Hello, fellow Americans Kinda bummed there is no Ohio date yet. :( I was really looking forward to it. I have had such a crummy year that I think I deserve a nice Muse gig or two to cheer me up but travelling for me is out of the question. I guess I will have to live vicariously through all of the lucky people who had better take some darn good photos and post them here for all to see. :)

Hello, fellow Americans Kinda bummed there is no Ohio date yet. :( I was really looking forward to it. I have had such a crummy year that I think I deserve a nice Muse gig or two to cheer me up but travelling for me is out of the question. I guess I will have to live vicariously through all of the lucky people who had better take some darn good photos and post them here for all to see. :)

Ah don't give up hope yet! Hopefully they'll have a date in Ohio! Columbus seems to be a regular tour stop for Muse, so I don't see why they'd skip it this time. The odds of them stopping in Ohio are greater than them doing a gig in, say, where I live. :(

There's gotta be another announcement coming up. Remember, they haven't even announced the Las Vegas gig that was posted on the Silversun Pickups website yet. And there's that one-week gap between the Texas and Canada dates...

Ah don't give up hope yet! Hopefully they'll have a date in Ohio! Columbus seems to be a regular tour stop for Muse, so I don't see why they'd skip it this time. The odds of them stopping in Ohio are greater than them doing a gig in, say, where I live. :(

There's gotta be another announcement coming up. Remember, they haven't even announced the Las Vegas gig that was posted on the Silversun Pickups website yet. And there's that one-week gap between the Texas and Canada dates...

Thanks, I guess I needed a little pep talk. :) I'm going to cross my fingers (and toes :LOL: ) for another announcement. And I hope we ALL get to go to a gig soon enough!!

I stayed home and watched pathetic New Year's shows from Times Square. :awesome:

NBC showed Green Day playing 4 or 5 times. I think Carson Daly is biased. :p

:)

yeah if Muse plays i'm definitely there... but if they don't i think i'm still leaning toward going. i've never been so it would definitely be an experience.

We'll both be SXSW n00bs. :D And since I know you're an 80s fan, Echo and the Bunnymen and Devo played there last year.

SWEET! We could hang out at SXSW! :D

:yesey: You could ride from Houston to Austin with me if you want.

We'll both be SXSW n00bs. :D And since I know you're an 80s fan, Echo and the Bunnymen and Devo played there last year.

OMG! Echo and the Bunnymen! I was a huge fan. :happy: And Devo kinda. There were these weird Devo fanboys at my school (like middle school....) who would always wear these vinyl yellow coveralls and those "energy dome" hats like Devo. Freaks... :chuckle:

:chuckle: I'm excited!

:eek: Oooooh! That would have been awesome! I'm so looking forward to this!

OMG! Echo and the Bunnymen! I was a huge fan. :happy: And Devo kinda. There were these weird Devo fanboys at my school (like middle school....) who would always wear these vinyl yellow coveralls and those "energy dome" hats like Devo. Freaks... :chuckle:

:LOL:

I stayed home and watched pathetic New Year's shows from Times Square. :awesome:

NBC showed Green Day playing 4 or 5 times. I think Carson Daly is biased. :p

:yesey: You could ride from Houston to Austin with me if you want.

I was at a bar and they were showing some Michael Jackson tribute concert from a few years ago. I thought it was a NYE broadcast, until they showed MJ in the audience. :LOL:

I've never been to SXSW, too... guess that makes three of us?

Thank you! For now, I've only been factoring in Fort Worth, though. I looked up Amtrak schedules from Austin to Fort Worth for St. Patrick's Day, and it looks doable. Plus, I don't have a ticket to Houston yet, and if Muse does end up playing SXSW, I'm thinking of skipping Houston altogether. That's not set in stone yet, though. I still have a few months to decide and plan this. :)

You have GA for both shows, I'm assuming? I could only get a seated ticket for Fort Worth.

Haha I didn't such Devo fanboys existed!

:chuckle: I'm excited!

:eek: Oooooh! That would have been awesome! I'm so looking forward to this!

:LOL:

Me too. :happy: I wonder who the surprise band will be this year...

I was at a bar and they were showing some Michael Jackson tribute concert from a few years ago. I thought it was a NYE broadcast, until they showed MJ in the audience. :LOL:

I've never been to SXSW, too... guess that makes three of us?

Thank you! For now, I've only been factoring in Fort Worth, though. I looked up Amtrak schedules from Austin to Fort Worth for St. Patrick's Day, and it looks doable. Plus, I don't have a ticket to Houston yet, and if Muse does end up playing SXSW, I'm thinking of skipping Houston altogether. That's not set in stone yet, though. I still have a few months to decide and plan this. :)

You have GA for both shows, I'm assuming? I could only get a seated ticket for Fort Worth.

:chuckle:

My other friend is going too (who also promised to go to Coachella with me), so we should have a whole group going!

Oops sorry, I forgot about that! I've got GA for both. Apparently I got lucky during the presale.

• 2 weeks later...
It's sad that we go through little spurts on here and then it just dies down.... :(

I wonder why more Americans don't check out this thread. There are a decent number of us on the board.

I guess because it's in Internatonal and not a lot of us are in here? There's the Resistance Tour in the US thread, too.

Everyone should just bookmark this thread. Then it's no trouble to check it. I always notice right away when there's a new post. And in the unlikely event we have to say anything that's not related to the Resistance tour, it should go here! :LOL:

I really have nothing to say atm, however. :erm:

Everyone should just bookmark this thread. Then it's no trouble to check it. I always notice right away when there's a new post. And in the unlikely event we have to say anything that's not related to the Resistance tour, it should go here! :LOL:

Or use the subscribe feature and bookmark the subscription page in your user control panel. Then you can keep track of multiple threads in one place! ;)

sure you do... you were giving us all wonderful advice on subscribing to threads :)

Or use the subscribe feature and bookmark the subscription page in your user control panel. Then you can keep track of multiple threads in one place! ;)

yeah i've ben subscribed to this thread for a while actually... but it's just so rare that anything is sad in here :(

Well, that's what I meant, Subscribe. :) See? I came back here! :D

Still have nothing to say, really. :chuckle:

:chuckle: you're silly.

yeah i don't really have anything to say other than that...

Um.... yay for three day weekends! but booo for being so fed up with crap that i still won't get any work done :(

Soooo...

Has anyone else noticed the massive rise in popularity of Muse in the US? I personally blame Twilight. Only one good thing came from that movie and that's Muse's newfound popularity here. As annoyed as I am with that movie it's also nice because now I can actually find vinyls and shirts in stores. But it also makes me nervous cause the show in March that I'm going to is probably going to have a good number of people who only really know stuff from "The Resistance" and Supermassive Blackhole.

And that's all I've got...

Soooo...

Has anyone else noticed the massive rise in popularity of Muse in the US? I personally blame Twilight. Only one good thing came from that movie and that's Muse's newfound popularity here. As annoyed as I am with that movie it's also nice because now I can actually find vinyls and shirts in stores. But it also makes me nervous cause the show in March that I'm going to is probably going to have a good number of people who only really know stuff from "The Resistance" and Supermassive Blackhole.

And that's all I've got...

Eh I don't really care about that part... except for issue of them getting in the way as I push to get to the barrier.

I'm glad Muse has found some popularity here. It's about time. It doesn't take anything away from how I feel about their music.

Meh, I can't knock Twilight because otherwise I'd not have discovered Muse. I'm not a Twihard or anything. It was just a passing affair. But Muse is for keeps. :happy:

Maybe that makes me lame, but I don't think anyone can say I'm not a "real" Muse fan. :rolleyes: I'm sure if I was still a young hipster I would've found out about them ages ago. Middle-aged housewives aren't the usual demographic, I guess. I'm like way cooler than my friends. :LOL:

Archived