music is music, its about expression and evolving.. some bands do and some dont.. muse do evolve.. id like to hear more stuff similar to OOS album, doesnt mean to say it will happen :D

personally speaking, muse is one of those bands that arent afraid to try something different.. im a fan of LP as well, but their latest album sounds like the others theyve done.. *YAWN* novelty worn off etc etc.

It's the length of the gigs, if anything, that's pissing me off.

If you take this as the 'standard' 15-song set:

Uprising

Map Of The Problematique

New Born

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Hysteria

United States Of Eurasia

Feeling Good

Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

-----

Exogenesis, Pt. 1: Overture

Stockholm Syndrome

Knights Of Cydonia

If the length was 19-21 songs, as it should be, you free up four slots for songs like Guiding Light, MK Ultra, I Belong To You, Neutron Star Collision, Take A Bow, Soldier's Poem, Apocalypse Please, Sing For Absolution, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Ruled By Secrecy, Bliss, Citizen Erased, Dead Star and Sunburn - songs Muse have shown they're still able/willing to play.

Muse are a five album, arena band; anything less than 18 songs is simply unacceptable and lazy. Truth. If they're simply not capable of touring to the extent they do without fucking over the fans on certain legs of the tour/at certain shows, tour less. Simple solution.

EDIT: Gawd, look at that set on its own - it looks absolutely pathetic on paper :noey:.

Muse could easily do a few Stadium shows in the US (the US fans were definitely the most hard done by) which would also allow them to experience the Stadium set-up/crowd, etc.

Have maybe 4-6 Stadium shows spread out at major locations across the country and give yourself a week or so between shows. There's no real reason they couldn't do something like that. The fewer Stadium shows would allow a more relaxed feel to the tour in terms of moving about, etc. Plus the fact that they're playing 4-6 shows would heighten the ability to sell-out each show (let's be honest, Muse aren't capable of selling out a full-blown Stadium Tour in the US like a U2 could).

Why all the Aussie hate??

The gigs haven't even started yet and everyone's saying, 'oh Australia is shit and Muse doesn't care about the other countries at all".

Pretty sure we had shitty 13song setlists at the BDO which were the worst of the tour, and these Arena gigs haven't even started yet.

And if Muse do play a few rarities here, then is it really worth the bitching and moaning, just to make those that went to the gigs feel bad about themselves that they got to wittness it.

I know Muse have been pretty shit this tour, but the hate should be towards them, not the fans who have paid about double the price everyone else has to go to these shows.

Saying stuff like "I hope the Aussies get shit setlists" is just rude and arrogant.

I too was pissed when they played a few rare songs in the Asian Tour before BDO and then my gig got the standard staple songs (- New Born and + Feeling Good). But I was at least happy that the Asians got to see these rarities at all.

So what I'm trying to say is, I know Muse are playing some pretty shit sets at the moment, but don't put all your hate on the Aussie Musers when our gigs haven't even started yet, cause it makes us fell bad about ourselves when we haven't even done anything wrong.

Hipbones probably should have said "I hope Australia get the same setlists that the European and American tours got".

In the interests of fairness.

It's the length of the gigs, if anything, that's pissing me off.

If you take this as the 'standard' 15-song set:

Uprising

Map Of The Problematique

New Born

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Hysteria

United States Of Eurasia

Feeling Good

Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

-----

Exogenesis, Pt. 1: Overture

Stockholm Syndrome

Knights Of Cydonia

If the length was 19-21 songs, as it should be, you free up four slots for songs like Guiding Light, MK Ultra, I Belong To You, Neutron Star Collision, Take A Bow, Soldier's Poem, Apocalypse Please, Sing For Absolution, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Ruled By Secrecy, Bliss, Citizen Erased, Dead Star and Sunburn - songs Muse have shown they're still able/willing to play.

Muse are a five album, arena band; anything less than 18 songs is simply unacceptable and lazy. Truth. If they're simply not capable of touring to the extent they do without fucking over the fans on certain legs of the tour/at certain shows, tour less. Simple solution.

EDIT: Gawd, look at that set on its own - it looks absolutely pathetic on paper :noey:.

bu bu bub bu teh show is mos important :(

(Yes i was joking, how do you do spolier tags BTW if anyone can respond to this).

And it certainly doesn't change the fact that it's complete bullshit.

Yeah well i think it's likely that when muse tour next they'll play at least 18-20 songs per show. Another album and a different tour should result in longer shows and if they do then i'm sure they'll include a few rarities.

Yeah well i think it's likely that when muse tour next they'll play at least 18-20 songs per show. Another album and a different tour should result in longer shows and if they do then i'm sure they'll include a few rarities.

Well, when TR was about to come out I was happy since I figured it would mean even more variety in each show. :rolleyes:

Nah.

Muse's sets have got progressively shorter, on average, at their arena tour/standard tour shows.

Showbiz - 12-15 songs p/n.

Origin Of Symmetry - 14-19 songs p/n.

Absolution - 16-20 songs p/n.

Black Holes & Revelations - 17-19 songs p/n.

The Resistance - 15-18 songs p/n.

Joke.

Wow, 6 albums and a truckload of B-sides, and they'll play at least 18-20 songs? Yeah, maybe the first few gigs. Then we'll go down to 17.... 16.... then maybe even 15.... sound familiar?

I don't expect any rarities to be played next tour. They obviously suck anyway and are nothing but a burden for the band.

Wow, 6 albums and a truckload of B-sides, and they'll play at least 18-20 songs? Yeah, maybe the first few gigs. Then we'll go down to 17.... 16.... then maybe even 15.... sound familiar?

I don't expect any rarities to be played next tour. They obviously suck anyway and are nothing but a burden for the band.

If they suck then why are you on the muse boards in the 1st place?

We're gonna get a few rarities because we're the last leg of the tour. Complaining about past setlists this year isn't gonna change that.

So...because you are the last gigs, you should get a better effort from the band than the earlier gigs? What kind of logic is that?

Muse did this last year. They released a new album, and it resulted in SHORTER setlists. Once again your logic fails.

Just because he doesn't like 2010 Muse live doesn't mean he has enjoyed them in the past, or that he stills enjoy the music.

3 fails in 3 posts, congrats.

I think we found someone with less logic than me when it comes to muse when i joined the boards!

i reckon we might get the same length of set lists. and australia will just get the same old same old like the rest of the shows around the world, apart from perth, where we MIGHT get something

Hipbones probably should have said "I hope Australia get the same setlists that the European and American tours got".

In the interests of fairness.

Maybe.

Lol.

Hold on. Muse are on their FIFTH album. How many more do they need before they can say "yeah, lets extend the show now by a few more tracks...we've enough material!"? What a load of crap.

That old chestnut!

Hold on. Muse are on their FIFTH album. How many more do they need before they can say "yeah, lets extend the show now by a few more tracks...we've enough material!"? What a load of crap.

Over 100 songs is clearly not enough. Throw in 10 more and we will with no doubt get the best and most variated setlists ever.