Muse Insist They're 'Happy' With 'Twilight' Fanbase -- MTV

Natalia

Cheesy? As a Twilight fan I thought that neutron song was cheesy. A ripoff of Queen. He tried to clean it up but it's too late. It's just like Paramore. What's with these ungreatful little ******* bands? Twilight makes them famous and then they give us their asses to kiss. The cat's out of the bag. Muse used Twilight to get their music out which they did. Made millions and now wants to try and dis Twilight and distance itsself just like Paramore did which is why I don't follow their music anymore. Fans need to take a stand and start dissing them back. I hope they aren't used for Breaking Dawn. Time to move on Steph.[/Quote]

lulz.

yes. fans are fans, money are money.

Twilight gives Muse many new fans. Until this film is trendy they are more popular, but to be honest... I don't like this fact that Muse music is in twilight.

I know is good for they because Muse is popular but this all saga is crappy. IMO

Chris' comments are completely being taken out of context when it seemed he was debating with himself whether it was a good idea.

There's nothing wrong with having your music in a film. Some film soundtracks are amazing and I'm sure the majority of people, myself included have discovered songs and bands through films.

The issue is becoming synonymous with a particular series of films and the effect that'll have in the long term and it could be ultimately damaging as they are seen as the "Twilight band" rather than Muse.

But obviously Muse can't come out saying they are unhappy with the association, especially if there's more films and there may still some contract on the go, just to be cynical and also, pissing off Twilight fans wouldn't be nice or good PR either.

And whilst it may be winning them new fans, it could be losing them fans just as easily. NSC & Plug In Baby both reached number 11 in the charts I think, Plug In Baby came out at a time when singles sold more than they do today...

"Loads of young fans come to our gigs now who say, 'We heard that song from that film,' " he told MTV News' Tim Kash after the AMAs. "And that's great. We're happy with that."

Sure you do. :rolleyes:

Bellamy also said that he's fine with the vampire flicks. "The first one was pretty good," he told Kash. "The second one I only saw a bit of it. A guy kept taking his shirt off and showing his muscles, which was getting a little cheesy."

I can almost imagine him trying to watch that,haha :D

Archived