That reminds me.... It kinda bugs me that Christopher Columbus gets all the credit for "discovering" America, when the Vikings had settlements here hundreds of years before Columbus. He was just the one that convinced lots of other people to move here. :phu:

:viking:

/random history rant

The same could be said for a lot of places, really, if you think about it. Native Hawaiians had been in Hawaii a good thousand years before Captain Cook "discovered" the islands. He "discovered" it on behalf of the Western world and led to more explorers/traders and eventually big business to come here.

I was just pondering that. :wtf: I think the FL people have given up. :( I think they led us on. It's not nearly as "extensive" as it should be.

Hah, "extensive." I believe they've played every single stop on this US tour before, and are actually skipping a few places they've been to (Florida and the Midwest). But apparently, they're coming back in the fall anyway. Seems like the same pattern they've done before, with multiple US legs in a year.

The same could be said for a lot of places, really, if you think about it. Native Hawaiians had been in Hawaii a good thousand years before Captain Cook "discovered" the islands. He "discovered" it on behalf of the Western world and led to more explorers/traders and eventually big business to come here.

Which led to monotheism, which led to Americans being appointed to high governing roles, which led to foreigners obtaining more than a million square miles of land (common Hawaiian people had >1% of land, which meant about 90,000 so people we're left homeless), which led to the Overthrow of the monarchy, which led to America having all Hawaiian land, and so on and so on.

Whoops, totally irrelevant. Blame Modern Hawaiian History :rolleyes:.

Hawaiian concert want. The only good gig news I've heard in a while is that CAKE will be coming :awesome:!

Which led to monotheism, which led to Americans being appointed to high governing roles, which led to foreigners obtaining more than a million square miles of land (common Hawaiian people had >1% of land, which meant about 90,000 so people we're left homeless), which led to the Overthrow of the monarchy, which led to America having all Hawaiian land, and so on and so on.

Whoops, totally irrelevant. Blame Modern Hawaiian History :rolleyes:.

Hawaiian concert want. The only good gig news I've heard in a while is that CAKE will be coming :awesome:!

Haha, how's MHH going?

I remember in the eighth grade, we entered History Day with this video on the Great Mahele (which of course leads to all that stuff you mentioned, all the way up to Bill Clinton's "Apology Bill" and the people still on the homelands waiting list). That was some intense research right there, way beyond what we were learning in MHH. I'm talking about reading stuff like Shoal of Time and Ruling Chiefs of Hawai‘i (two good Hawaiian history books, if anyone's interested), and going to the state archives and digging through old photographs and land title documents. Probably the most research I've ever done in my life, including college lol. But we ended up going to History Day nationals in DC with that video! :eek: And the crazy thing is, thanks to this research project I'm doing at work, I actually want to read Shoal of Time again!

Wow, some tangent this ended up taking lol.

Cake. I know someone whose birthday is the day of that first show, so it's birthday Cake for her!

EDIT: I just realized, remember the Muse Vegas gig was the same night you went to the Mickey Avalon gig? The Cake gig is the same night as Muse Seattle show lol.

Everything's relevant on this thread! :awesome:

Especially since Hawai‘i is an AMERICAN STATE! :awesome:

My first time on the continent, someone asked me what it was like being in America. :facepalm: He probably meant what it was like being in the continental US but still. I was with classmates and we got a lot of even more stupid questions. After a while we just went with it and were like, "Sure, we got here by canoe and bought our clothes at the airport!" (which of course makes no sense but those are the questions we were getting) And this was in Washington, D.C., mind you... though I think the kids who were asking the questions were from somewhere in middle America. :rolleyes: Ugh, I'm never gonna forget while we were walking past these kids and they started doing this mock hula. It was insulting. I could tell one of my classmates (who I now work with) wanted to knock them out but he kept it cool.

Especially since Hawai‘i is an AMERICAN STATE! :awesome:

My first time on the continent, someone asked me what it was like being in America. :facepalm: He probably meant what it was like being in the continental US but still. I was with classmates and we got a lot of even more stupid questions. After a while we just went with it and were like, "Sure, we got here by canoe and bought our clothes at the airport!" (which of course makes no sense but those are the questions we were getting) And this was in Washington, D.C., mind you... though I think the kids who were asking the questions were from somewhere in middle America. :rolleyes: Ugh, I'm never gonna forget while we were walking past these kids and they started doing this mock hula. It was insulting. I could tell one of my classmates (who I now work with) wanted to knock them out but he kept it cool.

:facepalm: I'm sorry.

Hi just sharing -- there is a thread on news, gripes, tips (gocanux? liberty? any other kinda frequest travelers?), and whatever else for those traveling to the Wembley London shows in 2010 ...

The thread title is Wembley/London specific and USA-centric, but travelers from NorthAm or other places might find some stuff helpful? IDK if this is making any sense :$

If there's another "travelin' tips" thread somewhere, maybe this one should just be rolled up into that one ...

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=68140

Whooo hooo! Had the greatest time last night in Atlanta! <3 :happy:

:musesign:

Awaiting PMS (Post Muse Syndrome) :supersad:

:dance:

Awwww, I'm glad you had a great time!

I can't believe they're already in the states. I remember when we were still anxiously awaiting their tour dates

• 3 weeks later...
yeah i haven't listened to muse since saturday.... i'm sad :(

i'm posting all my pics to FB now. Ahhhhhh so many memories. <3 but so sad it's all over.

I just looked at a bunch of your pics! So fun! :awesome: I can't believe how all those gigs corresponded with your spring break. Or was that just your own personal break? :chuckle: My daughter's school doesn't have break until 4/5.

I still almost teared up earlier today when I listened to SS. :supersad: For some reason videos don't affect me the same way. I wonder if the post-gig blues are even worse if you go to more than one show.

I just looked at a bunch of your pics! So fun! :awesome: I can't believe how all those gigs corresponded with your spring break. Or was that just your own personal break? :chuckle: My daughter's school doesn't have break until 4/5.

I still almost teared up earlier today when I listened to SS. :supersad: For some reason videos don't affect me the same way. I wonder if the post-gig blues are even worse if you go to more than one show.

It was!!!! Yeah IKR?! It just happened to work out that way. Nah, it was my actually spring break and not my own personal break. We aren't allowed to take so many days off in a row. lol i'd take advantage, i think.

yeah, i'm kinda bummed to have to go back to the real world. i took today off... partially because i'm super tired and partially because... i don't wanna leave my Muse week behind yet :( it's weird... i feel a mix between still totally stoked about my awesome week and sadness that i don't even know when it will be that i'll see them again.

I wanna go to VEGAS! I wanna go to Wembley! :supersad:

It was!!!! Yeah IKR?! It just happened to work out that way. Nah, it was my actually spring break and not my own personal break. We aren't allowed to take so many days off in a row. lol i'd take advantage, i think.

yeah, i'm kinda bummed to have to go back to the real world. i took today off... partially because i'm super tired and partially because... i don't wanna leave my Muse week behind yet :( it's weird... i feel a mix between still totally stoked about my awesome week and sadness that i don't even know when it will be that i'll see them again.

I wanna go to VEGAS! I wanna go to Wembley! :supersad:

Wow, that's right - lucky your spring break worked out! My sister's spring break is this week and we were so bummed out when we found out there weren't ANY dates during her break! We're seeing them during her long Easter weekend next week, though, so at least she gets to see them!

It's sad having to go back to reality after Muse! Totally understand how you feel. Wish you could join us for Vegas and Wembley! (Psst, Vegas is on a Saturday...)

Wow, that's right - lucky your spring break worked out! My sister's spring break is this week and we were so bummed out when we found out there weren't ANY dates during her break! We're seeing them during her long Easter weekend next week, though, so at least she gets to see them!

It's sad having to go back to reality after Muse! Totally understand how you feel. Wish you could join us for Vegas and Wembley! (Psst, Vegas is on a Saturday...)

oh good! glad it's working out for her.

OMG I KNOW! I'm SOOOO tempted to go to vegas. Seriously. It's on a saturday... i could totally do it. I just don't know if I can justify spending all that money on a plane ticket to see Muse again. Plus... I don't have a ticket for the gig :(

soooo tempted though..... not only would i get to see muse, but i'd be able to meet tons of musers. :facepalm: SO TEMPTED! :chuckle:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived