What kind of Stage are you expecting or you want for the 2012 tour ??

Muse-ik

I originally posted this in the 6th album thread but it wasn't mean to be there, and i cant find a 6th album tour thread, so i'll just post it here:

Matt's gotta chuck the guitars again for this tour. And play Muscle Museum and Uno more often. That has to happen.

(Warning: Some of the below might sound like complete nonsense)

If they make an album more personal, like Showbiz, they should play some more personal songs from the Showbiz era, like Escape and Sunburn.

The set lists should be about 23 songs (including any bass & drum jams and the B side instrumental [Hopefully Bedroom Acoustics or Minimum]).

That would end up as 21 real songs. If they play 3 songs from Showbiz (Showbiz, Muscle Museum OR Uno, Sunburn), that would make more people happy.

Then they have 18 songs to do what they want, although I think that with those last 18 songs they should do 5 new album songs (one of those on rotation), and with the last 13 songs, they should play:

Plug In Baby

New Born rotating with Stockholm Syndrome

Bliss rotating with Citizen Erased

Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

Ruled By Secrecy

Supermassive Black Hole

Map Of The Problematique on rotation with Starlight AND Take A Bow

Knights of Cydonia

Uprising

Undisclosed Desires on rotation with Mk Ultra

Resistance

United States Of Eurasia

+ The 3 Showbiz Songs i mentioned above

Although most people are not so hopeful for good set lists, I think there is a chance we could see some rarities played. Above I listed some rarities (most'll be rarities by the time of the tour) on rotation (Take A Bow, MK Ultra, Citizen Erased, Bliss & Ruled By Secrecy). Apart from that, we could get the possibilities of Dead Star, Can't Take My Eyes Off You, Nishe (Occasionally before USoE), Feeling Good, Back In Black (if they decide to do that Nic Cester thing again), Exo 1, I Belong To You and Neutron Star Collision.

They should have a stage which is a mix of Hullabaloo's Shadowy Things, most of the Abso stage, some bits of the BHaR Tour Stage, and maybe a couple of hexagon screens or 2 mini pillars either side of the stage.

I originally posted this in the 6th album thread but it wasn't mean to be there, and i cant find a 6th album tour thread, so i'll just post it here:

Matt's gotta chuck the guitars again for this tour. And play Muscle Museum and Uno more often. That has to happen.

(Warning: Some of the below might sound like complete nonsense)

If they make an album more personal, like Showbiz, they should play some more personal songs from the Showbiz era, like Escape and Sunburn.

The set lists should be about 23 songs (including any bass & drum jams and the B side instrumental [Hopefully Bedroom Acoustics or Minimum]).

That would end up as 21 real songs. If they play 3 songs from Showbiz (Showbiz, Muscle Museum OR Uno, Sunburn), that would make more people happy.

Then they have 18 songs to do what they want, although I think that with those last 18 songs they should do 5 new album songs (one of those on rotation), and with the last 13 songs, they should play:

Plug In Baby

New Born rotating with Stockholm Syndrome

Bliss rotating with Citizen Erased

Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

Ruled By Secrecy

Supermassive Black Hole

Map Of The Problematique on rotation with Starlight AND Take A Bow

Knights of Cydonia

Uprising

Undisclosed Desires on rotation with Mk Ultra

Resistance

United States Of Eurasia

+ The 3 Showbiz Songs i mentioned above

Your counting doesn't add up.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be very cool if Muse did something in the atmosphere of Radiohead's 2009 stage..

oVxzFwM_fb0

..but then Muse are placed in the vertical middle of the stage. Muse and their gear will stand on a steel lattice construction, so that lights also will shine on them from below. They will be surrounded by light.

||| are the lights, __ is the platform the band will stand on.

Radiohead:

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||_______________||

Muse:

||_______________||

There will be no visuals, just two giant LED screens on the sides that are filled with just camera shots of the bandmembers, (sometimes some effect layers added, like the current SS visuals). Behind Muse, there's a horizontal LED screen that shows images in the same atmosphere/colours as the lights and other screens.

I think THAT would be cool and wouldn't affect the setlists as much as the towers did..

I call for another big EPIC stage. It fits the nature of the band, and there is no reason cool effects and props can't make it a more complete package. Yes, the music has to be good, but that should be a given anyway, and although the setlist may not have been to everyone's taste this time round, the next tour is... well, the next tour frankly. But big stages and visual spectacles help the show jump from "awesome" to "an experience". The Flaming Lips do it just as well - why can't muse? The UFO was brilliant, the office was brilliant, I've heard the towers did bring more of the audience 'into' the show.

What would be nice would be tv screens everyone can see though: the biggest problem was that if you couldn't see the band, the screens were on the same level so you couldn't see them either. Seemed to defeat the point somewhat.

And more pyrotechnics. There is ALWAYS room for more pyrotechnics. :D

This. Bellamy is a showman, I say we see what madness he can come up with next! :LOL:

Radiohead have, IMHO, had one of the best stage designs. You have just a few screens at the back showing the band members, some flashing lights (but not a massive overdose) and those big light poles hanging from the ceiling which really suit both quieter songs (EIIRP etc) and rockier ones (Lucky, 2+2=5, when the lights flash and change colours suddenly), but never get in the way and really add to the show, and look amazing. The main focus is always on the band, which is great.

I wouldn't want Muse just to have a screen or two and some lights, that's going backwards far too much. They should definitely strip it down a lot though, but retain some impressive lights like RH.

Hey, it's no surprise :D I do agree though, it was very pretty.

There was no pyro for the resistance tour right? not that i can remember that there was any...

The only thing that came close to pyro this tour were the fireworks that went along with MK Ultra at Rock In Rio.

What an entrance. And front row as well.

Big screens in the shape of the muse logo.

When NSC is playing, a massive love heart balloon (<3) will pop out of nowhere and go amongst the crowd, because Muse would definitely like to do such things.

If they play Guiding Light, it will be a massive penis balloon instead.

Awesome

but in your videos thats not front row, unless your dad was in a different place to you, right?

That's exactly right. I've been at the front for all gigs I've attended. My dad usually hangs out around the soundbooth/back of the golden circle so he'll have some free space to hold the camera properly.

Big screens in the shape of the muse logo.

When NSC is playing, a massive love heart balloon (<3) will pop out of nowhere and go amongst the crowd, because Muse would definitely like to do such things.

If they play Guiding Light, it will be a massive penis balloon instead.

That is an awesome idea!!

Keep the lights and lasers, but don't go overboard with the stage itself. In fact, just a screen behind them would work. Maybe something like the Hexagons. I think those were perfect.

Don't think they need anything like the towers, cool but too restricting. And while something like the stadium show stage would be cool, I'd rather them not have some huge setup that makes tickets cost even more. I don't want the stage to be overpowering

Archived