They need a full, year-long break without touring, recording or even thinking about music. Just drop what they're doing and go get a fucking life.

This.

Also, with the not-playing-Showbiz-stuff, if I recall correctly, Chris said once (and quite a while ago now) that they hardly ever listened to Showbiz because it was a bit weird for them, they'd grown so much since then, so maybe that has something to do with it. I can look for the interview if need be.

This.

Also, with the not-playing-Showbiz-stuff, if I recall correctly, Chris said once (and quite a while ago now) that they hardly ever listened to Showbiz because it was a bit weird for them, they'd grown so much since then, so maybe that has something to do with it. I can look for the interview if need be.

Obviously not weird enough to have stopped them from playing Unintended, Cave and Sunburn. Not until recently anyway.

Matt isn't a pushover. If Dom and Chris object to any decision he makes I'm sure he wouldn't go down without a fight. Dom and Chris probably can't be bothered arguing with him, and just go along with the setlists of cheese.

The way I see it is that when people think of Muse they think of Matt. Matt Bellamy is Muse to casual fans...or he's the only one people would recognise of the 3 of them - esp now he's banging KH. Sure Chris and Dom play a huge part but without Matt, who writes the songs (not great songs, but still) etc etc, they are shafted. So yeah, I'd say it is a case of what he says goes most of the time. Less hassle to argue with him I can only presume.

"Half-assed" would be a good way to describe this tour. I wouldn't be surprised if that same mindset carries over to their next tour.

Half assed with ridic excuses.

Damn right it was a joke. And it was a bad one at that.

Management: "Let's let the fans vote for songs this summer!"

Muse: "YEAH!"

*fans vote*

Management: "Oh, they voted for songs that weren't on the last two albums."

Muse: "Fuck the fans, they'll keep paying to see us anyway. They are already butthurt from the screwing we gave them with the Asian setlists. I'm sure they won't feel as much pain if we screw them again."

Management: "Yeah, you're right. Do what you want.... OH! But make sure you make an effort for the last night at Wembley. That should make things alright again!"

Muse: "Fine."

Beautifully written script. :yesey:

No, he is just making sure the bass is firm. :)

It should be firmly in the back of Matts head for playing such bullshit.

Hope: that they actually learn some srs lessons from this tour and realised that the priority at a rock gig should be the music and not the light show. It's their past performances on stage (music and energy) that got them to the status of best live act and it's gizmos and special effects that's going to keep them there long term if the music and the performances are average or up and down.

Realistically: they have seen that they can draw in huge crowd and satisfy casual listeners with being a great Muse tribute band and will pursue down the easy road of greatest hits, short setlist and performances that have more up and downs than a yo-yo.

I would love for muse to prove me wrong but I am not a person of faith so I will believe it when I see it.

i used to be the number one, optimistic person when it came to muse, even when i noticed the setlists getting a bit stupid. THEN i joined the forum, really paid attention, and watched the european gigs. THEN i heard that bullshit excuse about why they don't play MM and i kinda had it with them. yes, i bought tix and still spent money on them, but truth be told, i'm disappointed with them. still love them. but it's kinda like what hipbones said, i'm in love with what they USED to be more than what they are now.

the fact that i accept the fact i won't hear older songs bothers me. i anticipate the new album, but more out of curiosity than excitement. it's gonna take a straight BANGER to make me forget this post and this tour. stripped down sounds good... but i want raw riffs.

idk. i'm torn. i have faith in them because of me being a die hard fan, and this is just honest critique. i'm trying not to bash or rage.

we can speculate on why they do this and that, and why dom and chris don't say shit... but honestly... what they do next year (i'm looking at you, possible lolla gig) and the next album will truly be the answer. unless NME or Kerrang does some deep fucking interview and we hear some truth. (which won't happen...)

tbh even if they play lots of old songs next year it wont make a difference. In 2008 they were playing Fury, dead star and space dementia regularly and even bought back megalomania but The Resistance still turned out the way it did, so even if 2011 brings a few suprises dont get your hopes up kids.

I think the fame has gotten to them. I really hope they turn it around next tour but honestly I doubt it. They wouldn't have let this tour go so shit if they were going to bring a banger next time around. It's just foreshadowing the tough times ahead.:p

I hope they erased the whole resistance era from their brains and start over. That would be nice.

If the next album is as bad as the resistance then I honestly think the setlists will go to shit:

from Showbiz we will get nothing

from OoS we will get Plug in Baby and Feeling Good on rotation

From Absolution we will get TIRO and hysteria

From BH&R we will get KoC, SMBH and starlight

From TR we will get Uprising, UD, resistance, USoE

and then 5 sixth album songs, that makes a setlist of 17 songs, so maybe optimistic

So I recon that New Born, Bliss, Citizen Erased, Stockholm Syndrome, Ruled By Secrecy, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Map of the Problematique, Take a Bow, MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection will all become extremely rare...

USoE will almost certainly be dropped I think

I actually think it will stay, 4 songs always remain out the staples.

from the absolution tour to BH&R tour SfA went and SS, TiRO, Hysteria and B&H remained. From the BH&R tour to the resistance tour Invincible went and MotP, Starlight, KoC, SMBH all stayed.

So I think that MK Ultra will go like assassin and the Small Print

Overture will go like blackout or city of delusion

Guiding Light will go like SfA or Invincible

Uprising will def. stay as will resistance and Undisclosed desires. For the fourth song I think that USoE is more likely than Unnatural Selection as US has already been dropped from the staples in the US. USoE has been played on every single date of the Resistabce tour

Undisclosed Desires will go, I'm sure.

It wasn't a chart success, it jarrs horribly with the rest of Muse's set and it doesn't work live very well at all. I can't see it sticking around.

Guiding Light will go too, like Invincible did.

Uprising will most definitely stay as it's monsterous live, one of Muse's best numbers live. Not sure about Resistance, it's a bit middle-of-the-road. I can see United States Of Eurasia staying because like Uprising, it's beefy as a live track and keeps up the piano song quota. As much as I'd love to see Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra stick around, I doubt they will and if one does survive, it'll be Unnatural Selection, for sure.

I Belong To You was barely played on The Resistance tour, it's gone already I'd say.

Exogenesis is a tough one because Overture did work well as a stand-alone piece. I think it'll be shelved until they can do the whole piece justice live.

Order of likeliness in future:

Uprising

United States Of Eurasia

-----

Resistance

Unnatural Selection

-----

Exogenesis

-----

MK Ultra

-----

Undisclosed Desires

Guiding Light

I Belong To You

I'm definitely interested to see what sticks around for the next tour, I know Uprising will, and at least two of Undisclosed Desires, Resistance, United States of Eurasia and Unnatural Selection. The rest are probably gone forever after Australia unless they do some one off gigs next year.

Does anyone else find it weird that Invincible hasn't appeared even once on this tour? It just seems odd to be at every gig on one tour and just gone completely the next.

I'm definitely interested to see what sticks around for the next tour, I know Uprising will, and at least two of Undisclosed Desires, Resistance, United States of Eurasia and Unnatural Selection. The rest are probably gone forever after Australia unless they do some one off gigs next year.

Does anyone else find it weird that Invincible hasn't appeared even once on this tour? It just seems odd to be at every gig on one tour and just gone completely the next.

I find it odd, but I don't really mind because if it was in a gig with guiding light as well then it would be too much for me...

Uprising

United States of Eurasia (since Muse apparently lack good piano songs from previous albums)

Resistance

Unnatural Selection

They will probably stick around. Unnatural Selection will (hopefully) replace New Born. Thankfully, Guiding Light will have died until next tour, and so will Undisclosed Desires. I suspect that Feeling Good will disappear as well. Why? Well it was played in the Showbiz and OoS eras, but was completely dropped in the Absolution era. It then reappeared for BHaR and The Resistance. So, my prediction is that it will be gone next tour. At least I hope so.

And no, I don't find it weird that Invincible hasn't been played. They've been way too busy playing Guiding Light, Undisclosed Desires and that shit version of what used to be New Born, but is now simply Unborn.

They did The Small Print at almost every show for the Absolution tour, and that hasn't been played even once since that tour. Muse are just weird like that :LOL: