• 1 month later...

Aw, this sad little thread. It has a little life in it yet! :)

I'm so out of touch with music, American or not. I blame it on being old. :( Maybe there's my first NYE resolution: pay attention to music around me. I suppose step 1 is Spotify. At least that's what the kids tell me.

That should be an easy resolution to keep! I do like Spotify for listening to albums/songs in full before I decide to buy them. I think they're gonna start charging soon, though. :(

I learn a lot by checking out the Other Bands section here! :)

Here's to 2012! :party:

Spotify = <3

Happy New Year, Americanos! Any upcoming plans?

It sounds lame, but I'm just excited to have a weekend all to myself. I've been out and about way too much these past couple of months and I just want a relaxing (albeit drunk) weekend at home. :yesey:

I'm excited to have this whole week off. :yesey: As for New Year's, we have no plans. Well actually, our 8 year old has been invited to a classmate's house for a kids New Year's party. I don't know if she can make it until midnight w/out turning into a demon, but at least maybe hubby and I can go out to dinner. Generally I despise New Year's. Too much pressure to have fun, and if you don't, you feel like you're missing out on something. Historically, it's been a bit of a pisser for me. I think it's mostly because I'm sad Fall and the fun holidays are over, and I dread Jan/Feb because I hate winter/being cold. :indiff:

I'm so cheery! :LOL:

I'm excited to have this whole week off. :yesey: As for New Year's, we have no plans. Well actually, our 8 year old has been invited to a classmate's house for a kids New Year's party. I don't know if she can make it until midnight w/out turning into a demon, but at least maybe hubby and I can go out to dinner. Generally I despise New Year's. Too much pressure to have fun, and if you don't, you feel like you're missing out on something. Historically, it's been a bit of a pisser for me. I think it's mostly because I'm sad Fall and the fun holidays are over, and I dread Jan/Feb because I hate winter/being cold. :indiff:

I'm so cheery! :LOL:

I agree about the pressure. I avoided all the stuff on tv about it. That seems to help. Although, my favorite New Years was rushing home from a crazily delayed flight just in time to see the ball drop on TV. It was the last time I went out of my way to watch it. Loved it. :happy:

I agree that there is too much stress on people to go out and party and do stuff. I went out with some family and watched a movie and had a nice dinner on NYE. Then I stayed up, made lemon drops until 11, watched Cowboys and Aliens and had a few glasses of champagne. Fun night in with friends.

I have no plans,except to stay up past midnight. Sad that my vacay is almost over, though.:(

I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow :(. Boo.

Call me a dumb-ass, but I didn't even know this thread existed, and I've been stinking this board up for more than 4 months now! :LOL:

I'm originally from Western Massachusetts, but lived in Eastern MA (Greater Boston) for about 15 years. I've lived in Eastern Pennsylvania now since August, 2008.

Anyway, just figured I'd interject!

Carry on! :D

Call me a dumb-ass, but I didn't even know this thread existed, and I've been stinking this board up for more than 4 months now! :LOL:

I'm originally from Western Massachusetts, but lived in Eastern MA (Greater Boston) for about 15 years. I've lived in Eastern Pennsylvania now since August, 2008.

I didn't either and I've been here a little over a year. :LOL:

It's been a warm winter here in California. Sure, there were some mornings where I had to scrape ice off the windows of my car, but not once did I have to wear a heavy coat. Today felt like a beautiful spring day. I don't really mind it as it was great weather to be out and about in, but I want winter! :(

It's been a warm winter here in California. Sure, there were some mornings where I had to scrape ice off the windows of my car, but not once did I have to wear a heavy coat. Today felt like a beautiful spring day. I don't really mind it as it was great weather to be out and about in, but I want winter! :(

I know, it was surprisingly warm today. I actually haven't had ice or frost yet. Not even rain.

ohai east coast :awesome:

I've never really looked in here before, and I've been here almost 7 years.

..... :facepalm:

it's been pretty much the same here, but i don't mind it at all. it's been as high as 60 degrees recently.

Bay Area. San Mateo

Nice! We're practically neighbors. Well, not really, but I'm there about once every week for work. Napa closed most of its rehab centers and we have to utilize ones in surrounding counties and one popular one happens to be in San Mateo. So I meet with one of my clients there every week.

ohai east coast :awesome:

I've never really looked in here before, and I've been here almost 7 years.

it's been pretty much the same here, but i don't mind it at all. it's been as high as 60 degrees recently.

Welcome, James! Heh. I tend to forget about this thread. It's all hidden away over here. :p

That's nice. I shouldn't complain and just enjoy it since I know it'll be scorching hot in the summer. But I do have nicer winter clothes than spring/summer ones. Didn't get to use them much.

It's been crazy warm here, like close to 70 some days lately. Then we had a hard freeze for a couple of days, but it's supposed to the be in upper 50s and 60s all this week. :awesome: So that's unseasonably warm but I love it. I hate freezing, esp. when I get up at 6:30 and it's still dark.

It's been crazy warm here, like close to 70 some days lately. Then we had a hard freeze for a couple of days, but it's supposed to the be in upper 50s and 60s all this week. :awesome: So that's unseasonably warm but I love it. I hate freezing, esp. when I get up at 6:30 and it's still dark.

It was so nice today, it's weird. Not that I'm complaining. ;)

Archived