I hate twilight, but more fans means more tour dates, so :D.

Is it bad that when I liked Twilight that's how I found out about Muse but didn't like Supermassive Black Hole? It wasn't until a year later I was bored and recognized the name on the iTunes store and checked it out.

I like SMBH now though...

Twilight fans that only listen too SMBH and stuff from The Resistance are not Muse fans. Now Furygirl, you're cool becaus eyou actually look into the other stuff, which is what I wish all of them would do.

This. :yesey:

Personally, I don't care how someone discovers the band, as long as you genuinely love the music and listen to their back catalogue (not just the new stuff) and not just jumping on some bandwagon.

I initially heard about Muse through a friend in high school (this was during the OoS/Hullabaloo period), then through a boyfriend, but didn't really get into them until a couple of years ago, when I was in California, training for a job. I was in a car with a couple other people I was training with, and they had a full-on discussion about Muse. I realized that they were a band I had been meaning to look into further. When I came back home from training, I bought HAARP, which had just come out, then bought all their albums the following weekend. The rest is history, I guess!

I didn't know this thread was here either! I had heard of Muse around 2002-2003, but I didn't really get into them until Guitar Hero 3. :facepalm: Embarrassing, I know! But since then, I've become a "proper fan" and listened to everything I could get my hands on.

:LOL: I'm the same way :facepalm: I remember hearing Hysteria, but I didn't know who Muse was... and then Guitar Hero 3 came along. I remember thinking I can't pass this part! Goddamn Knights of Cydonia! But wow... what was bad ass song... hmmm I wonder what the rest of their songs sound like. :chuckle:

:wtf:

An American thread?

WELL HELLO! :D:D

Well hello! Sort of ex boyfriend but really just friend person. :chuckle:

Ohai 'mericuns. Anyone got tix to Coachella? Muse presale going on, duno if its sold out yet; haven't checked

Weather's been crazy in LA, raining hard all week so far...how is it that we alwaysgo back to weather talk? :LOL:

Because... idk, I actually like talking about the weather. :facepalm: Right now it's really nice out, don't even need a coat! :dance: Just my light spring jacket is enough. But I heard it's snowing next week. :wtf: Well, it is January.

Coachella's on the other side of the country for me. No Coachella for me. :(

Because... idk, I actually like talking about the weather. :facepalm: Right now it's really nice out, don't even need a coat! :dance: Just my light spring jacket is enough. But I heard it's snowing next week. :wtf: Well, it is January.

Coachella's on the other side of the country for me. No Coachella for me. :(

I wish we could have snow :( Ahaha, snow in LA would be a national disaster :LOL:

I would have tried for Coachella if it wasn't for that stupid 3 day pass only policy they have :mad:

...did anyonhttp://board.muse.mu/images/editor/menupop.gife find out about Twilight through Muse? :erm::facepalm:

:$ uuhhh, me as well -- the interwebs helped me 'sample' more of their stuff and now Im totally addicted. don't have all the past EPs/ singles that weren't released in the USA and some of the imports I have come across are ridonkulous expensive. most recent purchase is a pwoper copy of the Absolution Tour DVD ... but it's PAL so I can't watch it yet!? :LOL: worst case scenario I will have to pickup a world-region DVD player ...

Personally, I don't care how someone discovers the band, as long as you genuinely love the music and listen to their back catalogue (not just the new stuff) and not just jumping on some bandwagon.

great comment, Liberty. and I have moved off any twilight obsession -- it's mainly muse eating up my whole budget (oh and a new sofa ... oh and veterinary bills ... aiy yi yi) -- but Tofu, yes I will still see eclipse this summer and am quite curious what they'll do with BD and the 'missing' scenes :LOL:

:$ uuhhh, me as well -- the interwebs helped me 'sample' more of their stuff and now Im totally addicted. don't have all the past EPs/ singles that weren't released in the USA and some of the imports I have come across are ridonkulous expensive. most recent purchase is a pwoper copy of the Absolution Tour DVD ... but it's PAL so I can't watch it yet!? :LOL: worst case scenario I will have to pickup a world-region DVD player ...

I wish I could find a copy of the Abso DVD that would work on my dvd player! I've seen the live stuff on YT, but I don't know if the documentary part is on there. Probably, but I want my own copy. I'm not sure I want to buy a new DVD player, though. I think there's a way you can download a program to your pc so you can watch is that way, but I'm easily flustered with stuff like that.

During my last visit to the Philippines, I bought an all-region DVD player for $20 (hooray for their exchange rates haha) from a mall there.

I found out about Muse from some anime music video some fan did for Noein, using Stockholm Syndrome, so no... Twilight was not involved. And never will be because I'm not going to even touch their books or movies... I prefer Underworld or Blade. Less mush, more violence, please! :D

So envious of those who's been abroad. I want to leave the country and see all sorts of places. North Carolina's nice and all, but still... there's more things to do in a new country and new things to try! Hmm.. wonder if Muse could use another hand on tour? :eyebrows: I'm sure they can squeeze me on staff somewhere! :LOL:

And I wish I was going to Coachella... Muse and Phoenix would be nice. Far away NC is too far and away. :supersad:

Still waiting for my brother to get his tax return (i think next week?) and hopefully Fairfax isnt sold out by then. I gave him my half of the dues for tickets at least in hopes. Anybody going to Fairfax?

I found out about Muse from some anime music video some fan did for Noein, using Stockholm Syndrome, so no... Twilight was not involved. And never will be because I'm not going to even touch their books or movies... I prefer Underworld or Blade. Less mush, more violence, please! :D

So envious of those who's been abroad. I want to leave the country and see all sorts of places. North Carolina's nice and all, but still... there's more things to do in a new country and new things to try! Hmm.. wonder if Muse could use another hand on tour? :eyebrows: I'm sure they can squeeze me on staff somewhere! :LOL:

And I wish I was going to Coachella... Muse and Phoenix would be nice. Far away NC is too far and away. :supersad:

Still waiting for my brother to get his tax return (i think next week?) and hopefully Fairfax isnt sold out by then. I gave him my half of the dues for tickets at least in hopes. Anybody going to Fairfax?

America is too fucking big. :LOL:

Archived