just be simple but they never and finally at the end im always happy :LOL: yeah no really need of enormous and big stuff because if it's somethin beautiful it's alright

No pomp and circumstance. Just Muse, on a bare stage under the spotlight. If they really need some sort of decoration, they can use two ladders a la productions of the play "Our Town". Otherwise, go bare bones and let the music do the talking. Also, longer sets that cover all the albums, this way they can play the "hits" the casual fans know and the "deep cuts" the hardcore fans know and please everyone.

If they can still pack the crowds in without the aid of trippy visuals, that would prove that it's the music that people truly love the most about the band.

Just my opinion on things.

for those wondering about the article where Matt was talking about the stage:

Bellamy also hints that they do have some desire to play some altogether simpler shows in the future and may try making things more minimalist again for a while. “I think we might do that at some point. I think we’d do it in an artistic way though. I don’t think we’d do it literally as just the basics. I can imagine doing like a very starkly lit show which is all about being in black and white and just shadows and weird, strange lighting and stuff. In other words I think you could strip it back as long as it’s artistically done and not just for the sake of saving money.”

I will say this: I LOVE their light shows. I mean, the towers, epic as they are, are a bit too much, and from what I hear the stadium stage was so high up you could barely see them if you were on the barrier (just... no), and there's no doubt that that they may have realized this makes me absolutely ecstatic. But great visuals to complement the music, as long as it doesn't take precedence over the music, is always very welcome :)

Plus, if you're too far back or something, it's hard to see just them anyway. It's nice to have something pretty to look at. I'd hate it if they just strip to the very very basics, which would never happen anyway since they've always been into fancy stages. :p

Archived